Her

I Missed You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

A pitbull couldn't stop barking at the teenagers whom disturbed it these whole ten minutes. I covered my ears with both hands, couldn't find peace at all tonight with my espresso. It was a long bad day for me even until now.

Jerk

It was already 9 pm but thankfully this shop opens until midnight, perhaps they understand coffee addicts (and maybe cigarettes).

"You already drank two cups, why do you still need a cigarette! Gosh you'll make your lungs hurt a year later, just you see," a chatty mouth, none other than Dara, scolded as I was about to take a piece of cigarette from its box.

I put it back to its original place when she started to narrow her eyebrows in an annoying way.

"Good boy,"

"Then stop that dog from barking then I promise I'll stop smoking for a week," I blurted out of nowhere. Seriously, that pitbull had to be stopped this time. That wasn't even cute.

"Deal," she said as she smiled and stood up from her seat just across mine.

I thought she was just bluffing when she only stared at the glass window for a while, staring at the dog that had been tied to a pillar in front of a convenience store by its owner an hour ago. However, she started to move a bit and.. she walked out from the shop. She really wanted to do it.

I smirked upon seeing her trying to cross the road but failed in each attempt.

She can't even cross it, how can she stop the dog..

A tall man in a black long coat with an umberella in his left hand, because it was drizzling, approached her from aside and surprisingly helped her cross the road. He stopped the cars with his right hand. Thanks to the umberella so he couldn't hold her hand.

She bowed to him a few times before he went in the store. He smiled at her.

I took a sip of my coffee, annoyed with a sudden action that the stranger did to a bestfriend of mine since kid.

I turned my head again only to see the youngsters were stepping back and Dara squatted. She patted the grumpy pitbull, caressed its cheeks, and talked to it. Once again I was surprised. The dog just stopped barking eventhough the teenagers were still there at that time.

What the hell.

I rolled my eyes when she smirked like an evil at me. The box of cigarettes on the table seemed so dark now. We have to separate for a week and it was damn hard for me who always depend on it in these four years.

"Yeah, good bye, bro," I threw it to a trash can near the front door.

When I was about to cross the road, that black coat man appeared from the store, staring at Dara whom still patted the pitbull. I crossed in a rush while praying that the guy wouldn't approach her again.

I grabbed her hand making her stood up in surprise.

"Damn you Jiyong," she hit my arm lightly, still shocked.

"You win. Let's go home," I ruffled her hair to let the man knows that she's with me. I know he was still staring at her.

I held her shoulders and walked nonchalantly towards my car which made her smiled like an idiot. She was blushing and that makes my heart flutter.

"You seldom do that," the brown haired girl said when we both already in the car.

"Just in case if that man approaches you again,"

"Who?"

"The man in black coat, the one who helped you crossed the road,"

It was silence after that. I felt guilty for myself when I said that, I wish she wouldn't care about that or leave any comments that could make me feel embarrased. Yet, God didn't want to take the prayers.

"Are you jealous?" She laughed.

"Of course not! He just seems like a bad guy, I just don't like his appearance," lie. All I have told her was a lie. I was jealous and honestly, that man is good looking.

"Why not? His appearance is like a husband material though,"

I looked at her in surprise, "what?"

"Joking!" She laughed and pinched my cheek hardly.

"What was that for!" My left hand caressed my cheek while the other was still holding steering wheel.

"You're cute if you're blushing, so I just made it red,"

We just arrived at her house when she said that, making me even more blushing.

"Bye," she smiled and opened the door.

I rolled my eyes, "you forgot something,"

She turned around and looked at me in confusion. When it felt like a decade for her to remember, she finally hit her forehead lightly, "Sorry!"

She then hugged me and kissed my cheek. Little things that become a habit of us when we say goodbye.

It starts when I had a car accident that caused a few stitches on my knee and also a trauma. A coma for two weeks. I told her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter