Different

Reading your lips

The day finally came. Their first date together. Eunji woke up early and chose her clothes carefully. She chose a cute jumper dress with a strip t shirt. An everyday look that everybody loved and wear. She even did breads on her head. She was ready so early that she had time for a full breakfast.  Her father looked proudly at her. She looked happy.

« Be nice to him. Have a good day, my baby. »

 

She smiled dearly and he chuckled. « I thought that putting you in this school was a terrible idea. I'm glad that everything is fine there. »

 

Eunji sighed. « I'm doing fine, I told you. »

 

She left on these words, taking the bus to arrive to the city. She spotted YongGuk ; that ditched his black outfit for a simple blue shirt and jeans. She waved to him. He first didn't mind the cute girl waving at him, until she arrived just next to him.

 

« EUNJI ?? »

He ttook a better look, she had a dress and looked girly in those clothes. She smircked. « Surprised ? »

 

« I didn't think that it was you. You look ... feminine. » YongGuk said, regretting his chose of words just after saying it.

 

Eunji narrowed her eyes for a moment.  « I'll take that as a compliment. By the way,you don't look bad either. »

 

He grabbed her hand and they reached the museum with success. In there, they admired the goodies of Moomins, the drawings original book and stuff. They were like five year old, running around to show each others the different paints and plushies.

 

« YongGuk there's Mama Moomin there !! »

 

He ran to her , looking over her shoulder. « This brings back so much child memories. »

 

« Right. »

 

They stared at the drawings for a long time and then sat at the diffusion of the first ever episode. They sat in the back noticing a lot of families with their children. Eunji smiled noticing that there was subtitles. YongGuk took her hand in his for the entire episode. Without noticing, they spent a good time there, just watching old episodes of The Moomins, until a documentary about the author was broadcasted. At the end, YongGuk and Eunji smiled to each others.

"She can be proud of herself. She made a whole generation of children dream with The Moomins. Maybe two." YongGuk said, making Eunji nod. She remembers really well her afternoon spend watching The Moomins with Daehyun.

 

« We should go too, right » YongGuk said to Eunji, she looked around and everyone was leaving the exposition. She pouted. « The store. Please. I want to buy something !!! »

 

She dragged him all the way thought the museum store and looked carefully at the goodies. Suddenly something caught her attention. « Look, a couple keyring !! »

 

YongGuk looked at the cute things in her hand, Papa Moomin and Mama moomin on each keyring, with a kissing pout.  « That's lovely. »

 

She nodded and ran to the casher. YongGuk looked at her buy the thing and give him the Mama Moomin.

 

« I'll keep the Papa Moomin with me. »

 

He cupped her cheeks with delight. « Alright Mama Moomin. »

 

They exited the store holding hands before setting their key on the keyrings. Eunji looked at YongGuk staring at the keyring and hugged him.

 

« Let's go !! » She said.

 

« Where ? »

 

« Hmm ice skating ? In this hot weather that's be cool !! »

 

He agreed right away and soon both of them were putting on the shoes necessary for ice skating. Eunji was struggling with putting them so instinctly YongGuk abandonned his to tie hers.

 

« Is it too tight ? » He asked. She shook her head and he kept going with the other shoe. Once again, he made sure that the fit was right, Eunji was fluttered by this simple gesture. YongGuk was really a well-raised boy. Not a lot of her former boyfriend can brag about being that well-raised, even if  well-raised people don't brag.

 

« Here we are !! » He said when he finished his task.

 

She cleared . « Thanks. »

He nodded before taking care of his shoelace and soon they both were on the ice.

 

« So what level do you have ? » He asked.

 

« Artistic. » Eunji said with a smirck, making YongGuk laugh. «  I'm not bad. I don't fall. » She corrected herself.

 

« Me either. But I think we need to upgrade the security. » YongGuk said playful.

 

She looked at him, confused before seeing him reach her hand. She laughed and pushed lightly his shoulder. They ice skated holding hands for a long moment. YongGuk was so graceful on the ice. Eunji asked him to show his skills and he did a salto for her. Eunji wowed as the other users of the ice, getting YongGuk shy. She clapped in her hands as he came back to her.

 

« As expected, you're excellent everywhere ! » She said to him. He shook his hands embarassed by the compliment.

 

« I'm not as good as you think. » 'My brother is way better. ' YongGuk thought to himself. She punched his arm.

 

« Whooah stop being that humble you're really good. »

 

He nodded, his arm. She was physical. He grabbed her hand and they calmly skated in the ice, Eunji noticed that he made sure to not let her behind with little steps and she grabbed his  arm instead of his hand.

 

YongGuk looked at her surprised. She was litterally glued to him and his arm was comfortably set in between her . She even rested her head on his arm too. Eunji raised her head, feeling that he became stiff at this contact..

 

« Does it make you uncomfortable ? »

 

He blushed. « I'm not used to that kind of skinship... »

 

She nodded and let go of his arm. He quickly added. « But I could get used to it. »

The young woman chuckled, almost falling on the ice. She looked at him while getting back balance and grabbed his cheeks. « You're cute. »

 

 She grabbed back his arm like before and they did peaceful rounds for a moment.

 

Soon, she sighed. «I'm tired and hungry. »

 

« Then, we should leave and eat. » She clapped her hand and they left the ice skating place. Eunji was cold inside of the ice skating and going outside in the summer heat, she let out a scream.

 

« Oh gosh now it's so hot. This thermic shock is no good I'm telling you. »

 

He nodded, feeling how hos body had to readjust to the hot humid weather. « What do you want to eat ? »

 

« Hmm, something tasty. »

 

He laughed. Sure. This was Eunji we talked about. They walked around and chose a random restaurant. Eunji was sipping water when YongGuk looked at his keyring once more.

 

« You really like it right ? »

 

He nodded. « It's the first gift of my first girfriend. »

 

Eunji almost choked on her water. « Wait I'm your first girlfriend ? »

 

He nodded a little embarrassed while she looked confused. « A hidden pearl. Wow. I mean you're like the boyfriend every girl would want !!! »

 

Eunji looked at him laugh nerviously and smiled.

 

« It ... happened this way. I just had ridiculous crushes when I was younger » YongGuk said, hiding that his ridiculous crushes all prefered his  playful and  muscular brother to him.

 

Eunji grinned. « I'm really honoured to be the first one !! » YongGuk looked at her smile warmly and didn't resist to pinch her braid.

 

« No one opened the classroom door that violently before. This melted my heart. » He . She had trouble to understand.

 

« What ? »

 

He noticed that she wasn't getting whet he was saying so explained to her how she disturbed the classroom on her first day.

 

« Oh. My reputation is really done then. » She said, awkward.

 

« What ? »

 

« I don't usually care about the noise I make because I didn't ear it. Mom told me that I was the noisest girl she knows. I just thank that noisy eating is already a part of korean culture.»

 

YongGuk laughed. « Wow I didn't think of that. »

 

« But now I try to correct those bad, hmmm those habits. » Eunji said. Now, she could really realize how she disturbs her family.

 

He nodded before asking her out of the blue. « So I'm not your first boyfriend ? »

 

She blushed. « Nope. I had tons of boyfriends before you even if it wasn't serious. »

 

« Tons of them ? » YongGuk repeated with an amused smirck.

 

« Oh, an awfully misused exageration. But … hmmm you're my first hearing boyfriend. I never ever dated an hearing guy. » She blushed saying that, making him worry.

 

« Is it different ? » YongGuk gulped, it was the first time someone called him an « hearing guy », that didn't sound that friendly.

 

« Hmm well, that's an hard question. Obviously, it's different. But at the same time, we do the same things, going on dates, kissing holding hands and stuffs. »

 

YongGuk smiled and looked at her eat with appetite. He pushed away the question that was bruning his tongue : why does it seem that the hearing people and the deaf people word don't blend ?

 « Much better than the canteen food. » He commented instead making her chuckle.

 

Eunji and him ate in a great atmosphere. YongGuk was indeed a caring guy, serving her water, proposing to cut her meat, Eunji was overwhelmed by his multiples attentions.

« Where did you learn to do those things on the ice skate ? » Eunji asked curious.

 

«It was a challenge between Hyung and I, who will be the better." YongGuk revealed

 

Eunji nodded. « I'm sure you're the best, right ? »

 

YongGuk shook his head. The only thought that he was better than his twin was weird.

 

She seemed surprised. « Whoah, you mean that your brother can do more awesome things with ice skating ? »

 

He nodded. « He's in a sports boarding school and had a year in an ice hockey team. »

 

« Okay. So two boys at home ? »

 

YongGuk shook his head. « And Sasha Noona. »

 

« Oh that's a lot of children. » Eunji said making him laugh. He never felt that they were a lot at home. His dad had his military career, his mom had hers in the bank. So it's basically him and his sister home on a daily basis.

 

They ended up walking around in a park to end the day together. Their day was full of memories and they jumped on the occassion to get photos together. YongGuk had a sneeze, looking at his photos.

« Oh god no. You're getting a cold because of the ice skating. » She put her hand on his forehead and he was slightly hot. She pouted. « You're sick by tomorrow. »

 

« What ? Are you a doctor or something ? » He asked, not believing her.

 

« I can sense it. All of this because of my deed. I feel sorry. » YongGuk laughed and hugged her. « It's worth it. »

 

She blushed. « Hmm, really ? »

 

« 100% » He mumbled before sneezing once more. He walked her back home and came back home to crash on his bed.

 

She was right. His nose was bright red, he was freezing all the time and almost lost his voice in a span of fifteen hours. He spent his sunday in his bed in pyjamas, sleeping.

 

When monday arrived, Eunji sighed. She would be alone today, YongGuk was sick like she said. He seemed defeated when calling her last night. It was the first time his seat was empty. She sighed looking at it, YongGuk may be a quiet guy, yet everyone got surprised not seeing him there and a lot of classmates asked how he was doing.

"Poor boy. On your first date ever !" Jihyun said.

Eunji pouted. "Right !". She looked at Jihyun, she was the second of the class after YongGuk. She didn't seem like the type to go out with athletic men like YongGuk's brother.

"Are you visiting him tonight after class ?" She asked.

Eunji shook her head. "I wished I was. Buut I have no idea where YongGuk lives."

The girl in front of her laughed. "I'll give you his address. It's not that complicated to find."

Eunji thanked her endlessly when Jihyun was done with her explanations. She couldn't wait to surprise him tonight coming at his home. She  bought some infusions for him with some local honay and bought a soup from her dad restaurant before heading to the said address.

She ring the bell and heard a familiar voice. « Oh gosh is that the pizza ? »

 

This voice. Her eyes widened when she saw Minah. The bully. The one that took some much pleasure mocking the sign langage, do awful tricks to her, made her feel ashamed to be hard of hearing. This person was basically the one that made her run away from her school and get to the school for deaf and hard of hearing children. Eunji kept an awful memory of those mean jokes about her and her condition.

 

« Eunji? » The girl said with an amused smile.  Eunji gulped. It was stronger than her, the little seven-year old scared of Minah made her unable to reply.

 

« What is it babe ? » A voice asked in the house. Eunji stayed here silent. Is that YongGuk that she hears ?

 

« Oh nothing important. Something for deaf people charity. I'll deal with it, Honey. » Minah answered before closing the door.

 

«  What are you doing there ? » Eunji asked to Minah. We were a bright monday; YongGuk brother was in school obviously.

 

« Huh ? I'm here with my boyfriend, nothing unusual ? » She grinned before looking at her with disgust. « Did you think that you got a chance with him . Oppa is an another level, mine you see. »

 

Eunji got even more confused. She couldn't believe that Minah was YongGuk girlfriend. Not after revealing that she was his first girlfriend. In this case, he's a professional player. She gulped hard, wanting to leave.

 

« Oh the deaf girl is so sad now. I crushed you when we were seven,  don't let me start back huh. »

 

Eunji looked at her with disgust. « I don't see why you're so amused to have bullied me. You're heartless. »

 

« We don't live in the Moomin word. Didn't you fake your deafness just to be an attraction Eunji ? How come you hear me perfectly fine now ? A miracle ? God's deed ? »

 

Eunji stayed silent. She can't get angry at this girl, this will be losing. She smiled, and stayed still.

 

« You're a liar, arrogant and a . That's a lot of stuffs to be don't you think ? »

 

Minah pated her head. « Now get the off Oppa house. »

 

The door suddenly opened on YongGuk. He seemed fine. Eunji looked the other way. He lied. He didn't get sick. He just wanted time with his other girlfriend.

 

« Why are you this mean to her babe ? » He asked, grabbing her waist.

 

« Jagy, hmm, it's our way to chat right Bestie ? » Minah said in a mellow voice.

 

Eunji sighed and dropped her bags. « I'm leaving. »

 

«Babe you have explanations to do. Did you really bully her ? » Eunji heard from the male. 'Huh, he doesn't even try to explain himself' She thought to herself. Minah stayed silent. « , I knew you wasn't like the christian girl but still. »

 

Eunji stopped to walk at this sentence. Something was really weird.  She came back next to the boy. He looked different from YongGuk. YongGuk has a mole right under his right eye ; he's not that muscular and his skin is slightly lighter. And this voice was definetely not the right tone, less deep.

 

And more than all; YongGuk doesn't say bad words, neither dies he "babe" her.

 

She stared at the boy. This person didn't know her.

 

« You're not YongGuk. » She stated.

 


Let's spice a little bit things, alright ? Different was definitely the word for this chapter. YongGuk realized that Eunji was different from him, and Eunji realized that the person in front of her is not YongGuk .... because Yongjoon acts differently from YongGuk.

Also thanks to my subscribers ! Your number is always rising =)

 

Hope you enjoyed !!