Cute

Reading your lips

She was sat at one table of the canteen and Yong Guk decided to have lunch with her.

He took his courage and brought his plate. He sat in front of her and started to eat. She looked amazed at him and quickly put back her hearing aids.

 

« Can I ? » he finally asked. She nodded and looked at him eat his food with appetite. She took a bite of her food and ate it with precaution.

 

« Why are you eating like that ? »

 

« Huh ? »

 

« You're eating as little as a bird, and as elegantly as a princess. »

 

She chuckled. « Hmm, just afraid I'll scare people with my bad eating habit. »

 

YongGuk laughed. « You shouldn't. Everyone is focused on their meal. »

 

She listenned to him and ate her plate more quickly, getting rid of almost all the food. « It's not that good. »

They talked again and again. Yong Guk was amazed to see that she was afraid of the canteen and what people think of her. She was trying her best to not get noticed by people as if she could get bullied anytime.

Thought the days, she got more comfortable with him. Smiling and waving to him, even calling his name in the hall. Eating together was their thing. They would eat the atrocious food of the canteen, rate it and laugh over it.

 

« I swear that I should get up more early and begg my dad for food. »

 

« Your dad ? »

 

« He's a Chief. »

 

« I understand now why you're picky with food. » Yong Guk stated , she smirked and soon her phone put on the table , the screen became all white as if taking a photo. Yong guk got startled by the thing and looked at Eunji grabb her phone with ease to read the new message. She put back her phone on the table and Yong Guk looked at it flashlight once more. He let out a surprise scream, making Eunji chuckle.

 

« What is that ? »

 

« Lightflash. We use it as ringtone. Want to see ? » She played for him the flashlight, he was totally dazzled.

 

You don't have a sound ringtone ? » He said unsure if he could ask that.

 

She shrugged. « I should have some but well, I prefer the lightflash. At home I usually don't wear my aids. »

 

*

The next day, it was sports time. Eunji looked at YongGuk run as fast as possible with his long legs. He seemed athletic and the envious glare that the other boys sent to him didn't lie on this point. His time was so great. She looked at him drink his water bottle. Handsome.

 

« Girls now !! Jung Eunji your turn ! »

 

Eunji stood up and prep herself for running across the field. She looked at the person raise his hand and started to run.

« I didn't say Go, comeback here Eunji !! »

 

She was hearing people laughing and gulped. She was used to the raising hand and go, but here it seemed different. She went back to the start all red and looked at the teacher.

 

« When I say GO you start to run okay ? »

 

Eunji nodded and looked at him say the go but stayed still even after.

 

« I SAID GO !!!  RUN !!! » He shouted before she started to run.

 

'I'm making a fool of myself. Once again.'  She thought running. She ran the fatest she could and arrived back next to him. She was out of breath.

 

He looked at her time and raised an eyebrow. « Good for a newbie. »

 

Eunji widened her eyes and went back to sit. She hoped that nobody will joke on her mistake. Please no. She sat far from the class taking back her breath.

« Hey, you run so fast !!! » YongGuk said.

 

She turned herself and looked at him smile to her, he invited himself to sit next to her. She blushed.

 

« Hmm, I made a fool of myself, right ? » She asked with a little voice.

 

He chuckled. « No. »

 

She gave him a glare, causing him to smile nervously « Okay, they laughed but once you ran they shut their mouth. »

 

She nodded. He looked at her, she seemed worried. He poked her shoulder. « I thought that it was really cute of you. »

 

« What ? »

 

« You were cute. » He repeated himself. She blushed and looked at him with his wide smile saying that.

 

« I'm going to refresh myself. » She said before leaving him alone. Yong Guk giggled to himself looking at her leave in a hurry.

 

« Cute. »

*

 

Eunji back to the afternoon class sat on her seat and at the break opened a book, like YongGuk. They smiled to each others before digging in their read.

 

« Oh the readers of the class. You're both so calm. ! » One of her classmate noticed, making Eunji laugh.

 

Jihyun looked at both of them. YongGuk really looked like his twin. She looked away. She missed YongJoon and she had a plan to at least see him tonight.

 

«  We're doing a karaoke tonight with the class. Want to join ? »

 

« Oh hmm well. » Eunji looked unsure of what to do. Should she go ? She never went to such places. Yong Guk looked at her drown trying to say no.

 

«What about Yong Guk ? Both of you come it'd be so fun !!! You are always in your own world !! »

 

Eunji nodded in defeat. « Why not ? »

 

The girl clapped in her hands and tapped Eunji shoulder. « Yong Guk knows what karaoke we're talking about. Just come together at 7PM. »

 

Yong Guk looked at Eunji lost in her thoughts during classes. She didn't remove her hearing aids yet she was somewhere else. She sighed a lot of times and when the class was dismissed she took the longest time to pack her thing.

 

« You don't want to come ? »

 

« Huh ? »

 

« Well, it's my first time. »

 

He nodded and ruffled her hair. « It'd be fine. It's actually fun. »

 

Jihyun suddenly came back in the room. « YongGuk, hmm I wanted to ask... Maybe you ccould bring over your brother, it's been a while ... »

 

He sighed, trying to not look pissed. « Hyung is in a boarding school, he can't really go out on week days. » 

 

« Oh. » The girl said. She was obviously deceived. She bowed and went away, making Eunji curious.

 

« You have an older brother ? »

 

« Huh. Jihyun is his ex girlfriend. »

 

« Okay. Was he in the school ? »

 

« Huh for a while in the first year of high school. He got accepted in a sports school. »

Eunji nodded. YongGuk feared more questions on his famous hyung, but Eunji changed subject right away.

 

« What do you plan to sing? »

 

He was gladly surprised and told her that he had no idea.

 

She took her bus and waved Yong Guk good bye. Arrived at home, she put on some boyfriend jeans and a sweat. However she put on some lip tint. She knew that those girls would come with full make up on, so didn't want to look dull.

 

She had to find Yong Guk in front of a shopping mall and walked in front. She found him wearing all black waiting for her.

 

He chuckled seeing her. « I knew you weren't the girly type. »

She gave him a fake glare before poking his shoulder,making him laugh, showing his gummy smile.

 

« You look like a terrorist in those black clothes. »

 

He shook his head, with a smile. « Ready ? »

 

They entered and the party was already started. The class president was singing making everyone laugh. Then everyone sang in turn, duet, girl group song and such. Eunji loved how diverse the whole thing was. American songs and everything. She laughed along the others when voices cracked. It was the first time she goes out with her classmates and was happy to see that they were fun outside of school.

When it was Yong Guk turn, she laughed so much seeing him sing Let It Go. He sang it with a serious voice yet everyone was laughing.

 

He had a beautiful voice, in addition to his perfect face and ability in everything he does. Eunji stared at him while he was singing. His voice was so charming. She thanked god that she was able to witness and hear  that properly. When he stopped to sing she clapped for him and he sat next to her with a slight blush. "Hidden singer." She  whispered to him, making him blush even more.

 

« Now, it's Eunji turn !!! »

 

« Yeah !!!! Eunji !!! »

 

People started to cheer her name and she bite her lips. « It you don't want to it's not that bad." YongGuk told her.

 

She shook her head and stood up. She chose one song that she heard on the radio. « Don't expect a lot thought. »

 


Second chapter posted !! Enjoy !