Eager

Reading your lips

Eunji looked at him gather his things in silence, this lovely week end was over. She lied back on the bed and YongGuk sighed.

 

'I Can't do this anymore.' He though to himself. Eunji became all silent and distant again. He lied on bed and hugged her tighly, annoying Eunji.

 

Stop that, I can't breath.”She expressed with an angry voice. He removed his arms, hearing that from her and looked at her get away from him.

 

She didn't run her fingers on his skin like usual, she didn't feel like it. Tomorrow, she'll be all alone once again  in this flat. He's been here enough for her to have a taste of him, but she feels greedy and wants him here longer. 

YongGuk looked at her back and kissed her shoulder. She didn't react, he didn't know if she enjoyed it or not. Eunji sensed his hesitation and at the second peck, she came to hide in his arms. She knew he had a hard time to sleep alone, and knowing that this will be the case for 4 months again, even if she was sad, as his girlfriend, she wanted , at least, to grant this wish of him. YongGuk sighed and ran his fingers in her hair, hoping that she knows his gratitude.

 

*

He waited for his father on the couch, hoping that his girlfriend will stay asleep. He had a poor sleep last night, he doesn't want to leave her again, she seems so eager to have him here. Soon, his father ringed and YongGuk opened the door before closing it behind himself. It was the early morning, a cold winter one that still looked like the middle of the night.

 

His father looked at him confused. How come you're not in uniform ?”

 

YongGuk took a deep breath. For Eunji, he had to do it.“I'm not going back today. I want more days here.”

 

His father had an unreadable expression. “And would you explain to me why I should allow  this ?”

 

YongGuk didn't want to explain this yet he had to. It was really the first time he faced his father this way.  “Because you owe it to me. You messed up my holidays. My two weeks vacation. I didn't get any excuse or compromise about it. I thought highly of you yet you didn't do anything about it. You should let me stay here longer.”

 

His father nodded, still in silence. YongGuk couldn't tell what he was thinking about. His father was a great mystery. “Okay. That's fine with me.”

 

What ? Really ?” YongGuk tried to not widen his eyes too much.

 

His father had a small smile. “I wanted to see if you would speak up. You did so ... see you in two weeks.”

 

YongGuk looked at the man leave with wise steps, following him. He  walked him to his car in silence. “Thanks Dad.”

 

His father did an handwave and left. YongGuk ran the stairs, hoping that Eunji was still asleep. He entered back the flat and nothing changed in the living room. He entered back the bedroom to find it empty. He panicked.

 

Eunji ?”

 

He heard muffled sobbs in the bathroom and opened further the door. His girfriend was in the bathtub, all dressed, just hiding in there. Her face was red as she was crying. She wiped her tears with her hand and soon noticed YongGuk.

 

How come you're not gone ?” She said with a trembling voice.

 

I asked for two weeks more.” YongGuk signed. Eunji stopped to do any noise and looked at him in suspicion. He sighed and joined her in the bathtub,, he wiped her tears and nose with the towel. She hugged him tighly and pulled away so YongGuk could sign what was happening, keeping her arms around his neck. She looked at him explain what he've done and stayed silent for a while, digesting the news.

 

You won't get in trouble, right ?” She asked, she needed to be sure about that.

 

YongGuk shook his head and she nodded, she stopped to cry yet she was still shaking. “Okay It's important for me. Not loving her red and puffy face from crying, he lifted her all of sudden and spinned around until she gets dizzy.

"YongGuk, I'm begging you. Stop it. Do you want me to throw up ?" She shouted, i disbelief of what he was doing. He stopped himself, with a silly grin. He was holding Eunji princess style like and was enjoying her slight vexed eyes towards him.

"Put me on the floor." She requested to him, making him shake his head with a gummy smile. She rolled her eyes. "Okay, don't if you don't want to. You're in a great mood and I love that."

YongGuk pecked her lips before heading to the bed and dropping her on it and lie next to her.

What time is it ? I just saw the empty bed and I got emotional.” She said aloud.

 

It's not even 6.” YongGuk said, showing his phone screen to her. He enjoyed the slight blush when she noticed the screenphoto, it was a photo from the time she tried on his soldier uniform. This photo was memorable. Eunji was excited about trying his uniform and like a five year old child, she forced him to remove it and put it on herself.

On the photo, she's doing the soldier salute pose with  a warm smile. Being the small bean she is, the uniform was way too big for her. The sleeves were so long that it hided her hands, the helmet almost hided her eyes and the pants were so baggy on her that YongGuk had the laugh of his life seeing her. She was like the kids stealing their parents clothes to put it on.

 

Eunji looked away and thought for a while. “I only have class at 11.”

 

She rolled on YongGuk and kissed his chest. “Now you're stuck with me for two weeks.”

 

I wish it was two hundreds years.” Eunji only laughed at his cheesy remark and YongGuk in a talkative mood started to talk to her about his military life. At first if he could hear laughs and got nodds from her, he looked at her fall asleep with amused eyes. He stopped to sign and she suddenly grabbed his hand.

 

When I'll wake up you'll be here for sure, won't you ?”

 

He kissed her and signed a big yes on her skin. She smiled and let herself drown in sleep. He followed her not long after. Like always, YongGuk woke up the first. Eunji was indeed a good sleeper. She was breathing peacefully and having her hands around his waist, he had no choice but just stay there. Soon, with her  buzzing phone, she woke up, still groggy from her smile.

 

I have class in half an hour.” She revealed. YongGuk shrugged. “Okay let's get ready then.”

Eunji looked at him with an unreadable expression. “Okay.”

This year, this was the first time he would go with her. Her teachers changed, as her classmates. The lecture was a free one, always full of people so sneaking in with YongGuk was never the problem.

 

They arrived early in the classroom and YongGuk took all her things. “You can sleep if you want. I'll take your notes.” He signed. She smiled to him and he intented to open her notebook. “Ahh I really miss school.”

 

What ? School ? You're so pitiful.” Eunji said. He laughed. “School is great, you get to sit all day.” He said, with a pout, she nodded and soon the lecture started.

 

YongGuk was taking notes seriously, while Eunji was resting her head on her left hand, admiring him while he was writing. They were going to eat after the first lecture.

Eunji was sat at a table with both of the trails, waiting for YongGuk. Vianna arrived and slapped Eunji back, earning a scream from the girl before sitting in front of her. Eunji shared a quick paced conversation with her.

"Go away. My boyfriend in here. This happens once in a while. Please let us have lunch alone."

Vianna quickly agreed and just greeted YongGuk. "Oh, whaoh, you got muscular."

"Yah, don't seduce my boyfriend !!" Eunji groaned, making YongGuk ruffle her hair fondly.

"No way, he's not my style. Too sweet, I love bad boy type." Vianna explained before sitting on the table, in Eunji incomprehension."Okay so leave us alone now."

Vianna had a wry smile to Eunji before asking to YongGuk: "You must have a lot of sunbaes and hoobaes right ? In this large amount of people, there must be a number for me, right ?"

Eunji showed a disgusted face while YongGuk laughed. "I'll check that and text Eunji if I can grab you a date."

Vianna widened her eyes in disbelief and clapped in her hands. "Great !"

"Now leave." Eunji said, annoyed. Vianna smiled brightly and went away quickly.

"Sorry she can be bothersome when she wants to." Eunji explained, and YongGuk shrugged it off. He knows that Vianna just loves to tease Eunji.

Eunji and him chitchatted while doing small changes in their plates. Eunji removed the prickles from her plate to give it to YongGuk. On his side, he gave her his dessert because he disliked chocolate. It was a funny scene, with hands moving around, signing, passing food and touching or slapping each others when Eunji tried to steal mushrooms from YongGuk plate.

 

They finished the day of class and YongGuk saw how Eunji implied herself in her studies. A double major in medicine and ingenery. She wanted to be the next innovator in medicine. YongGuk loved that project. He read next to her while she was studying on the afternoon and then looked at Eunji close slowly her eyes. He poked her cheek. “Don't sleep.”

 

It's hard. It's so cosy. I really feel like sleeping. But I have to study okay ? Wake me up okay ?”

 

YongGuk nodded before going outside. He came back with a bottle of water, a soft drink and chips. Eunji laughed and squeezed his hand. She was awake again thanks to his attention. She was reading her biology book, eating her chips when she suddenly raised her eyes on him.

 

I love having you around.” She stated with a little smile, before stuffing with chips. The young man in front of her didn't have any choice but laugh, to hide his embarrasement.

 

“Is that a confession ?” He asked.

 

No, it's been a long time I confessed. This is a reminder I guess.” Eunji said before going back to her book. He squeezed her hand under the table and she looked back at him.

 

Let's go. Let's just study at home.” YongGuk signed, with a pout.

 

Eunji laughed. “Studying ?”

 

He nodded. She shook lightly her head and looked with laziness her numerous books and papers on the table. YongGuk took time to close each of them and order her papers. Arrived home, he let her study. She might have a lot to do, so he just let her do what she wants. He was watching TV next to her. Just enjoying having her around him. He was glacing at her between the intensive advertising sessions and stupid reality show he was mindlessly watching.

 

He fell asleep, with the background sound of the loud TV and Eunji turning around pages. The deaf girl refrain a laugh seeing him asleep in front of the TV and just turned it off so he could rest properly. She's quite sure yesterday he must had a poor sleep. She  just studied next to him. When she had enough of it; she moved to the kitchen.

 

She prepared the meal of tonight and,as always, was making loud noises. Fridge let open beeping, cutting meals and boiling stuffs, rice cooking.

Soon, YongGuk arrived with his sleepy eyelids and hugged her from the back. “Gosh, you're so noisy.” He sighed before closing the fridge, turning off the crazy voice of the rice cooker.

 

She only laughed. He shook his head seeing that and kissed her neck. “You cooked ?”

 

Yeah.” She answered with a huge smile, she really improved when he wasn't here and it will be the first time he  tastes one of her more fancy meals. He nodded with an unreadable expression. “Oh."

 

What's with this “oh” I feed you, you should be thanksful !!” Eunji answered, vexed.

 

He nodded playful and she just rolled her eyes. Onnce YongGuk tasted her food, he got amazed. “Whoah that's really delicious.”

 

Eunji nodded. “Yeah.”

YongGuk looked at her put her chair closer to his and laughed. They shared a good kiss, with a jimmdak taste. Eunji smiled lovingly to him and hugged him.

 

Let's escape and never come back again.” She said after the warm hug.

 

YongGuk gave her a funny look, almost rolling his eyes. She slapped his arm not-that-gently, in disbelief. Where is her loving boyfriend ? “You're not romantic !!”

 

You have classes to attend. I'm not done with army either. We can wait until I finish army and we could take some time to travel.” He signed, looking her expression change, from angry eyes to  curious glittering ones.

 

Really ?”

He nodded.

 

I love that !!” Eunji almost shouted before pecking his lips. YongGuk looked at her with a sweet smile. She clapped her hand. “I'll save money and will work at dad's to have a part-time job.”