Drunk

Reading your lips

Eunji waited on the couch of their flat for her boyfriend to come back.

The door was wide open and she rushed there. “EUNJI !!”YongGuk screamed.

 

YongGuk hugged her strongly and suddenly, she noticed his strong smell of alcohol. She looked at YongJoon with black eyes. Since two years ago, there were tension between those two. YongJoon thought that Eunji was a burden for YongGuk and would get jealous of his twin spending too much time with her. Eunji will receive his angry glare when YongGuk wasn't looking at him. She didn't want to start fighting with YongJoon because she knows, he is a precious person to YongGuk, but sometimes she wished he didn't monopolize YongGuk like he does, for the only reason he can't stand her.

 

“Sorry, he got drunk.” YongJoon said.

Eunji nodded, resisting her desire to ask him why he didn't prevent that. " Thanks for bringing him back."

 

Eunji looked at YongGuk still talking. She sighed. It was the first time he ever got drunk. His cheeks were tainted with pink and he was sporting a big smile. He started to mumble :

 

“ Why are you okay with me going clubbing ? I didn't want to gooooo and yet you forced me. You're evil !! Do you think I wanted to go there when I can have you all by myself at home. I really wanted to spend time with you.”

 

Eunji just smiled, making Yongnam surprised. “You must be so tired, huh ? Let's have a good night of sleep.”

 

YongGuk groaned  “Okay. But I want you to be next to me. In two weeks, I'll have to do without you. Do you even know how much I will miss you ? You're like the little plushie that makes me sleep Jung Eunji.”

 

“Ahh did you forget I'm deaf by any chance ? I can't hear you !.” Eunji said laughing. YongGuk gasped a minute and stayed still for few seconds, before signing messily to her.. Eunji giggled, seeing that YongGuk was drunkly signing, yet her smile disappeared understanding YongGuk rant.  Eunji tried to compose herself in front of his Hyung and  lead him to the bedroom and he fell on the bed, already closing his eyes.

Eunji went back to YongJoon side  and looking at his annoyed face, she realized he must be exhausted too. His flat was a few blocks away and it was already late.

“Maybe you're tired too ? Do you want to share his bed ? Or the couch ?” She asked to him with a gentle tone, surprising YongJoon. He didn't expect her to behave like this with him.

 

Yongjoon was hesitant and was going to answer when his brother shouted from the bedroom.  “Eunji where are you ? Come here right now to cuddle !!!”

He laughed instead of answering, making Eunji confused, but seeing him eyeing his twin lied on the bed, the young girl understood that YongGuk shouted something. “I'm fine, I can go back home. He might throw up in the night you're okay with that ?”


Eunji half-smiled. His lips were moving way too fast, nothing like YongGuk that talks slowly and let her time to catch the worlds. YongJoon understood with her expression that she didn't get it.

“Throw up ?” YongJoon said before imitated someone throwing up making Eunji laugh shortly. YongGuk came back into the living room and pushed his Hyung outside the flat.

 

“Hyung, Let us alone, will you ? You're bothering my cuddling time with my girlfriend.” YongGuk said with a mildly annoyed face.

 

YongJoon had a scoff and waved goodbye to them, resisting his desire to take a video of his twin being drunk. YongGuk closed the door and grabbed Eunji's hand, before walking to the bedroom.

 

“Let's sleep now that you are here.” Yongguk expressed.

 

Eunji looked at him stumble to the bed and fell on it. She felt that she wanted to be amused by drunk YongGuk. She asked him a question.

 

“Do you love me ?” She signed to him.

 

The young man opened his eyes and nodded with vigor. He concentrated himself and signed carefully, paying attention to his gesture.

“Obviously.  I'm going to miss you so much during my military service. With who will I cuddle with at night huh ? I will wake up without you. Without your hair in my face. Without the beeping sound of the fridge you didn't close. Of the TV you didn't turn off. Without your cute puffy morning face. I don't know how ...”

 

Eunji looked at his shaking hands and grabbed them. She rested his head on her chest. “Don't cry okay ? Everything will be okay, YongGuk. I'm sorry to have asked you this question. Sleep tigh, when you'll be up, I'll be here so you can sleep at peace.”

 

YongGuk nodded, with tears in his eyes, hiding his face against her shirt.She ran her hand in his hair that he recently shaved. She missed his soft mid length hair so soft that she will always get upset on the fact that he didn't take care of his hair and still had those shiny and healthy hair.

 

She fell asleep after making sure he was too. Three hours after, she had the bad surprise to wake up, because the light was turn on. She was very bad with light, woke up instantly. She went to check where her drunk boyfriend wad and realized that YongGuk was in the bathroom. She opened further the door, and witnessed him throwing up.

 

“Oh my God, YongGuk are you okay ?”

 

He didn't have time to answer that he threw up again in the toilets. Eunji went into the kitchen to take him some painkillers and water. When she got back in the room, his head was resting on the toilet.

 

“Are you over, Sweetie ?” She asked gently, patting his back. He nodded weakly and she helped him to sit on the floor properly while she flushed the toilets. Then, she made him rince his mouth and brush his teeth again. He drank the water with painkiller. She took time to wipe his face and grabbing him by the waist, she made her way back to the bed. Eunji looked at him go back to sleep very quickly and was amused to see YongGuk this way.

He despited alcohol and never drank any before tonight.

 

And then his brother invited him to go clubbing with him.

 

*

Two days before

“Why won't you go it can be so fun !!” Eunji said encouraging. She looked at YongGuk shooking his head with energy and frowned. “Your brother will feel rejected.”

 

He sighed. “Would you come with us ?”

 

Eunji had a laugh. “YongGuk, please, no I won't. My dad will kill me if he knew. I know I'm not wearing my hearing aids but we never know.”

 

“If you don't go, I'm not going either.” YongGuk said, stubborn.

 

“Sweetie, go and have fun, okay . It's just one night , right ? You're twenty now and you never went clubbing. You should test and if you don't love it, you can always grabb metro and come back.”

 

YongGuk sighed. Her way to say things always make things look better. He couldn't understand how she didn't get his hidden purpose under this. Two weeks before enlistment. He wanted to spend the more time possible next to her and not go clubbing with his brother that he will stand for a year and a half from nowon a boat, sharing the same room. But he couldn't picture himself say that to Eunji; she looked so positive about everything. It was no big deal for her. He was wondering how she was doing, being this easy going when he's going to leave soon. He was almost going crazy. After two years living together, he got used to having her around. Cheering her up and having her as mental support. As his late night revisions. As his comforting pillow and company.

For YongGul it was a whole new experience to live with only one person, not his whole family. With a deaf person plus. It was true, she was noisy. But it was her way of being and he just learned to love it. The few times he was home without her, the flat felt so empty, so liveless.

 

*

 

When he woke up the next day, YongGuk was alone in bed, with a medium headache. He stood up and headed to the kitchen. Eunji was cooking something.

 

“Oh my handsome man is awake. Headache ? Stomachache ?” She asked.

 

He shook his head and ate the soup she gave her obediently. Suddenly he had flashbacks of the previous night and blushed really hard.

 

“It can't be true.” YongGuk whispered.

 

"Yes, yesterday night you were quite ... a beast..." Eunji said, putting her hands on her cheeks and looking down. For her little joke to work, she must not look at his eyes, but she could imagine his priceless expression, jaw litteraly dropping. She waited a little bit before giggling and going back to her soup.

"Wait I just slept last night." YongGuk said aloud. He poked her head before signing that to her.She laughed and hugged him. "Tell me what's life without teasing you."

 

Eunji looked at him narrow his eyes, he was vexed yet still she could see the blush in his face because of embarassement. He hided his head on her shoulder. He hugged her tigher and she patted his back lovingly, despite the strong alcohol smell.

 

“You do remember. I thought you would have a blackout.”

 

He hided his head in his hands, making her chuckle. “Don't be ashamed. You were quite a cutie pie.”

 

He raised his head violently. “Eunji, I threw up.”

 

She shrugged. “All drunk people basically do that after drinking a lot. I did. ”

 

YongGuk looked at the lady sat in front of him right now and imagined Eunji as the girl she described sometimes. The one that went to parties. The girl that would drink despite being minor and stays all night out of home. That threw up after. He did not had the chance to meet this rebellious teenager but somehow he was sure this part of her life was sadder than she was likely to say about it.

 

“You should have told me.” She suddenly said.

 

YongGuk looked at her with confused eyes. She gave him an insisting look and he gave her an annoyed look. She blushed from his behavior and cleared .

 

“You should have told me that the reason why you didn't want to go clubbing was to spend more time with me. I wouldn't have nagg you to go.”

 

“It looked like you really wanted me to go. So I just went.” YongGuk explained.

 

Eunji gasped a little and answered right away : “I do care. I don't want your bro-, hmm people in general to think I'm holding you back. I thought you felt uncomfortable going because I can't go and I know you're my boyfriend but you're not deaf, you can go to concerts and clubs and everything you want actually. You don't have to live like me.”

 

“Eunji.” YongGuk said in a sigh. He went to hug her and kissed her forehead. “You little ball of worries. I feel we got over that awkward period. I already went to concerts with Daehyun and I don't like clubs. I know I don't have to live like you but you're my girlfriend. I'm going to go military service, I wanted to enjoy peaceful days with you. No clubbing. It was really boring, the reason I started to drink. My brother wanted me to stay until he was bored so I spent my time like this. No go to club, stay with you."

Eunji nodded and hugged him tigher before pulling away. "YongGuk you stink. Go and take a shower please !!"

He grinned evily. "Just a kiss and I'm gone."

Eunji frowned at this greasy sentence and he widened his eyes. "I know if it was you, I would have already kiss you. French kiss type plus."

She looked at him pout and felt sorry for him. " I'm more sensitive to smell and light, so I have a better nose than you. You do know that. Plus a shower isn't that long."

He nodded in defeat, before pecking her cheek earning a groan from her.  Going to the bathroom, he heard her whine and chuckled to himself. Except the alcohol, this is how he loves to wake up, with Eunji.

 

 


 

 

Gosh, so much happened between chapter 20 and this one. I feel that the whole world changed, if you know what I mean.

B.A.P Comeback. Gosh it's perfect. I can feel YongGuk touch and presence everywhere. It's such a great title song, I'm going buy the album because it is really meaningful to me.

 

Concerning YongGuk, I felt really depressed about it. Each time I think about his sacrifices, his carrier, his problems and health, I get sad. YongGuk is a great  producer and a marvellous human being. I saw a lot of people commenting how they want YongGuk to heal well. The thing is that panic/anxiety disorder is a thing you have to live with. It never goes away. Sure, this rest will benefit him.

But at the end, does it mean that after the end of Skydive promotion, he will go back to his old life ? Is he even resting ? Is he even eating properly ? He is so skinny ... I really hope so, he gave so much of his person to produce this album and deserves a ing rest and recognization. He was so joyful in B.A.P in Hawaii but learning the news I couldn't bear watching him here too. I can't stand seeing B.A.P without their leader. And I would have kill TS myself if he took part in these promotions. I just want him to rest well and stay away from his idol life for a while. Stay healthy, our Gukkie.

 

TS should also give a rest to B.A.P after end of the year activities, all of them are tired.