Better together

Reading your lips

Eunji don't know how she rolled on YongGuk and how they ended up kissing on the bed. She asked for air and blushed seeing this. They were close.YongGuk stopped the thing to go further with turning the heated kiss into a hug. She breathed in and soon YongGuk saw her phone flashlight.

He handed her phone and she took it to read her message. Eunji smiled widely and stood up. «MOM »

YongGuk looked at her close her books and packed some of them. He looked at her brushing quickly her hair with her fingers and she pecked his lips for goodbye.

« Listen. I have to see her right away, it's been months that we didn't see each other and she's finally back !! »

 

« See you on Monday ! » He said with a charming smile. Eunji nodded and left for her house running in the stairs.

 

*

 

« Eunji !! »

 

« EUNJI !!!! » The teacher shouted, YongGuk poked her and gained a weak answer. She bowed to the teacher that scolded her. «Pay attention please. »

 

YongGuk was confused when he saw Eunji on Monday. She was lost in her thoughts. He thought that she catched up with her mom but it wasn't happening in fact. He was really worried about her yet she would shrugg it off. They spent the whole week just holding hands, having lessons until late at night .

 

Eunji grabbed his hand on the way out of school. « What if we do a lesson tonight ? »

 

YongGuk was surprised by her request, a lesson even on friday night ? « Do you want to escape home that much ? »

 

She blushed and nodded. « It's a little bit complicated. »

 

He complied to her request and they kept with the daily lessons with two long hours. He easily guessed that Eunji just wanted to escape home so they just did random stuffs. Studying for a bit, watching movies and then cuddling. Suddenly when YongGuk was lifting her to put her on his lap, he stopped himself.

 

He put her back on the chair and smiled. « I think my Mom is back. Our little kissing session is over, babe. »

 

« Don't babe me. » Eunji answered, covering his lips with her hand. YongGuk smoothed out her bang and soon, they got back to studying. The door got wide open and Eunji looked with fear a woman stare at her with a smile.

 

« Oh gosh finally. I meet the famous Eunji. » YongGuk Mom said, taking steps towards the girl.

Eunji stood up and bowed politely.«  Jung Eunji. »

 

« Oh gosh, Joonie is true about how cute she is. » His mom said, making YongGuk and Eunji look at each others in confusion. She hugged Eunji warmly, and Eunji,stiff a few seconds, patted her back. YongGuk looked at this with surprise, Eunji was indeed someone that loved skinship. His mom smiled and after the hug, grabbed her shoulders.

 

« You stay for dinner, right ? It's already late but if I ask Joonie and Sasha it should go quickly. » She smiled and looked at the books on the floor.

 

« Are you studying together ? »

 

« Yes Madam. » Eunji said, while his mom took one book and looked surprised at the subject.

 

« Sign langague. Is YongGuk a good student ? »

 

Eunji nodded. « It's only been one week but he's pretty good at it. »

 

« As always, a good student everywhere. » His mom bragged, making him blush. She chuckled seeing that and left the room.

 

Eunji looked at YongGuk and said : « You're not going to make you think that this tiny young woman is your mother ? »

 

He laughed and thanked god that she lightened the atmosphere. « She is. »

 

Eunji sighed. « I really admirs her. It must have been tough. » With a absent man, a job and three children to raise, this tiny woman deserved respect.

 

« I was a quiet child. » YongGuk revealed, making Eunji smile warmly. « I didn't doubt this. »

 

« In fact I didn't talk until I was six. Eveyone thought that I was mute. This worried her a lot. » The young male said quietly, while playing with the fingers of his girlfriend. Does this make him a weirdo ?

 

Eunji widened her eyes. « Oh. That's a revelation. Even if you're still not talkative nowadays. » She said amused.

 

He laughed. « Sure. »

 

« And your brother ? Was he mute too ? » Eunji asked curious.

 

YongGuk shook his head. « YongJoon was ... my translator. He talked for both of us. I would look at him with a certain expression and he knew right away what I was thinking. »

 

Eunji was sure blown away by this news. « Wow. You were this close ? »

 

YongGuk laughed. « Always. I told you we were 'the twins'. »

 

Eunji was trying to assimilate this information. She looked at YongGuk, if he was mute, he could have been in her school. She could have  met him ages ago. Would they be friends ? lovers ? She shrugged away those thoughts, happy enough to have met him this year.

« It's weird. For me you're a single individual, it's weird to think that you're the part of a pairing. »

 

YongGuk was gladly surprised by her answer. « That's nice to hear. »

 

Eunji smiled. « I know you sometimes suffers from all of this, but it seems great to have brothers and sisters. »

 

YongGuk nodded,  Eunji was indeed a single child. She sure doesn't know the joys and displeasures than a large family have. She was gently running her fingers on his arm.  « Tell me something really nice he've done for you. »

 

YongGuk looked at her cuddle agianst him and with his fingertip touched her nose. « I was afraid of thunder. So when we were little he would always sing me a song. »

 

« Not sleeping with you ? » The young girl asked curious.

 

YongGuk chuckled. « We shared the same bed at this time. »

 

She nodded, in a awe. « That's cool. » She said, grabbing his waist. This was indeed something lovely to do for your younger brother. He looked at her deep in her reflexions and kissed her cheek.

 

« You had nobody to comfort you in thunder nights ? » He asked, teasing.

 

Eunji had a poker face. « YongGuk. I don't even hear thunder. »

 

He laughed, now used to her humor. « That's right. You must really have peaceful nights.»

 

She nodded. « I do. »

 

*

« Call your brother and his girlfriend to eat okay ? » The mon said to YongJoon. He nodded before taking the stairs and knock on the door. He opened the door and found Eunji in YongGuk's arm on the bed. He grinned.

 

« Time to eat and stop snuggling.»

 

YongGuk nodded and stood up. Eunji looked at him share a look with his twin. She wondered if this thig he did when he didn't talk still work. Twin magic. She followed them i the kitchen.

Eunji found the girls drinking beers in the kitchen, making the boys frown.

 

« Mom, why are you drinking with Noona ? » YongJoon asked, annoyed. Yongguk and Eunji sat in front of each others.

 

« Oh to relax. It's the weekend.It won't kill me. » Their mom said, with a wink to Eunji. Sasha laughed and took a sip of hers. She opened the window. « Dad is not there relax guys. »

 

They groaned and the mom clapped in her hand. « Let me serve you Eunji. »

 

She took a joy to fulfill Eunji plates. Eunji found this good, not like her dad cooking but still very good.  « So Eunji, YongGuk told me that you're hard of hearing, that's right ? »

 

Eveyone looked at their mom in disbelief and then at Eunji. She nodded with a smile.

 

« How did the whole thing happen ? An accident ? » YongGuk wanted to shut his mom but looked at her ask this question as if she didn't just met the girl a few minutes ago.

 

Eunji shook her head. « A classical progressive ear loss. »

 

«I hope your parents were supportive of you. That's not an easy situation. » His mom said wisely.

Eunji nodded. « Of course they did. Dad took accelerated sign langage class so I won't be alone. »

 

Her mother nodded. « What does he do ? »

 

« He's a Chief.  »

YongGuk Mom kept pestering her with her dad, trying to guess which restaurant he was running. She finally found out. « Ohhhh that classy restuarant. Whaouh, you might eat very well at home.  And your mom too ; Does she work ? »

 

Eunji nodded. « A lot. She's a musical actress. »

 

YongGuk Mom nodded. « Who is she ? Maybe I know her. »

 

« Kim Soo Hyu. » Eunji said quietly, before hearing YongGuk mom choke on her food. « What Kim Soo Hyu. Like the diva Kim Soo Hyu ?  »

 

« Whoah. » Ssasha said, looking at Eunji. This woman was a real artist in the word of musicals.

 

YongGuk widened his eyes. « I didn't know that. »

 

« You didn't ask. » Eunji simply said. He nodded, sure she was secretive. He looked at her and guessed that she didn't want to brag or anything.

 

Soon Eunji got a phone call.She stood up, excusing herself and went in the living room. « Mom. »

 

« Where are you ?! It's late. »  The famous Kim Soo Hyu shouted. Eunji sighed.

 

« I told dad that I would be eating at YongGuk's. »

 

« But you didn't told me, and he didn't told me. Nobody tell me anythig !!! I'm left alone at home !!" She said, whining.

 

« Well,sorry. » Eunji said, making sure that she come back as soon as she can.

 

« Who was it ? » YongGuk asked when she came back. « Mom. She didn't get the message that I would eat there tonight. »

 

« Oh, YongGuk make sure to walk Eunji home okay ? Not too late or her mom don't get worried again. »

 

He nodded and they ended the dinner not long after that. Eunji wanted to help with the dishes but YongGuk mom shook her head. She pushed them upstairs and they packed her things. YongGuk looked at Eunji check carefully the books he owned now.

 

« It's funny to see them here. I still remember when they were mine. »

 

YongGuk mom looked at YongGuk and Eunji leave in the street, the young girl resting her head on his arm while he was holding her waist. She smiled, they were so cute together. She always had a soft spot for him among the three of her children. First because he was mute, and this almost made her crazy. She had already gave up hope when he started to speak. Then, because she could clearly sense the comparison YongGuk always did between him and his brother. She would always feel bad about it when this happened.

 

But when she looked at her son walk with this girl, she felt relieved. He was doing well. Her once shy and lonely boy was doing well.

 


Enjoy !! I got so happy to see comments that I got all pumped up to update tonight ~~