Hold Me Tight

Red Doored Residents
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Notes:

Shoutout to @vankookachu for reaching out to me about this fic~ I’d lost hope for it but she asked me to update so sweetly, I just HAD to update.

 

The moment the cell phone drops from Seokjin’s hands everyone just knows. Like it’s the most obvious thing in the world. They just know it’s Jimin. Something is wrong again. Huddled around the all set table, laden with untouched food, Seokjin eyes every single one of his friend with trembling lips. The owl that hoots the beginning of midnight sounds more ominous than it should. 

 

“What is it  this time?” Hoseok is the one who breaks the silence. His tone icy, accusing. Lips held his teeth, anger apparent in dark brooding eyes. “Why does this always have to happen? Why us!?”

 

The outburst is as unexpected as the silent agreement of the others. Seokjin stares shell-shocked at the way Namjoon scoffs, crossing his arms over his chest and sighs in disapproval. How Yoongi bites his lips and bows his head, frowning at Hoseok’s words but never speaking up to shut him off like he would’ve in the past. How Taehyung whimpers quietly under his breath before letting the mask of nonchalance cover his face once again. Much like it always has.

 

“Jimin is at the police station.” Seokjin quietly mutters under his breath, pulling closer to his side. Shrinking away from the other three as they stand judging him. Taehyung standing on the side, looking unsure of what to do.

 

After what feels like aeons but couldn’t have been mere seconds, Taehyun speaks. “What are we all waiting for then?” Voice mature and confident. So unlike the scared boy, Seokjin remembers. He turns to Hoseok, Yoongi and Namjoon and raises his eyebrows at the trio. “Let’s go! Why are we all just standing around then!?” He then turns to Jungkook with a soft but serious look in his eyes as he demands, “put your jacket on, Kookie. We need to get going. Now!”

 

At that, Seokjin finally moves. He’s in the middle of putting his own jacket when Hoseok, once again, breaks their reverie. “I’m not going.”

 

It’s a simple statement. I’m not going. But the weight of it falls heavily over the six boys. 

 

Seokjin slowly turns to the boy. Anger residing in his eyes as he gawks, “what did you just say?”

 

“He said he’s not going” Namjoon provides from his left. He heaves a sigh when the glare that was being shot at Hoseok is directed towards him. Ignoring the eyes on his he proceeds to shrug on his own jacket and make his way to the shoe rack. When Seokjin’s eyes soften at his movements, he’s quick to shoot him down though. “And neither am I, Hyung.”

 

Taehyun is the one who growls out his inquiry. “What the is wrong with you two!?” He moves past Yoongi, who’s still staring at his feet with a frown stuck to his forehead. “It’s Jimin! You can’t just go!”

 

“Why are you two acting this way?” Jungkook whispers. He stares at the two elders and his face distorts into an ugly picture. Lips trembling, and eyes watery. “Why are you being this way?”

 

“Because I don’t want to have to explain to my parents why I was at the police station.” Comes Hoseok’s speedy, almost unapologetic reply. “My family isn’t the type of taking these things lightly. They won’t like it.”

 

“Jimin is your family too, Hobi.” Seokjin implores from where he’s standing. Anger, now replaced with despair in his eyes. “He’s our brother. And he needs us right now.”

 

Before Hoseok can respond, Yoongi is the one speaking. His voice, sounding hollow as he continues to stares at the ground. “Why is he there though?” His question hangs in the air like a death warrant.

 

Another eternity passes before Seokjin speaks, “t- they say…” Seokjin bites his tongue. Because not only are the others looking at him with an all too knowing look, Jungkook, too, is staring at him with desperation in his eyes. “They say they caught him with a couple of pounds of drugs… A- and they have intel that… he was most probably selling them.”

 

Jungkook watches the other’s expressions turn darker and confusion clouds his mind. “W- what does that mean?” He feels stupid to ask. But something tells him he ought to know.

 

Namjoon then turns to Taehyung, whose head is bowed almost shamefully, grabbing the boy by his shoulders. And with painful eyes, he mutters, “you still wanna go help him out? Be my guest. But I’m not risking my future trying to save his present.” Shoving his lightly Namjoon then turns away and speeds towards the door. Never turning back as he says, “not when I know he’s going to ruin it anyway.”

 

And with that, he’s gone. The absence of one person, feeling awfully like that of hundred. Hoseok then huffs a sigh, not guilty but maybe dispassionate, and speaks as he’s putting on his shoes. “If my parents found out, I don’t even know what they’d think. Already they don’t like me hanging out with you all.” Once he’s done he straightens his shirt and walks over to Jungkook, who’s staring at him with deer eyes. Imploring him to stay. He cards his finger through the boy’s hair as a sad smile takes over his lips, “I just can’t.”

 

He too walks away at that. Seokjin then turns to Yoongi, who’s looking right at him. And unexplainable expression in his eyes. “I can’t do this alone, Yoongi,” his voice comes out as a whisper. A cry for help. A final cry.

 

Yoongi stares at Seokjin. At Jungkook who has tears in his eyes. Confusion clouding his gaze. And suddenly Yoongi is struck with how much of a child the boy is. How he doesn’t even know what’s happening. How everything happening is only a nightmare for the boy. He looks at Taehyung, biting his lips but standing his ground. He hates how the boy has grown up so much. So mature. Sparing a glance at the Halloween decorations lining the walls, Yoongi gulps. 

 

He looks back at the three looking at him. “Let’s go.”

 

*****

 

The four boys standing opposite to Jimin. The said boy looks worse for wear behind the steel bars that separate them. Guilt apparent in his hooded eyes and bowed head. 

 

“You have half an hour,” the constable in charge of the station tells them and walks away to his workstation. Watching them still. 

 

As if frozen by a block of ice, no one moves. Simply staring at one another. Jungkook then breaks the silence as he moves towards the metal bars. Once he’s close enough, he beckons Jimin closer through the bars. When Jimin is close enough, he fumbles around in his pocket before pulling something pink out. Biting his lips as he tears open the packet, Seokjin can’t help but choke out a sob.

 

Obediently, Jimin brings his forehead closer to the bars and Jungkook pushes his hands through them to stick the bandage over the cut on the elder's forehead. Tears already streaming down his eyes, he slams his head against the metal separator. Whimpering as he mumbles under his breath. “I’m sorry. I’m so… so sorry.”

 

Jungkook gulps as he moves away. Tears in his eyes as he settles back into Seokjin’s side. 

 

“We’ll get you out of here,” Taehyung speaks from his side. Hands fisted. His mouth set into a firm line. “Just trust us.”

 

Jimin’s smile falters and with shaking pupils, the boy looks at his friend. Taehyung’s hands are fisted and his eyes shine with unbridled determination. Jimin forces a curve on his lips as he leans away from the bars and turns to his friend. “What exactly are you going to do, Tae? Nothing’s gonna work.”

 

Taehyung looks like he’s going to speak but Yoongi cuts him off. Wrapping his hand around Jimin’s on the bar, Yoongi looks Jimin straight in the eyes as he states, “we'll hire the best lawyers we can. We’ll try our best to get you out, Jiminie. Don’t worry about that.”

 

As if it hurts him to say it, Jimin frowns pained and rolls his head back, “no lawyer will be able to bail me out, Hyung.” The desperation in his voice lingers in the faces that stare at him. His lips wobble as he looks down at his bare feet, sniffling. “They have proof. Solid proof.”

 

Jungkook stares

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter