Chapter 7

It Leads To You

 

“Jimin lunch is ready come out already.” Tae shouted while setting the dishes on the table.

Jimin came out of his room drying his hair with a towel. “You didn’t make this right? Because you know, you are my best friend and I love you but you can’t cook to save your life.”

 “I am highly offended” Tae said making a face “but to answer your question, no I didn’t.”

At Jimin’s questioning look Tae continued. “Jin hyung sent it. All I did was reheat it. And don’t give me that look I know how to work an oven.” Tae huffed pointing his finger at Jimin’s raised eyebrows.

“Speaking of Jin hyung, did you tell him I am going to meet Jungkook today?” Jimin asked tasting the kimchi jjigae and immediately letting out a moan. “God! Hyung should teach me how to make this.”

“Yeah I told him when I called to thank him for the food.” Tae said not letting go of his spoon.

Jimin hummed.

Jimin could never forget that night when he was on a verge of having a full blown panic attack because he saw Jungkook and realized that he was real. Like real real. If it wasn’t for Jin and his calming personality Jimin would have reverted back to the sorry state he was in before the charm that suppressed his dreams.

****

“Hey! hey Jimin! Calm down! Yah! Park Jimin snap out of it for ’s sake.” Taehyung shouted right at Jimin’s ear shaking him.

“What’s wrong with you? I am a living being and not a bag of flour. You absolutely cannot manhandle me like that, I have rights.” Jimin complained snapping out of whatever daze he has been in before.

“Well the way you were so fixated on the mirror you might as well be.” Tae pouted

“Oh I am sorry for being shocked because my eyes suddenly decided to turn to this absolutely unnatural colour out of nowhere and I have no freaking idea why and I…”

“They are back to brown.” Tae cut off Jimin in the mid of his-steadily rising in pitch-rant.

“….don’t like the way…..wait what? They are back to brown?” Jimin turned back to the mirror to check his eyes out again which were back to natural calming brown. Jimin sighed in relief.

Thank God. Ahh brown is such a warming colour. He thought.

“Feeling Better?” Tae asked trying but failing to hide the smile that was spreading on his face.

“Marginally.” Jimin replied side eyeing his friend. “Why do you sound so amused?”

“It’s funny to see you freaking out for a change. Entertaining. Besides, the way your voice was rising in pitch was cute.” Tae laughed.

“I am not cute.” Jimin said making a face.

Why does everyone call me cute? I am not a baby. I am a full-grown man geez.

“I beg to differ.” Tae said rolling his eyes.

“I thought you were calling hyung.” Jimin said changing the topic.

“I left him a message while you were freaking out. He’ll be here soon.” Tae answered sitting down on the sofa. “What were you saying though?”

 “Huh?”  I was saying something?

“You were saying something before I cut you off. Something about not liking the way.” Tae asked keeping his eyes on Jimin while he sat on the sofa opposite his.

“Oh.” Jimin ran a hand through his hair. “I didn’t like the way they were clashing with my orange hair.”

Taehyung burst out laughing at that.

What did I say? You’ll fall pabo be careful. Jimin thought

Tae ended up falling off the sofa because he was laughing that hard.

 See? Jimin mentally scoffed.

“Oh….My…God…..” he continued to laugh rolling on the floor while holding his side. “Your eyes…laugh…turned orange gold and you were…..laugh… worried about how bad they were clashing with your hair? This is rich.”

 Jimin folded his arms on his chest. “Don’t make fun of me Kim Taehyung. I spent a lot to get them dyed this colour since the dye was not available in GemLight. I have a right to be worried.” Jimin whined.

Don’t judge me that dye job was expensive as .

Before Tae could say anything the room was flooded with light. Light that was forest green with gold around the edges. The room suddenly became warm. Amidst the light there was this shadow which has no sooner stepped into the room that the light vanished.  And Kim Seokjin materialized looking as fresh as spring and as beautiful as a forest after rainfall.

“What happened? Are you guys hurt? I’ll brew you my herbal soup it’ll make the pain go away.

Why are you not answering?” Jin fussed.

Because you’re not letting us. Jimin thought.

“Hyung you didn’t give us a chance to speak.” Tae laughed “Oh.” Jin smiled sheepish.

“We are fine hyung. Well I am. Can’t say the same about Jimin though.” Taehyung said. “And before you freak out, no he is not sick or has stomach ache and he didn’t fall.” He continued as he saw the motherly side of Jin making a comeback.

What? I am not that clumsy. Jimin pouted.

“Then what’s wrong?” Jin frowned “Wait! Did the dream suppressing charm wear off?” “No no hyung the charm is fine.” Jimin piped up.

Jin sighed in relief. “But hyung I saw that guy today.” Jimin muttered.

“Which guy?” Jin questioned.

“The guy he has dreams about Jinnie hyung.” Tae said putting a hand on Jimin’s shoulder to comfort his best friend.

“But you just said the charm is working fine.” Jin looked confused.

“Ugghhh! Hyung he saw him today here in Seoul. Like in the flesh.”

“What? He is real?”

“Welcome to the club.” Tae muttered

“What does this mean hyung?” Jimin asked suddenly.

Jin looked like he was thinking something when Jimin questioned him. “Hmm I don’t know for sure Jiminie but it does change some things.” “Like?” Tae questioned before Jimin could.

“I gave Jimin the charms to suppress the dreams because I thought they were just that. Dreams. But since the object of your dreams is a real person this means that you were having those for a reason. Maybe you were having a precog? But wait is he a magical being?” Jin asked suddenly.

“No hyung. He is a mortal, there was nothing in his aura that said otherwise.” Tae said rubbing his chin.

“Hmmm.” Jin hummed.

“But hyung only people like Namjoon hyung can have precognition. You know we don’t possess that ability.” Jimin said confusion lacing his tone.

“I know, that’s why I am so confused. Dreams are complicated as they are, they have such vast meanings so it’s not easy to interpret them correctly especially for someone like me lacking those powers. Your dreams maybe they are a warning for a future? Like what could happen if you won’t stay away since you did die for him right? I am not too sure though.” Jin said making himself comfortable on the armchair.

Jimin was listening attentively to Jin when he thought of something. “But if what you said is true then why do I have these urges to leave the apartment sometimes? Or this too strong pull I feel sometimes since coming here?” 

Jin thought about that for some time. “I don’t know Jimin, there are so many factors to this whole thing. This is not just some random dreams we are talking about anymore. There are too many forces working at the same time but I don’t sense darkness so there is that. Hmm  I wonder…” Jin trailed off.

“What?” Jimin questioned while fumbling with his hands.

“I want you to listen carefully to what I say before you protest.” At Jimin’s nod Jin continued. “When you meet this person again-I said when and not if because I feel like you will soon-I want you to initiate a conversation with him and then take off the charm….” What?

“What?...” Tae suddenly shouted.

“Let me finish.” Jin said giving Taehyung a look shutting him up. “Ok as was I saying I want you to take off the charm and see if you are still having those dreams of him.”

“What would that prove?” Jimin asked.

“If they were a precog wont they continue even if you meet him?” Jin sat back and sighed. “Hmm that makes sense.” Taehyung murmured.

“What do I even talk about? I don’t even know him.” Jimin said running a hand through his hair.

“Uhh…Just say hello and go from there? If everything fails you can talk about the weather.” Jin giggled.

“Very helpful. Is that how you wooed Joonie hyung?” Tae scoffed.

“Yah!” Jin yelled making them both laugh.

 “Jimin?” Jin said suddenly turning his attention to Jimin who was staring off in space. . “When you see him again don't reveal anything about what you are. Be casual.”

“Alright hyung.”  Jimin smiled.

“Anything else?” Jin asked

“Yeah. Hyung do you still have that natural dye potion from before? I want to dye my hair pink.” Jimin asked hopefully.

“I don’t have it but I’ll make you a new one and send it here. Okay?” Jin smiled at Jimin’s cute nodding.

“Now that that’s out of the way it’s time for me to go. You both take care and eat healthy.” Jin stood up hugging them both and ruffled their hair.

Oh ! I almost forgot, Jimin mind raced.

“Hyung wait!” He suddenly said halting Jin who was about ready to go.

Jin turned back. “Hyung I don’t know if it’s related to this or not but my eyes turned this orangish gold colour suddenly for some time and then turned brown again.” Jimin explained.

“Your eyes turned turned orangish gold? How’s that possible?” Jin asked unbelievably

“That’s what I was thinking too hyung.” Jimin said

“What’s your eye colour when you use your powers or your bond?” Jin questioned rubbing his temples.

“His eyes turn this pretties palest blue like the inside of a glacier.” Tae answered instead of Jimin.

Wait. What?

 

“What? Why are looking at me like that? They are pretty.” Tae said folding his arms at the look he was receiving from both his brother and best friend.

“So it was not due to the bond or your powers.” Jin said scratching his head. “Did it happen when you saw him?”

“Jimin was hyperventilating after seeing him. His eyes were shut the whole time but when he opened, they were that colour. So, I guess it’s related to the mortal.” Tae butted in again.

“It could be linked to it but I don’t how or why.” Jin said giving up.

“There are so many questions but no absolute answers. Your life is such a novel Jimin.”  Tae said nudging Jimin to lightened his mood which became gloomy at Jin’s word.

Jin eyed Jimin like he was contemplating something.

“Hyung you thought of something, didn’t you?”  Jimin asked observing Jin’s expression. He has such an open face. Whatever he is thinking it shows.

“I did but you are not going to like it.” Jin said pinching the bridge of his nose.

“What…” Jimin asked confused but then it suddenly turned to realization and then horror “Oh no. No no no. Tell me it’s not what I think it is.” Jimin looked at Jin like he kicked his puppy.

“It is exactly what you are thinking.” Jin sighed

“What are you guys talking about?” Tae asked feeling left out.

“Hyung no. You know how he gets. Plus, he hates me.” Jimin whined

“Jimin he can help you out. And he doesn’t hate you. Trust me I would know.” Jin ruffled his hair.

“Guys I am still here hello? Tell me too.” Tae asked agitated. He hated being out of the loop. 

 “He is asking me to go to Namjoon hyung.” Jimin answered a flailing Tae with exasperation lacing his tone.

“That’s a good idea. That clumsy hyung could be of help.” Tae said rubbing his chin.

“I resent that.” Jin said offended.

“Your boyfriend is clumsy but he does have wisdom and knowledge.” Tae chuckled.

“Am I the only one who can see how bad of an idea that idea is?” Jimin asked.

“Come on Jimin what’s the worst that could happen?” Jin asked curious.

“Umm I don’t know I could die. He hates me since the day I accidently spilled that instant permanent bleach potion on his hair.” Jimin whined.

Jin and Taehyung guffawed at that. “I remember that. He got so angry there was literal steam coming out of his ears. I never saw you run that fast. Ever.” Tae said still holding his stomach.

“See? So it’s a BAD idea.” Jimin huffed

“Jimin listen to me ok? Namjoon can really help you in this situation. He has powers for that. I wouldn’t be asking that of you if I wasn’t sure of his ability in this matter.” Jin said holding Jimin’s shoulders.

“He is right Jiminie. Joonie hyung knows stuff even the boring ancient things about the Elders.” Tae said backing Jin up. “Besides that potion did him good in the long term, he looks hot blonde.”

“Ok ok. I’ll go to him. Geez. You both know how to gang up on a guy.” No wonder they are brothers.  Jimin pouted but there was a smile on his face. And that smile was infectious.

 


 

 

"You are meeting Junkook at 6 right?” Tae asked while he dried and Jimin washed the dishes.

“Yeah.” Jimin answered without looking up.

“By the way Tae how did you know Jungkook was the one from my dreams?” Jimin asked still scrubbing the plates.

“Ahh…I wasn’t sure or anything. I just heard you murmur that name once in your dreams so I thought that it could be him.”

“What? Why didn’t you tell me? I didn’t know that.”

“It happened a long time ago Jiminie. Even I forgot about that. Just hearing it again brought memories back.”

“Oh.”

They washed the dishes in silence for a few minutes and then Tae broke it.

 “So what are you wearing?” Tae asked “Clothes. What else?” Jimin snickered.

“Jiminie you know what I mean. It’s your first date, you should wear something nice.” Tae said waiting for the response he knew he’ll get and he was not disappointed.

“WHAT???? IT’S NOT A DATE!!” Jimin shrieked dropping the plate in the sink. He was totally blushing, even his neck and ears were red. “You are so easy to tease.” Tae giggled.

Jimin sighed. “I hate you Kim Taehyung.”

“I love you too Jiminie.” Tae chuckled and blew Jimin a kiss.

 


A/N

Heyyyy guys :)

I hope you enjoyed this chapter. Your thoughts? Comment down below.

I hope some of your questions got answered.

Still no clue what they are?

Also I mentioned GemLight it's a made up name. It's the realm where Taehyung Jimin and even Jin and Namjoon are from.

.Happy reading.

PS if you have any questions message me or comment i'll surely answer. I am going to answer each and ever comment.