Chapter 6

It Leads To You

When I first started palnning and writing out 'It Leads To You' I had literally no intention or plan to write a chapter from Jimin's perspective but after I was done writing the chapter that was originally supposed to be chapter 6 I realized that getting into Jimin's head is actually quite important to the plotline. I originally didnt want to make it too long but I actually forgot that in this story Jimin is complex and mysterious so it turned longer than I wanted. So here's part 1 and part 2 will be uploaded later like maybe Saturday or sooner if I get the time.

So here it is. Enjoy. Its more than 2k words ;)


Jimin woke up to the bright sunlight streaming through his window through the slits of the blinds. He yawned and stretched his body out like a cat. Jimin slept like a baby the night before, without tossing or turning or those dreams plaguing him. After the intense practice they had last night this dreamless sleep was highly needed and greatly appreciated.

It had been a while since Jimin slept this peacefully; 9 years to be exact. Ever since the dreams started Jimin woke up every single night gasping, screaming or crying depending on the type of dream he had but it was always the same person the same dark eyes and toothy smile. Always himbut in different settings. At one point, it became extremely difficult to differentiate dreams from reality since they were so vivid. His dreams felt like he was right there experiencing whatever was happening himself like it was happening to him. It was like he was dreaming of future like he was having a precognition or something but that was highly unlikely, next to impossible even because Jimin knew he didn’t possess that ability. The fact that scared Jimin the most was their intensity.

Having such vivid and intense dreams at such a young age of eleven he did what any sane person would do in his place; he ignored them. Well he tried to. He pretended everything was fine. And everything was fine. Well most of the time. It was as fine as it could be with him waking up in the middle of the night being emotionally wrecked muffling his sobs in the pillow as to not disturb or worry others if the dream was particularly too intense or if he felt like he lost something precious after waking up or curling up in a ball some nights because his heart just hurt way too much and sobbing when the pain become too unbearable. So yeah everything was definitely fine. If you ignore the bags under his eyes or how he looked sort of tired every morning though it was just start of the day or how his eyes were swollen sometimes but yeah Park Jimin was definitely fine. Jimin hid this fact quite well for about 2 years blaming the hectic training for his tiredness always telling one excuse after another but never the truth. It was quite a feat in itself because Park Jimin couldn’t lie to save his life and people often called him an open book since he was so easy to read but somehow, he pulled it off.

 As soon as he reached 13 that’s when everything changed, the dreams which were already intense enough somehow got stronger. He saw himself spending major part of his life with him, saw himself being emotionally vulnerable with him, saw himself being genuinely happy with him. He didn't know the name of the person he saw but he thought that there was some kind of connection between that person and him, there had to be if he felt everything that strongly. His brain argued that it was impossible because Jimin use your brain it is there for a reason, you cannot have some connection with the person who just exists in your dreams. He was confused. He was in a dilemma.

The night he turned 15 he saw himself dying jumping off a cliff to be exact. He did not know why exactly he jumped or what made him but he knew it was somehow for that person he saw. When Jimin saw the extent to which he could go for that person; a person he didn't know he realized something. When he saw himself jumping, feeling the rush of air as the gravity pulled him down feeling pain resonating within him as he hit the ground feeling the shatter of each bone the spilling of blood from his cracked head he realized. He realized as he saw himself lying there probably gasping his last breath and still smiling somehow peaceful, he realized that he would jump again in a heartbeat if it was for that person. The thought scared him less.

He didn’t understand this protective feeling he had for him, this affection coursing through him for someone unknown. Unreal. If there was love if that person was his lover he would understand but there was nothing in his dreams that imply that, there was only friendship, well that and affection.

 Jimin knew he was going insane he probably was already. He wanted-no- he needed help. He was scared. He was absolutely terribly frightened of the effect they were having on his mental as well as his physical well-being of how fast his emotions were becoming involved in something that has a possibility of being just his imagination and of how he was slowly but definitely loosing himself in something that has no way of being bound to reality.

 So he told his best friend Taehyung; the person he had a strong bond with a bond that was sacred. Real. A bond that can neither be created nor forged but something you were born with. Jimin poured his heart out he spilled the ink that was bottled in his heart and he felt lighter. A weight lifted off his chest.

Taehyung tried to help him he really did. He tried sleeping with Jimin every night hoping that the bond was powerful enough to keep the dreams away. It didn’t. Every time Jimin woke up crying or screaming "It hurts Tae make it stop please make it stop" it broke Taehyung's heart. He would just tightly hug his best rocking him till he fell asleep because what else was he supposed to do. He felt helpless he felt like a failure. What good the powers he had were if it couldn't help his friend? He wouldn't admit it but he was scared, scared for his best friend of the emotional turmoil he was going through. It was draining. The dreams on top of the responsibility Jimin was handed at such a young age were taking a toll on Jimin and if that continued it wouldn't be long till Jimin loses his mind and himself completely. And desperate times called for desperate measures.  At least that’s how Taehyung justified what he did next. Taehyung broke one of the promises the most important one for the bond mates. He broke the confidentiality. He told about Jimin's dreams to his hyung.

 

"Tae you are not supposed to tell me this. The bond is sacred and whatever a bond mate tells you, you cannot reveal it to someone else without their permission"

"You think I don’t know that hyung? It has been drilled into our minds since we are born. I know. Trust me hyung. I know.”

"Then why are you telling me?"

"Don’t you get it hyung? He would die. If someone knows how fragile their type is, its you. And I don’t exactly have time to wait for him to give me permission now do I?"

"I am sorry I didn’t realize it was that serious."

"If it wasn't I wouldn't be here asking for help now would I? You know how he hates relying on others, he wouldn’t ask for help I know that but I am desperate hyung. I feel like such a failure."

"I will help in whichever way I can Tae but just one question."

"What is it?"

"You do know the consequences of breaking the promise, right? You are aware that it can destroy the bond you two have?"

"I am aware. But his life is more important than any bond. I'd rather have him in my life without the bond than to watch him wither away and eventually die."

"Very well then. I hope he forgives you for this"

"That makes two of us Jin hyung."

Tae knew that if Jimin refused to forgive him refused to trust him again it would disintegrate the threads holding them in a bond and it would eventually disappear leaving behind only sorry hearts and memories but he still did it since it could save Jimin's life because he knew his hyung could help. And that he did. He did a ritual and gave Jimin a charm in a form of ring to suppress his dreams and it worked wonders. Jimin didn't even get angry he didn’t even felt betrayed he just hugged Tae and murmured

"I owe my life to you. Thank you for saving me."

And because of that it seemed their bond grew stronger than before, the threads binding them together got tighter, stronger unlike any bond between bond mates in their realm.

 

Jimin's life was slowly getting back on track he was still not sleeping well tossing and turning, restless but at least he was not drowning in the dreams his subconscious mind was projecting. He was finally feeling like himself and with time he got used to the restlessness. 5 years was a lot of time to become used to it anyway. Which brings us back to the present. Jimin finally slept peacefully no dreams no restlessness even though he slept without the charm as per Jin hyung’s instruction and he had an inclination that it was somehow related to meeting that person Jungkook; as he introduced himself.

"You look like you slept well." Tae said leaning in the doorway a smile on his face.

Jimin couldn't help smiling back.

"How are you up so early? You never wake up without me literally having to drag you out of bed." Jimin asked surprise evident in his voice.

"Early? It’s almost 1 pm Jimin and that’s kinda late even for me." Tae chuckled.

"What? 1pm? How? Ohmygod why didn’t you wake me up?" Jimin squeaked.

"Well you were finally sleeping peacefully for once I just didn’t have the heart to wake you up."

Jimin sighed. "Yeah. It was peaceful.”

"Let me guess. Jungkook?" Tae questioned.

Jimin ruffled his hair and then nodded.

 

It had been a week since Jimin and Tae came to human realm for training and ever since then Jimin had this urge sometimes to suddenly go somewhere which was strange because Park Jimin was anything but impulsive. He couldn't explain it. It was like he had no control over his mind and body but it disappeared as quickly as it appeared so he didn’t pay too much attention to it dismissing it as the human world messing with his mind. For them it was essential to train for 2 years in human realm to strengthen their powers and that was why he and Taehyung were there in the first place. That night it was no different. Jimin had this sudden desire to get out of the apartment it was like if he didn’t he would physically combust. It was a need so strong that no matter how hard he tried to control himself it was a losing battle. His feet pulled him out of the apartment they had rented taking him to God knows where. After what seemed like 15 or so minutes it suddenly stopped. There was nothing, no external force pulling him anymore. This is becoming old quickly. I can’t leave Tae alone like this every time some unknown force decides it’s time for me to chase something. This is getting out of hand ridiculous even. What am I even looking for? Jimin was frustrated. He didn’t have time for this. Whatever this was. He has responsibilities resting on his shoulders.  He had to complete his training, protect Taehyung he didn’t have time for this chasing game. Why was he being messed with now? Jimin was still deep in thoughts when sheer distress clouded his mind. There was unadulterated fear pooling in every fiber of his being. It took some time for Jimin's muddled mind to realize it was not his emotions and that Tae was trying to reach out to him. A shiver immediately ran down his spine because of what that implied.

"Taehyung....." Jimin whispered

He didn’t know what had Taehyung so scared and frankly he didn’t need to know the cause he just had to eliminate it whatever or whoever it was.

Everything in him was telling him to run towards his bond mate but it was not time to be rash. He first had to locate him because running around with no set direction would be useless. Jimin closed his eyes and centered his powers. He emptied his mind and focused on Taehyung’s emotions pouring in his mind linking it with his. He concentrated on the linked chains going back towards Tae’s trying to find the origin. And just like that he found what he was looking for; the direction of those emotions. Jimin finally opened his eyes they were no longer a deep brown but palest blue. They were unfocused for a few seconds and then losing the haze, Jimin ran towards the direction his bond mate was in.

Jimin was not expecting the scene he was met with when he reached where Taehyung was.  He almost felt like his heart would jump right out of his chest seeing those two men leering at Tae like that. It took everything in him to calm down to not get angry because if he did Tae would too and an angry Tae was not safe. Jimin centered himself looking deep into his core for the calm he was so well known for and fed that to Tae through the link finding it still intact which meant Tae was still aware still stable still in control. Jimin let out a sigh of relief at that.

  Jimin felt gratitude and calm through the bond but most importantly he felt strength. There was no residual fear just serenity. Jimin turned towards those leeches who have yet to notice him and said “Maybe you should have known better gentlemen. You should heed the warning in the future. Sorry not sorry.”

With them together it didn’t take long to get rid of the men. They could have done worse but they had morals so they just wiped their memories clean but not just of the incident but like slate clean-he didn’t say they weren’t exactly angry now did he besides there wasn’t any memory in those ’s mind that was worthy of being preserved, he would know he lived through those at that moment-and transported them back to their homes. But wiping memories off is painful it’s like someone is stabbing your head repeatedly which explained their screams. After the whole ordeal, they just hugged each other because Taehyung could easily have been hurt and the fear of losing him shook Jimin to his core. The remorse coming through the bond was reason enough for Jimin to forgive Tae and he did as much.

They were tired and hungry. Wiping a single person's memory was draining enough and they had to wipe that of two. They were walking out of the alley Tae already on the street when it was like something was compelling Jimin to look back. Like there was someone behind him calling his name beckoning him teasing him even. Jimin turned back to see someone standing behind him not too far away. He couldn't see much of the person's face before the person kneeled and rested his head on the concrete as if in pain but what Jimin saw was enough for his heart to almost jump out of his chest for the second time that night. There he was the person from his dreams but this time Jimin was not dreaming. That person was real and he was right in front of Jimin.

Jimin had no idea what to do so he ran taking Tae's hand he ran and didn't stop till he reached the apartment. He locked every single lock on the door locked every single window drew the curtains like he afraid that he would follow him here.

"Jimin whats wrong?" Tae asked worried.

"I saw him Tae." Jimin said his eyes tightly shut.

"Him?" Tae questioned raising his eyebrows.

"The person I dreamt of. It’s happening again Tae. What should I do?"

"Wait! You saw him. He’s real?"

"Tae. It would happen again. I-I don’t want to go to that state again. It hurts too much Tae. I-I…" "Calm down Jimin. Breathe.” Jimin did as he was told.

“What if it starts again? The dreams.” Jimin mumbled.

“Don’t worry Jiminie. Do you want me to call hyung?" Tae asked phone already in hand.

Jimin nodded his head and finally opened his eyes. Taehyung gasped and dropped the phone.

"Jimin your eyes...."

The look on Tae's face scared Jimin and he immediately turned around to look in the mirror in the hall and what he saw made him loose his breath. He almost fell from the sheer shock that ran through him. His blood ran cold, and there were definitely goose bumps on his entire body.

His eyes were not brown or blue for that matter. They were a blazing orangish gold.


A/N

Hey guys :) I hope you like this chapter. Some of you have been wondering what Jimin is exactly. Some of you even messaged me here and on tumblr so I decided to leave clues in this chapter. What are Jimin and Taehyung? You know they are supernatural but what exactly are they? Comment your answers. If any of you manage to guess I'll include one of your suggestion in this story or any other story I am writing or if you have a scenario in mind I'll write a drabble for you.

Besides that what do you guys think so far? Comment upvote subscribe maybe it'll motivate me to update faster.

Also comment comment comment I love reading your thoughts ^_^

Happy Reading :)