Chapter 3

It Leads To You

Jungkook couldn’t stop thinking about it no matter how much he tried. It was like his brain wasn’t ready to accept the fact that he has had enough. He couldn’t just wrap his head around the ‘alley incident' as he came to call it. First, he saw those two men disappear in thin air without a trace which was scientifically impossible because you just cannot. Second, he saw Jimin; yes Jimin which Jungkook still had a hard time believing because it’s highly unlikely that you meet the person you dream about in an alley. He was sure there was a research published about it somewhere. So the only plausible explanation he could think of-after 3 sleepless nights and a stressful weekend avoiding his parents worried looks-was that it was just his tired mind working against him forcing him to see things that were not there and it was just his imagination.

No one can ever doubt the fact that Jungkook was good at drawing anything and everything and he always follows instruction well making him the top and a very likeable student. So, he couldn’t fathom why he was staring at the portrait of a boy with orange hair and a bright smile that can rival that of sun, when his professor clearly told them to draw the portrait of the model standing in the front. He always drew Jimin sure, but he had never drawn him in class. Like never. Not even when he was given the liberty to draw whatever and whoever. In a way he thought Jimin was his-like a secret-not to be shared with the world and if that makes him selfish so be it.

“That’s not what I told you to draw Jungkook.”

The voice behind Jungkook caused him to jump up from his seat dropping his things in the process. He turned around and apologized to the students who were giving him dirty looks for breaking their concentration and picked up his things. Jungkook turned towards the professor and rubbed the back of his neck.

“I….He….I was just….” He muttered intelligently.

“This is by far your softest work and it makes me wonder if you are in love with this boy or something.” The professor said while examining his work

“No that’s not…” Jungkook trailed off when words failed him instead shaking his head vigorously to his professors amusement.

“Though it’s not what I asked of you, your work is beautiful and you followed the instructions clearly just not with the model assigned.” The professor said thoughtfully.

 

 “He is beautiful and mysterious, perfect to catch anyone’s eye.”

“Um…” Jungkook mind was reeling

“Hmm…I should ask him to model for one of the session. This class needs new faces to draw and get inspired by. Good work Jungkook.”

“Wait!” Jungkook said as the professor was about to go to examine others’ work. “What do you mean by using him as a model? He is just someone I dream about. He is not an actual person.” He adjusted his beanie on his head unable to look at his professor, not wanting to see the judgement in his favorite teacher’s eye.

 

“No.” She shook her head. Jungkook looked up at that and saw her face devoid of any kind of judgement only filled with understanding. “I maybe old but my eyes work fine and I am pretty sure I saw this boy today.” She said pointing towards the drawing. “But I think you should ask his permission if you want to continue drawing him even if he is someone you dream about.”

Jungkook wanted to say something, anything or simply nod his head but he didn’t or more likely couldn’t. The professor took his thoughtful expression as her cue to leave but Jungkook couldn’t concentrate for the rest of the class the professor’s word echoing in his head.

If Jimin is real then, that means the incident in the alley is real. And if the incident in the alley is real then that means it’s not just my imagination and those two men really disappeared from the face of earth. But how? Also if he is real then I am dreaming of an actual living person who I am also kinda in love with or possibly have a crush on. Great! So much for blaming my tired mind for making me see things.

Thinking about all this made Jungkook ask himself a question he hadn’t asked since he was 13 and dreamt about Jimin’s eye for the first time. Why? Why was he having these dreams?

And a question which he thought for the first time. Is there a possibility that Jimin knows about it? Does he know the answer? Jungkook was plagued by these thoughts. So as soon as the class ended Jungkook packed up his things and made his way towards the professor.

“Professor.” She turned around.

“Jungkook. How may I help you?”

“Do you know where can I find the new guy? The one I drew?” Jungkook said asked his heart beating wildly. He wouldn’t be surprised if his heart rate was 180bpm but it was time to get some answers.

______________________________________________________________________________________________

A/N
Sorry for such a short chapter. The next chapter will be longer I promise.
I am really happy of the response this story is getting and it encourages me a lot to see your comments upvotes.
Thankyou so much ^_^
Happy reading :)