Chapter 4

It Leads To You

“Let me think. You see there are so many students in this university that I hardly remember where I see who. But it may be possible that I remember something about him if I think hard enough.”  The professor answered.

If Jungkook didn’t know any better, he would have thought that the professor was teasing him.

“Oh. If you do remember anything Professor, it would be great. You were right about him being perfectly mysterious and eye catching so I wanted to ask his permission to be my model.”

“So, I was right. You do feel something for this boy.” She said with a teasing tone

Her statement flustered Jungkook. He rubbed a hand at the back of his neck while looking down at the floor.

“Is it that obvious?”

“Yes. If the way your painting is screaming it is anything to go by.” At Jungkook’s questiong look she asked. “What did I tell you about paintings in the first class?”

“That you should always paint with everything you have got.” Jungkook said

“And?” She promted.

Her look made Jungkook realized something. “That paintings never lie.”

 “Bingo!” She said smiling. “Your painting is like a window to your heart just like music is for a composer.”

“So what you are saying is my painting shows that I like him.” At her nod Jungkook huffed out a ‘Not fair’

“Oh! I remember something.” She said suddenly. “I saw him in the admin department today discussing his schedule. He is new I think and a dance major if I recall correctly. Oh! And his last name is Park. That’s all I can remember. Sorry.”

“That’s more than enough professor. Thank you so much.” Jungkook said still somewhat embarrassed but there was some hope shining in his voice.

“No problem Jungkook. Keep up the good work.” She smiled before turning towards other students waiting to talk to her.

Jungkook slung his bag over his shoulder and made his way out of the class. He ran as fast as he could down the stairs. His art class was located on the 3 floor of the Arts Building and dance department was on the other side of the campus. So, he ran down the stairs and across the campus. Once he reached the dance department he walked inside the building making his way towards the 1st floor. He sat on one of the sofas in the lounge, took his phone out and typed out a text.

 

Where are you?

In the dance class. Why?

The reply was instant.

I am in the lounge. Can you come out?

Can’t I am busy.

 Jungkook smiled at the reply.

 

You don’t seem busy judging by the speed you texted back with.

Yah! What do you want?

 

I need your help Hoseokie hyung. It’s important.

Ok! Be there.

Jungkook didn’t have to wait long. There he was. Jung Hoseok. Jungkook’s friend, confidant and sometimes a literal pain in his . There weren’t enough words in the dictionary to describe Hoseok. He was loud, full of optimism and a literal sunshine. Though Jungkook has a love-hate relation going on with him most of the time, he was the only one who could put up with Jungkook’s antics.

“What was so important that it couldn’t wait till tonight?” Hoseok asked genuinely curious.

“Hello to you too, hyung.” Jungkook said rolling his eyes.

“So what is it?”

“Hyung, Can I ask you something?” Jungkook asked nervously

“Shoot.”

“Do you perhaps know any dance major by the name of Jimin? Park Jimin?”

His question made Hoseok turn his head towards him. There was a knowing smile on his face.

“Why? Why do you want to know.”

“Hyung! Please just answer the question.”

“Hmmmm. Let me think. Do I know? Do I know someone named Jimin? Hmmm Park Jimin.”

Hoseok teased.

“Hyuuuung!” Jungkook whined.

“Ok. Ok. I actually don’t know him-” At seeing Jungkook’s face fall he continued “-but I do know of him.” Jungkook looked at him questioningly silently asking him to elaborate.

Hoseok sighed. “He made quite an entrance, it’s hard not to know about him. The kid is an amazing dancer and made quite an impression at the dance off. Whole of dance department was talking about it.”

 “Uh. C-Can you tell me where I can find him?” Jungkook said fidgeting.

“Since he is a junior and the classes for all juniors and seniors are in the morning, he will either be in the lounge or in one of the practice rooms on the 2nd floor.”

“Thanks Hyung. I owe you.” Jungkook said standing up.

“Jungkookie wait. How do you know Jimin? As far as I know he joined just today.”

“Hyung I’ll tell you everything but right now I have somewhere to be.” Jungkook said and ran towards the elevator.

“Aish! This kid.” Hoseok said but there was a smile on his face.

 

Jungkook reached the lounge on the second floor to see it was crowded with students. Some sitting, some standing.  Some occupying the couches and talking in big groups. Some sitting in the corner studying. Jungkook taking advantage of his height peered through the crowd, looking for someone with orange hair. He made his way towards the middle of the room running his eyes slowly over the crowd. No matter where he looked he couldn’t find even a trace of orange. He was about to give up, was about to turn around and head towards the practice rooms to look for Jimin there when he felt a tap on his shoulder.

He turned around and immediately felt light headed. He felt all the breath whooshing out of him. It was like the time has stopped and he was floating. There in front of him stood none other than Park Jimin, the object of his dreams. The one he thought was only a figment of his imagination.

The one he was hopelessly in love with. The one he wanted answers from.

The one he thought had orange hair just like his dreams.

Park Jimin who was standing a few inches away from him wearing dark skinny jeans and white loose oversized shirt with his very fluffy and very pink hair covering his forehead. That night in the alley Jungkook wasn’t able to look at him clearly that’s why he didn’t notice the lack of orange but now with Jimin standing this close to him all Jungkook could do was stare. He looked at Jimin’s eyes. The same eyes he dreamt of, for about two years. The eyes he fell in love with. The eyes which were now looking at him, clear yet somehow filled with so much emotions. It was surreal for him to see those eyes this close to him. He directed his gaze to Jimin’s cute button nose and then to his lips. Thinking how they would look like while calling his name. How they would feel pressed against his. Jungkook couldn’t help thinking that Park Jimin looked ethereal. He was pulled out of his thoughts by a sentence. A sentence directed towards him in a somewhat playful tone by the voice he could recognize in a heartbeat even in a crowded room.

 

“Looking for someone?”