Year 3

Mismatched Lovers
“I am sick for 3 days and you start dating Jae Rim-ssi. What the Ji Hee.” So Eun says.
“Things just sort of happened.”
“So, tell me the details!”
“We sort of fought a little and then it just happened. I don’t remember the details”. I said.
“My best friend is dating a model and actor. What more can I ask for”
“For you to get good grade” I say
“Hey, I’m working on that!”
“Alright”. I say and I see Zico walking towards are direction.
“Hey, I heard you’re dating that model guy” he says. “I thought you two weren’t dating. What happened?”
“nothing…. Where’d you hear this from?”
“From that one trainee guy at RBW”.
I glare at him mouthing shut the up and look at So Eun. She was too buys on her phone. Thank God.
“Oh . Sorry. Oh, I’m having a competition next month. I was wondering if you would want to feature in it? It’ll be on August 3rd. But I was thinking we can practice like 3 times a-” he ask.
OMG. Stop. Talking.
“Ji Hee” So Eun says.
.
“I thought you were going to my cousin’s party with me!” she says.
“OH! Right! Yeah. Don’t worry. I didn’t forget. Sorry Ji Ho”.
“It’s cool. I’ll see you around.” He says and walks back to his seat.
“What was that all about? Was he asking you out on a date?” She asks.
“No, he wanted me to watch his performance.”
“I didn’t know you guys were close. What else did I miss when I was gone!??! And what performance?!?!” she slams her hand on the table.
“Nothing. Don’t worry. Don’t tell anyone but he’s an underground rapper.”
“Figures… I mean, he looks like one. His hyung is also scary.”
“yeah. But no one really knows. And I just happened to see him at one of the clubs”.
“You go to those kinds of places?” she asked worriedly.
“um…. I had to…. Jae Rim took me to one because he really liked this one rapper and Zi- Ji Ho opened for him.”
“oh…. Hm.. now I’m kind of interested” She says and she turns around to look at him.
“What about that guy at your cousin’s party. What was his name? Gong doo?” I ask
“Dong Gun and I still like him. But it doesn’t hurt to have some eye candy in class.”
 
“OK EVERYONE. LUNCH TIME IS OVER. GET BACK TO YOUR SEATS” said the teacher.
“Girl, you thirsty” I say.
“tell me about it….”
 
--------------------(Five months later)----------------
 
“What do you want to eat?” I asked.
“I don’t know. I don’t care” Jae Rim said.
“Can we not do this please. I haven’t seen you in a month.”
“Look, it’s not my fault that I’m busy with work.” He said as he put down the menu.
“I didn’t mean it like that. Look. I’m sorry ok. I just missed you.”
“Me too” He took my hand. “how’s school. I forgot to ask.”
“It’s ok. Just started the 3rd year.”
“I remember those days… I heard that girl in your class debut”
“yeah. They’re doing pretty well…”
“when are you debuting?”
“There’s 7 of us right now and they’re still debating whether or not to eliminate a few so I’m trying to work my off right now”
“you’ll make it. I’ve seen you. You’re so much better than everyone. And you write songs”
“yeah but writing songs isn’t always what they want.”
“Are you two ready to order?” the waiter asks.
“Sorry. A couple more minutes please” He says. “Ok, so what do we want?”
“I saw online that the calamari is good. Should we get it as an appetizer?”
“ok. How about we can also get a pasta and maybe some vegetables. That should be enough right? He says.
“Yeah.”
 
After dinner, he paid for the bill and we got into his car.
“I still can’t believe you bought a car”
“Yeah, well, I’m not paying for college so I can afford it”.
“wait, you quit school?” I was disappointed.
“I mean, for now. It’s no big deal. Everyone does it. Plus, I’ve been getting roles.”
“Yeah but…”
“What, you don’t think I’ll make it?” he defends.
“No, that’s not what I mean. It’s just, don’t you want a safety net?”
“I can’t do school and act Ji Hee. It’s too hard. Plus, school isn’t even for me. I did it just to please my parents”
“Sorry, it’s your life. I shouldn’t be like this. Congrats on the drama by the way”
“Thanks.”
“How was the end of the drama party? I forgot to ask”.
“It was fun”
“You angry?” I said and grabbed his hand.
“No” he said as he was focusing on the road.
“Look. I’m sorry. I really shouldn’t telling you what to do. It’s your life.” I say and lean in and kiss his cheek.
He gives a little smirk and looks and me.
“You forgive me?” I ask.
He turns a quick right and parks in an empty spot.
“I missed you Ji Hee” He pushes my hair behind my ears and gives me a kiss. I haven’t kissed him in over a month because we were almost caught the last time we had a date.
“Hey, wanna go to my place for a bit? It’s pretty early.” He said.
“um…” I wanted to, but know him, I wasn’t ready yet. “I actually have a lot of work to do. How about next time”.
“Come on Ji Hee. You’re a senior in high school. Live a little” He says.
“Sorry….”
“fine.” He releases the hand brakes, puts the car in drive, and he dropped me off.
“I’ll make it up to you. I promise. I love you.” I give him a slight kiss and open my door.
OMG. Did I just say I love you. . I quickly close the door and run to my door.
I hope he didn’t realize anything.
“Wait!” he says as he jogs towards me. I was still fumbling with my keys and he suddenly hugs me. “I love you too” He turns me around. “Thanks for putting up with me” He kisses me. I wrap my arms around his waist. After a good 10 seconds, he looks at me and smiles.
“I’ll call you later” He says and heads towards his car. “Go in”
I open my door and wave good bye.
 
“Um… who’s that?” my brother says.
“None of your business.” I say and realize there’s a girl on the kitchen table.
“Hi, I’m Sarah” She says as he gets up to greet me.
I look at Joseph and then back at her. A white girl? Well this is new. And why is she introducing herself.
“yeah. I wouldn’t be wasting your time here” I say and walk towards my room.
I shut my door and I can hear a little muffle.
“Sorry about that. I don’t know how to control her”
“it’s ok”
“She’s really a good person. But stuff just happened.”
Yeah. Like you use to sleep with anything that walks.
“It’s fine. I’ll see you tomorrow?”
“Yeah. I’ll pick you up at 6”
 
KNOCK KNOCK KNOCK
Joseph opens the door.
“Ever heard of privacy?” I say.
“Look. I’m sorry about the past but I’ve changed”
“ok.”
“Sarah is someone really special to me”
“um.. ok.”
“And I wanted to introduce you to her but you didn’t even let her do that.”
“Did you knock her up?”
“What! No! she’s just different. Ok Gabby.”
“Why the change of heart. Didn’t seem like it 2 months ago.”
“That was two months ago. This is now.”
“Ok Joseph. Whatever you say”.