1: First Day of Class

Mismatched Lovers

"Hello class, we have a new student today. Please introduce yourself" said the homeroom teacher.
"Hi, my korean name is Gong Ji Hee but you can just call me Gabby. I came from San Francisco and my korean isn't very good. Please take care of me" I said as I bowed.
"You can sit there" he pointed to a seat in the middle of the classroom. 
The girl sitting next to me stared at me as I walked to my seat. She held out her hand and happily said "hi, I'm soeun. Kim soeun." 
"Hi" I said and shook her hand.

----why did she shake my hand------

"Ok let me let you in the secrets of this classroom. I'm sure you've heard of kpop and in order to debut as a kpop idol you need to go through training. You see that girl over there?" She pointed to the girl in the very from right of the classroom. "Her name is Kim So Ra and she's a trainee for SM entertainment, one of the big 3 companies in kpop. Also the guy over there and So Ra are dating. They've been together for 3 months now. Now that girl can literally fall asleep anywhere and anytime of the day. The guy over there is the star soccer player. He's good at soccer but not with his studies. Our homeroom teacher is one of the best. He's super chill. And as of now, I'm number 2 in our grade. I can never beat out Jong Kyung." She said as she pointed to the guy next to me.
"Soeun. It's my time. Please stop talking" said the teacher.
"Sorry!"

It was lunch time and I took out my food. Joseph packed me some banchan, rice, and bolgogi. Joseph was right, people bring lunch boxes.  
"Wow that looks good, can I have some?" So Eun said. 
"Yeah of course." I looked at her box and she only had rice, sausage, and egg.
"My mom forgot to make me lunch so I had to make something quickly. Don't judge me too hard".
"Don't worry. I've seen worse" I said with a smile. 
"There are rumors that you're a trainee. Is that true?" Said So Ra. But I didn't know how to answer her. "Do you even understand me?hah. Never mind" she snickered. 

"Yeah sorry about her, she's a little snobby"
"a little?? She's thankful I'm not a gangster. haha" I said. "So, where are you from?" I asked soeun. 
"I'm from busan and I just got here a month ago. My dad got relocated to seoul and he didn't want to leave us all alone in Busan. But honestly, I like it better in seoul. The guys are so much cuter."
"Hahah are they?"
"Yeah! We should go to this cafe not too far from here. There's this really cute worker!" She ate an egg. "Oh wait, do you have a boyfriend?" She said with a full mouth. 
I pointed to the side of her chin because there was a piece of rice. "No. I can't do long distance so I just broke it off with the guy. I feel bad but we've only been dating for 2 months. Besides, he wasn't marriage material anyway. He didn't take school seriously. How about you?"
"Wow, such an american. But no, sadly. If you asked me a week ago I would've said yes. Thank god we aren't in the same class"
"Oh I'm sorry."
"It's ok. He's a player and I fell for it. I mean first week I came here I was his girlfriend. And not even a week into our relationship I see him flirting with someone during PE. I even considered forgetting I saw anything. Lame huh?"
"No. You were just blinded by love. Plus, he's the . You'll find someone"

"Hi, my name is Kim Do Hoon. How do you like Korea? Guys are much cuter here huh? I mean you're looking at one of the best in Seoul right now." 
"Hi, Korea's better when guys aren't being disgusting. By the way, you're girlfriend is giving me the death glare. I perfer not to be part of someones death note and I don't think you'd want to too" I said as So Ra shoves her salad in and ready to come over.
"Nice...." said So eun.