What Just Happened?

Mismatched Lovers

“Oh my god Sora! Are you really debuting?!?”

“No way! You look so pretty in that picture!”

“We’re going to have a celebrity in our school!”

“Hey, can you hook me up with one of the members?”
“Since when did you know you were going to debut?”

 

UGH look at her smug face. She is really enjoying this isn’t she. I bet she wanted to tell everyone so badly. The maknae in that group isn’t even good. She’s just the daughter of someone who has a lot of stocks in SM. Man, why doesn’t So Eun have to be sick today… I wonder what she’d say about all this

 

“Can you believe her? She purposely posted her teaser photos all over the school so people would actually pay attention to it.”

“Yeah, I know.” I look at him and realize it was Woo Ji-Ho. He’s pretty quiet but everyone knows that his older brother is scary and so no one messes with him. He’s also part of the underground hip hop world but literally no one knows except me. “Oh, thanks for going to my show the other night”.

“I had fun. You finally invited me. The infamous Zico actually has talent”.

“Ya…”

“It’s your fault really. You’re too quiet. All the trainees kept talking about you and it turns out you’re in the same class as me”

“Yeah, and no one talks about So Ra.”

We both laugh.

“What are you two laughing about? OMG, are you two dating??!!” Sora says and everyone looks at us.

“Shut the up So Ra” Ji Ho says.

Everyone looks at him. They were all shocked that he actually said more than one word.

“Whatever” Sora says.

“oh my god. Now they’ll really think we’re dating. Thanks….” I say.

“That’s fine. We just know that you actually do have a boyfriend. Who is in fact famous.”

“What are you talking about?” I ask.

“That guy in that one drama? Moon Sun Embracing?”

“He’s not my boyfriend” I defend.

“That’s not the gossip I’ve been hearing”.

“oh my god, there’s gossip about that?!?”

“Yeah, you didn’t know? It’s literally everywhere. So, what’s going on between the two of you. He came to pick you up after the show right?”

“Yeah he did. We’re just friends”

“friends…” He said putting up air quotes.

“Shut up…”

“Ok class. Get back to your seats” The teacher says as he comes in.

 

--------------(Ding…. Ding…. Ding….)-------------------

“Hey, I have another show this weekend. You should come with your boyfriend” Ji Ho says as I’m packing my stuff.

“One, he’s not my boyfriend. And two, if you keep this up I won’t support you”

“Hey, where’s your friend. The one with bangs”.

“Literally everyone in our class has bangs… and she’s been in the same class as you for 2 years, shouldn’t you know her name?”

“Yeah whatever, where is she?”

“sick, why?”

“nothing, need me to walk you home?”

“ok, look here, I know I don’t have a boyfriend but you-“

“woah! Ok I didn’t mean it like that. It’s just So Ra has been giving you the death glare for quite a while and knowing her, she’ll follow you when you go to, you know, train…”

“Oh, sorry. Hahha. Awkward…… but no thanks. I think I’m good”.

“You sure?”

“yeah. I’ll see you on Sunday?”

“Oh, so you’re coming with your boyfriend?”

“He’s not my boyfriend!” I say as I walk away.

 

After 4 hours of training, I sit in the lobby with the other trainees.

“Did you guys hear? I think the company will start to debut a girl group”

“Really? Is it because SM released those teasers?”

“I think so. Kpop is getting too big”

“Hey Ji Hee, did you hear anything?”

“No, but this girl from the new SM group is in my class and she’s been telling everyone that their group’s concept is cute but y”

“Isn’t that like every other group out there though?” says one of the trainees.

“Yeah pretty much….” I said.

“Damn, she’s annoying…”

“tell me about it.” I say.

-DING-

Jae Rim: Hey, done with training? I’m around the corner of your company. Want to grab a late dinner?

Me: How about the salad bar down the block? I’m on a diet :(

“What’s her name” they ask me

“So Ra. I forgot her last name”

“Oh, I had acting classes with her for a year and oh my god. She’s annoying”

-DING-

“Right! Like I don’t want to hate on people but she thinks she so cool. Like yeah, she’s talented but you don’t have to rub it in our faces.” I say.

“I hear she’s also mean. Is that true Ji Hee?”

“Sort of… I’m pretty sure she has some internal issues but yeah, she can get pretty y”

“Yeah but she’s so hot” Says one of the guy trainees.

“yeah, but she’s out of your league. She can do way better than you” said one of the girls.

I look at my phone.

Jae Rim: Sounds good! I’ll be there soon.

Oh ! I don’t want them seeing him.

“Um, I gotta go. I’ll see you guys tomorrow!” I try to rush to out the door but before I can even get my hands on the handle he opens the door. I try to push him out but…

“AHHHH OH my god! It’s- it’s- it’s”

“Hi he says”

“oh my god….”

“Ji Hee, explain!”

“Everyone, this is Jae Rim-ssi. Jae Rim-ssi, this is everyone”

“Hi, it’s nice to meet you” Jae-Rim-ssi says.

“Are you two dating?”

“NO” I say quickly.

“She never gives me the time of day. Except today. So, as much as I’d like to meet all of you, we have a date”

“it’s not a date” I say.

“Yet” he says with that smile that I love too much.

“holy ….” Says one of the guy trainees.

“See, you need to learn from him” another trainee said.

“Hyung, teach me your ways” He says as he grabs his hand.

“If I can get Ji Hee to date me, I’m all yours!” He says.

 

We walk towards the salad bar and I didn’t say anything.

“How was practice?” He asked

“It was good.” We reach the door and I stop. “hey, actually, I’m not that hungry. Sorry…”

“oh. Want me to take you home?”

“no, I think I can walk myself.”

“It’s a 20 minute walk, in the dark. Let me take you home”

“No. it’s ok. I’ll see you another day ok?”

“Is it about earlier?”

“No”

“Look I’m sorry”

I stop and look at him.

“Sorry….” He says as he walks closer to me and grabs my hand.

I just look at him.

“I was out of hand” He said.

“Yeah, you were. And you have been for a few months now. I’m not a possession that you can just claim.”

“I know.. I’m sorry… I just really want to be with you. It’s torture when we just hang out as friends. Do you even like me?”

“Yeah. Of course I do!” I say.

“Yeah, but more than a friend. Because you’re giving me mixed signals all the time.”

“I….. I don’t know” I say. “Maybe I do… I’m always curious about you and whenever you talk to other girls I get really jealous. And when we hang out, it really makes my day. Especially after a long day of school and training. And-“

He leans in and kisses me.

“Finally….” He says. “I like you too Ji Hee”. And he hugs me.

“What just happened” I say as I hug him back.

“You just became my girlfriend” He said with that smile I love.