Suddenly

Mismatched Lovers

I must admit, that worker was pretty cute. His 90 degree jaw line, monolid eyes, mysterious smile. He definetly looked at least 4 years older than us though. We're only first years in high school. Also, if I want to be a kpop idol, dating will be frowned upon.-
"How was school?" Joseph said. 
"It was good..." I look around to see if joseph's friends are here. 
"That's it? Good"
"I mean it's school. I met people. There's this girl in my class who's a train-" I see a girl walk out of his bedroom. I couldn't help but smirk. 
"What was that for?" She said.
"Oh nothing" I said and walked passed her, giving her the dirtiest look I had in my book and went to my room. I can hear her whiny voice and Joseph isn't having it. From what I've seen in the past, she'll be here at most one more time.

"It's time for dinner? he said after he knocked. 
"Is that whinner going to eat with us?"
"No. And watch your attitude"
"Yeah whatever" I said after I opened my door.

"So what were you saying? Something about a trainee?" He asked
"Nothing. Never mind. It isn't important."
"Come on. Tell me"
I look at him in disbelief. "When are you going to stop."
"What do you mean?"
"You obviously know what I mean" I began to eat again. 
"Look, it's not-"
"It's not what I think?" I interupted. "You're not going to clubs or bars and picking up girls. It was 6 o'clock joseph. This is a new record for you. Who the hell even goes to a club this early."
"I spilled a drink on her and she needed to clean up"
"Yeah. ALL the way to your house. Ok. Sure. Ever since Sarah broke up with you, youlve gone crazy. I don't even know you anymore. Whay happened between you two anyway. You were perfectly fine and then one day I come home with all her stuff packed."
"Nothing happened. I don't want to talk about it." He said as he played with his food."
"Fine don't tell me. Thanks for dinner" I put my dishes away and go into my room.

A few weeks have passed and I've been focusing more on training than school. Midterms were around the corner and I decided to go to the cafe to get some work done. I've been here a few times with So Eun already but we never see the cute guy. So Eun doesn't care much for him anymore because she found a new eye candy in school. But as for I, I don't know. I find myself looking at the workers as they come into the store for their shift. Am I infatuated by him? Or is he just some eye candy that I need in my life?
I sat down and the cute guy wasn't there again. So Eun needed to go to a haguan. Did he finally hit it big and is now a professional model? Is he going to school? I got my Americano, which I may say, it actually tastes pretty good, and sat down. I stare at my chemistry notes in dismay. How the hell am I supose to do well on this midterm. I don't know what this stuff even means. Stereoisomers? Enantiomers? What the hell. 
"Good luck with that. I almost failed it in high school" the cute guy said.
----OMG. Its him!------- "You're not working today?" I asked.
"No I am. My shift starts in 10 minutes but I saw you over here. I haven't seen you since you first came in. Where have you been? You better have not found a cuter guy at a better coffee shop."
"No, you're the one who hasn't been working when I'm here. I'm sorry. What was your name again?" ----OMG was that too forward?----
"Song Jae Rim. Don't forget it because you'll be saying it quite a lot?"
"What do you mean?"
"I mean if you agree to go grab dinner with me this saturday, maybe it can lead to another date."
I didn't know what to say. All this is just so sudden. I want to say yes. I really do. But am I even allowed to date? Plenty of trainees date right? No one even knows who I am. 
"Song Jae Rim! Get your in here!" Said his boss.
"That's my que. Give me an answer before you leave. If you don't, I'll be sad. And the boss might fire me. And that means you're responsible for my well being." He said quickly.
"Jae Rim! Right Now!"
"Ok. I'll let you know before I leave. Hurry and go." I said.
He smiled, put his cap on, and proceeded to the register. As his first customer came up to the register and looked at me and gave me a small wink. What have I gotten myself into?