CHAPTER 6 (Taetae POV)

I Am You (You Are Me)

Taehyung woke up feeling warm, more so then usual; considering he had a habit of kicking off his covers during the night. He also felt something tickling his neck. He slowly turned around to look and let out a surprised yelp when he found his own face nestled against his neck. Belatedly, he realized that his soul was now captured in Yoongi’s body and no, sleeping through the night did not switch them back like he had hoped it would. He glanced at the boy beside him again, a little weirded out that his own body was wrapped around him. Relax Tae its just Yoon-woah wait. Why was Yoongi hugging him and sleeping?

Immediately, Taehyung became painfully aware of all the places Yoongi was touching him right now and his skin seared at every spot at which it was in contact with the elder’s(well, his own but shush mind, this is not important!). He looked down at Yoongi’s arms circling his waist, his leg thrown over both of his, and his lips-oh, his lips. They were flush against his neck. The elder’s (his own-okay seriously, shut up head) nose buried against his jaw. Why was he here? The noble and less selfish part of his mind screamed at him to get a hold of himself and move away, but unfortunately for him, the other part won and he ended up gawking at his own features, thinking about what lay underneath instead. Yoongi was next to him, Yoongi was holding him. 

Stop this.

“Uhh hyung?” he mumbled. Yoongi didn’t even stir. Of course he wouldn’t; it was Min Yoongi and he was called a rock when he slept for a reason. “Yoongi hyung?” he spoke again but really, with the volume at which he was speaking he wasn’t even trying to wake the elder. Sighing, Taehyung looked at the ceiling instead. So fellow band member, favourite hyung and his long-time crush was sleeping in the same bed with him –it’s not a big deal. It surely didn’t matter that he was holding him, it surely didn’t matter that when he tried to move a little the grip on his waist tightened. Of course it didn’t mean anything that the elder muttered something that sounded like his name-oh.

“Tae don’t go.” This time it was as clear as a bell. It seemed to have a similar effect on him too because the sound kept ringing in his ears, echoing through the now empty space of his mind because all his thoughts had been pushed away. Taehyung swallowed the lump in his throat but couldn’t keep his eyes away anymore. He looked at his hair as he spoke up, “Yoongi hyung?” 

Yoongi’s eyes(his-whatever) fluttered open in surprise (just like his heart was fluttering) and a loud crash was heard from the living room; Taehyung thought it was his mind producing the appropriate sound for the occasion but his thoughts were interrupted by a voice that was undoubtedly Seokjin’s, “Kim Namjoon what did I say about stepping into the kitchen?!” followed by squeak of “Sorry hyung!” that could be described as an embarrassed Namjoon.

Yoongi immediately shuffled away from him, groaning when he tried to turn his head too quickly; he was probably sore due to sleeping in that position occupying less than half the bed. Taehyung sat up so quickly that it almost made him dizzy. Thank god for the almost.

“Ahh ugh okay. So I fell asleep. When I came last night, err, to talk. About, umm, the switch of course. Ugh it’s too early for this. We’re still like this?” Taehyung made a point not to dwell too much on the pink that dusted Yoongi’s cheek. He was probably embarrassed about cuddling him to sleep.

Taehyung nodded apologetically and Yoongi sighed. Yoongi was still lying down and went on to push his face further and further down against the pillow. Of course Taehyung thought it was endearing,

“You can sleep some more hyung.”

“ugh I wish I could sleep forever.” His voice sounded muffled. The boy then looked up and slightly cracked open one of his eyes, face contorted into a frown, “Did Namjoon break anything again?”

Taehyung giggled despite himself, knowing fully well that if the leader had indeed broken something again Seokjin would surely make Yoongi fix it. 

“ I guess he did.” Yoongi groaned and squished his face into the pillow, turning his body around so that he was lying with his face down.

“Well, you shouldn’t have to worry, I do! I’m you remember?” Yoongi looked up and saw Taehyung pouting. A small smile appeared on his face and he muttered a happy yes! Before shutting his eyes and burying his face in the pillow again.

“How can you even breathe like that hyung?” Yoongi grunted in response.

Taehyung unconsciously started fiddling with his fingers before speaking up again,“You wanted to talk hyung?”

“I…uh yeah. Practice was a mess yesterday.” The elder looked up slightly to give him a mischievous smile. Taehyung’s face burnt. “Ah-Ahhh hyung! We’re never talking about this again,” Yoongi snorted loudly and Taehyung couldn’t help but pout even more, “How do you even do it?”

“I guess I should’ve warned you not to wear those pants but you really wanted to dress me.” Yoongi smiled innocently but anyone who was not blind could see the twinkle in those eyes; it left him breathless. Taehyung was seriously screwed.

“Whatever hyung” he stuck his tongue out.

“Yeah.” Yoongi dropped his head on the pillow with a soft ‘oof’ yet again. “Well, since we’re like this and we don’t know how long this is going to last, we might as well practice being each other right? Especially since you’ll probably have to go onstage and do cypher.” Taehyung really did try to pay attention to those words but watching Yoongi roll around on his bed was taking up all his concentration.

“hmm?” he spoke up and Yoongi simply sighed and dragged himself into a sitting position, rubbing his eyes and grumbling, “ practice cypher Tae. We can’t disappoint the fans.”

“What?”

“I swear don’t make me repeat-“

“Are you saying I’m gonna have to do cypher instead of you?!”

“So you’d rather do me?”

To say that Taehyung looked like an overripe tomato would be an understatement.

“I-uhh. Umm what-no ugh. Hyung!” thank god Yoongi didn’t catch on as he simply chuckled.

“I always hate how pale my skin is. Look at how red you are.” Yoongi mused and Taehyung did his best to look away when he spoke, “I’m gonna have to do- perform cypher?”

Yoongi bit back another giggle, “and probably all other songs too Tae.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened and n response to it, Yoongi’s gaze softened, just like it had in that weird moment in the practice room the day before. And then much to Taehyung’s horror, the elder raised his hand up and cupped his face, his cheekbones-once, twice- before muttering in his sleep induced haze, “You’ll do fine don’t worry. We’ll practice. You already know the lyrics anyway.”

Call him stupid but he raised his own hand and held Yoongi’s.

 No really, please do call him stupid, what was he doing?!

He knew it was a mistake when Yoongi’s eyes widened and he dropped his hand, “I, umm, I should wash up.” And just like that the elder was gone.

It was platonic Kim Taehyung! Why do you have to overreact so much?! He clutched his sweater, trying to reduce the pounding of his heart but to no avail. The stupid thing kept pumping so much that he could almost hear it booming in his ears. Fantastic, why don’t you just jump out already heart? Wait no don’t. its Yoongi’s…I literally have Yoongi’s heart. Taehyung flinched at this sudden burst of cheesiness inside him and instead opted to leave the room to distract himself.

 

*********************-*******-*************************

I'M SO SORRY I HAD EXAMS. I'M GONNA FAIL PHYSICS. ANYWAY. please continue reading! Now the updates will be a bit more regular. Here, i'll make it up to you guys. I wrote a bangtan kidfic! Fluff fluff fluffy fluff. Please do check it out.