Chapter 2 (Taehyung POV)

I Am You (You Are Me)

“Yoongi hyung! We’re going to the studio, let’s go.” Namjoon called out from the hall. Taehyung wouldn’t have paid attention to that but then Namjoon was at the door of the room he was in (Yoongi’s room), and said, “You’re coming right?” Taehyung just stared back at him dumbly.

Great, now Taehyung would have to go to the studio and pretend to be the song writing genius Min Yoongi was. He really didn’t think this through when that MC asked him. But then again, he didn’t know this would actually happen. He pouted deeply and with a sigh, got up to open the cupboard to dress his hyung’s body for the outing.

“I’m coming hyungie!” he called out and almost immediately he heard a horrified gasp and something drop on the wooden floor with a loud thud right outside the room. Taehyung barely noticed Namjoon’s terrified expression before walking over and peeking around him to find Hoseok sitting on the floor, clutching his stomach because he was laughing too hard.

“Hyung? What’s so funny?” he asked innocently and Hoseok broke into giggles while pointing at him and then to Namjoon’s dumbstruck expression.

“Hyung! Wha-ts got-tten into you?” he managed to say between his breathless gasps for oxygen.

“What?” he asked, confused now. Why is this hyung so odd?

“Hyung, you’re scaring me.”Namjoon said, the now ringing phone in his hand long forgotten. Taehyung snorted on being referred to as hyung and grinned at the two males in front of him, “Why?” Hoseok stopped laughing and swallowed, his smile faltering.

“Because hyung you just called us hyung. Are you okay? Are you drunk?”

“Aish why does everyone think I’m drunk. You know I don’t drink that much.” Yoongi muttered as he started to make his way towards the bunch from the adjacent room but then stopped short when he looked at Taehyung and then the two other males present, who were looking back and forth between the two of them like they’d seen an alien. The sight of himself walking towards him baffled Taehyung yet again and that’s when he realized. Oh right. I’m hyung now.

“Tae, we’re not talking to you.” Hoseok said and Yoongi’s eyes bulged out and he raised an eyebrow but Hoseok and Namjoon ignored him to face Taehyung again, clearly used to the strange faces that Taehyung liked to make. But Taehyung’s eyes remained on Yoongi, who now looked like he was angry but then again, he couldn’t really tell with his hyung using his face. Yoongi wasn’t good at using his own face to express anything, let alone someone else’s.

“Ah-ahhhh Taehyung-ah, come help me decide what to wear.” Taehyung spoke loudly and carefully, because Yoongi looked like he was about to scold his Hoseokie hyung for talking down to him informally like that.

“Oh my god hyung pinch me. Yoongi hyung just asked Tae to help him dress to go to the studio” Hoseok emphasized all those words with air quotes and frantic hand gestures and Namjoon shook his head in plain disbelief before walking out without a word.

“Why, what’s wrong with Taehyung dressing-“ Yoongi faltered ,”umm me helping Yoongi hyung dress?”

Hoseok snorted and said, “What’s this Tae? You’re referring to yourself in third person?”

“Its my new style.”Yoongi deadpanned and Hoseok shrugged and looked back at Taehyung, “Seriously though hyung?”

Taehyung was bit offended that Hoseok believed it really was his style, it totally wasn’t! but he replied with a shrug of his own. 

This time, it was Hoseok who walked out of the room without a word.

Taehyung shut the door and groaned, “Hyung~ This is not that fun!” the voice he heard felt so strange that he shuddered. Yoongi would never whine like that. Great, he couldn’t even whine now. The thought made him want to do it even more but he held back.

He heard himself sigh, which meant that Yoongi had sighed and so he looked up at his own body. More like through his own body, at his Yoongi hyung. His hyung who always had the answers.

“Tae…” Yoongi took a step forward, “Tae I’ll come with you to the studio okay? We’ll figure this out.”

Taehyung nodded. He dragged his feet so that he was close to the bed and plopped down on it before looking at Yoongi again. Taehyung pouted.

“Ugh don’t do that with my face Tae”

“Hyung! I can’t even whine and complaint, it sounds all wrong coming from your mouth!”

Yoongi chuckled and sat beside him, “ and yet you’re still whining.”

“Hyung!” he buried his face in the crook of his own neck, meaning, he tried to hug Yoongi, who easily wrapped his arms around the younger.

“Tae, do I never let you help pick out my clothes?”

“No hyung, you’ve never asked me before.”

“But I don’t ask anyone.” 

“I know hyung.”

“So why did Hoseok make it sound like asking you was bad?”

“Because Hoseok hyung calls my fashion style strange.”

“Its not strange.”

“Its not?”

“No.”

“Damn, I’ll have to try harder to make it look strange.”

“Why?”

“Because I like to be different.” Yoongi chuckled.

“You are.”

“That’s good. Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“Were you angry because Hoseok hyung talked down to you?”

“No, I was angry because they talked down to you.”

“But they didn’t. I am younger, remember?”

“But still, that doesn’t mean they can cut you out of the conversation like that!”

“Hyung, they’re just scared because we’re not ourselves. They aren’t mean to me. Don’t worry about it.”

“Are you sure Tae?”

“Of course I am. Seokjinnie hyung and Namjoonie hyung and Hoseokie hyung, all of them love me.”

“Yes but who is your favourite?” Yoongi asked with a playful smirk.

“You.”

Suddenly Yoongi’s body went rigid and he sat up straighter. Looking at him, Taehyung figured that his hyung looked doubtful but then he was holding back a smile. He chuckled a little and sat up as well.

“Really? Thanks, I guess.” His hyung couldn’t hide his smile now.

It were times like these when Taehyung’s heart beat quickened and blood rushed up to his face. No matter how grumpy and bored and indifferent Min Yoongi seemed to the rest of the world, he knew that it was him who cared the most. About every single member of Bangtan. And most importantly, about him.

It was safe to say that he loved his hyung. Yes, more than as a friend. Or just a hyung. Taehyung loved Yoongi, and the elder had no clue. It was not just the silly reason of him loving Yoongi’s part in a song that made him decide that he wanted to be him though he most certainly did love the song a lot. No, it was because he wanted to be in his hyung’s shoes for a while, to try and know him better, to see what he needed and to know what he wanted. Taehyung loved Yoongi ever since they first met. Taehyung loved Yoongi, and his crush wasn’t making things easier by being so nice and thoughtful towards him because Taehyung had long accepted the fact that Yoongi would never love him back like that.

“Hyung what do you want to wear?”

“Why don’t you choose Tae?”

Taehyung visibly brightened at the suggestion and it made Yoongi laugh, “Yah, you look too excited to be me.”

Taehyung didn’t bother to answer back as he jumped up and rushed to the closet to pick out his clothes. He rushed through the hangers and the ocean of black that was Yoongi’s tee-shirts and sweaters before finding a light blue sweater. It was worn and old, the fabric jutting out unevenly at the edge of the sleeves but it was perfect. Taehyung knew that because he’d seen Yoongi wear it a few years back and he remembered thinking how amazing it looked on his hyung. He pulled it and showed it to Yoongi.

“This?” his hyung looked amused, but once again, Taehyung couldn’t tell.

“You’ll look so good in this hyung!” he grinned at the elder who looked like he was blushing. Taehyung was getting a bit frustrated now, he didn’t know it would be this hard to read his own face when everyone around him kept telling him that he was an open book and that anybody could tell what he was thinking.

“umm okay. I don’t need a shower now so, umm, don’t bother.” Right. Who knew showers could be a problem? Who knew bathrooms could be such scary places? The idea of Yoongi taking his body to the bathroom made him cringe.

 Yoongi started to walk out, “I’ll go dress you up too.”

“Hyung?”

“Yeah?” he turned around halfway.

“Please not black.”

Yoongi grimaced and Taehyung laughed. Yoongi rolled his eyes and started to walk out again. Taehyung quieted down abruptly and called out again, softly this time, “Hyung?”

“Hmm?”

“Please don’t look.” His throat felt dry and he was sure his cheeks were completely red and so he looked away.

“Oh-um okay. Right. Uhh-You too?” Taehyung nodded frantically. Yoongi speed walked out of the room.

                                                                      *****************

After dressing up, Taehyung stepped out to go the kitchen and found Jungkook gorging down a whole pancake.

“You idiot, you’ll choke on it.”

Jungkook shrugged before speaking with his mouth full of food, “goffa go foo the stufio remember?”

Taehyung shrugged and joined the maknae who stopped and stared at him with wide eyes.

“Whaf? I goffa go foo.”

Seokjin barged in and hit them both upside the head, nagging about them being kids and then he looked at Taehyung like, “Yoongi, you too?”

But the grin full of food that he received in return shut him up effectively.