Chapter 5 (Yoongi POV, OHMYGOD I LOVE THE MIXTAPE)

I Am You (You Are Me)

Min Yoongi really did not know what he was doing at that moment, maybe the craziness of the events of that day had finally caught upto him and his ed up mind was acting out of exhaustion, but he found himself dragging his feet to his room anyway, the room that was currently being inhabited by a certain younger boy who apparently had a crush on him. He could not believe it, how could Taehyung like him? Like that? Up until then he didn’t even know if he had liked boys at all.

He stopped short at the entrance, not sure how to proceed with any kind of conversation with Taehyung. What would he even say to him? Maybe they could talk about the switch, that sounds like something important enough right? But it really wasn’t so important to Yoongi anymore, just the thought that a fellow member liked him made him shake his head in panic. Especially the very member he’d actually thought about in that way. Maybe Jungkook misheard, he told himself. He peeked inside and found Taehyung sitting on the bed and giggling away. He followed his gaze to the mirror hung up on the wall and his eyebrows furrowed. He’s laughing at my face?

He looked back at Taehyung and found the younger running his hands through his hair-Yoongi’s hair, and felt a blush rise upto his cheeks. The way Taehyung slowly caressed his features made the hair at that back of his neck rise up in alarm. So it was true, Kim Taehyung, his adorable dongseng liked him. And it scared him, scared him a lot, because he knew- he had always known there was something different in the way he treated the younger. He noticed the difference in his attitude towards the others, he noticed that Kim Taehyung had a different effect on him. He could never stay mad at the goddamn annoying 21 year old. He seeked his company when he was at his lowest and oh how it hurt him when he found Taehyung sad. Kim Taehyung was the light he saw at the end of a deep, dark tunnel- his optimism a savior when Yoongi was sad, alone, distressed. He knew that if he let it, he’d end up falling headfirst for the younger in less than a second and so he’d always been careful, always told himself that he was nothing more than a dongseng to him, a colleague, a friend, nothing more. Never.

But he’d always known that it was a lie, that he knew and all the members knew of his certain soft spot for Taehyung. Granted he treated all of the maknae line with that strange kind of fondness and that he was always protective of them, but with Taehyung it was always different.

He remembered when Taehyung had told him he hated being himself this morning when they woke up as each other. He remembered the pangs he had felt in his chest on hearing those words. He remembered Taehyung telling him that he had been waiting for him to go sit in the car this afternoon. He remembered feeling oddly giddy but also concerned at the way he had looked so sad and confused. 

Suddenly, he noticed that Taehyung had lied back down on the bed, and he walked closer to the younger unconsciously. He was asleep. And there was the mark of dried tears down his face that made Yoongi swallow the newly forming lump in his throat. He softly called out the boy’s name, to check if he was actually asleep, and breathed a sigh of relief when he didn’t hear a reply. He slowly, carefully sat beside the younger and touched his face ever so slightly. He had made Kim Taehyung sad. And he hated himself for it because Kim Taehyung was a ray of sunshine. He deserved all the happiness in the world.

And that’s when it hit him completely, forcing the air out of his lungs in a sharp gust of carbon dioxide. The memories of the last three years spent with the younger came crashing down on him. Every word ever spoken, every touch, every smile- he wondered for how long Taehyung had liked him. For how long he himself had liked him and ignored it. For how long Taehyung had been hurting all because of him. He remembered staring at Taehyung’s face, his lips earlier that day at the practice room and he remembered feeling frustrated because he was watching his own face, not the one he had wanted to see so badly. He had wondered if they were close enough that he could just tilt his head and kiss the younger, but quickly forced the thought away, because why would he do that? Besides kissing himself was not something he wanted to do, wouldn’t that be weird?

But he had wanted to kiss him so badly. Because Yoongi liked Taehyung.

He sighed again and slowly, with shaking hands, touched Taehyung’s face, which was his own unfortunately, before slowly reaching out and pulling the blanket bundled at his feet protectively around his body. He sat there for what seemed like hours, pondering on what to do next, about the multiple situations that involved Kim Taehyung, the soul switch, the obvious self hate the younger had for himself and of course- the part about their massive crushes on each other, but Min Yoongi hadn’t slept properly in days. Soon, his eyes began to droop a little, head swaying with exhaustion and before he knew it, he had settled down on the bed as well, head tucked in where Taehyung’s(his) neck was, and he fell asleep.