Chapter 3 (Yoongi POV)

I Am You (You Are Me)

 

“Ah Namjoon-ah,err Namjoon-ah…hyung! No, Namjoon-ie Hyung? Ugh screw it. Hyung,”
Namjoon looked like he was about to run for his life, Yoongi quickly composed himself for his sake.
“I’m going to the studio as well.”
“Umm, sure but why?”
“I’ve got some ideas. Err, Yoongi hyung said I could help.” Namjoon looked a little surprised but he simply shrugged and nodded once.
And suddenly, there was a heavy weight hanging onto Yoongi’s back and he almost fell because of it. He shrugged the person off before turning around to face him. Hoseok grinned at him happily. Oh dear lord, this guy doesn’t know what he’s just got himself into.
“What the .” He hissed. Hoseok’s eyes widened as he looked at him like he’d dropped from the sky, “Taetae who taught you to curse at your hyungs like that?”
Yoongi glared at him.
Hoseok pretended to clutch his heart in fear before narrowing his eyes and smacking his head, “brat.”
Yoongi stared at him with wide eyes but the idiot just walked away indifferently. Oh Jung Hoseok, you don’t even know that you’ve just signed your own death warrant. Pray for Hope J-Hope, because you’re about to become J-Dead, Yoongi thought as he tilted his head and cracked his knuckles, narrowing his eyes at the retreating figure of Hoseok. Through the corner of his eyes, he noticed Namjoon watching him with a startled expression, muttering under his breath.
“What?” he snapped at him and Namjoon shook his head a little too quickly and walked away calling for Seokjin. Aish this kid, always hanging onto his hyung.
“Oh my god Tae who’re you planning to kill?” arms wrapped around his neck and he mentally groaned, why couldn’t people keep their hands off Tae? he turned around to face Jimin smiling at him brightly and he instinctively smiled back a little, don’t blame him, the boy’s smile was contagious.
“Hey Jimin.”
“Woah, why are you being so serious? Are you okay? Did I do something?” Jimin pulled his arms back and stared at Yoongi worriedly.
He shook his head no, “ Nah, I was just planning on how to kill Hobi. Hyung, Hobi hyung.”
Jimin’s eyes widened in amusement, “Why?”
“He called me a brat.”
Jimin chuckled, “But he always does.”
“and he hit my head”
“but he always does that too.”
“What? Really?” Yoongi asked, “Tell me Jimin, do Hoseok hyung and Namjoon hyung bully you a lot?”
Jimin laughed nervously this time, “Of course not Tae, what are you talking about?”
Yoongi hummed, brats, you’ve been saved by Jimin.
“Ah, is it because only Yoongi hyung is allowed to call you that?” Jimin wriggled his eyebrows at him.
“What?”
“Tae~” Jimin said in a sing-song tone, “Don’t you pretend anymore, you’ve already told me.”
“Told you what?”
“Taehyung-ah!” Yoongi whipped his head around at the sound of his own voice. “Yah you’re coming right? Hurry up.” Taehyung walked past him, barely sparing him a glance. He watched Taehyung leave, who for some reason was walking extremely slowly, while dragging his feet. There was a long pause as Jimin and Yoongi watched Taehyung and Yoongi understood belatedly that the boy was trying to imitate the way he walks (and failing miserably). Finally, Taehyung stopped at the door and turned around dramatically to face him-blowing stray strands of hair away from his face, “Yah you brat, come quickly!”
Yoongi raised an eyebrow. Taehyung was quick to let go of the act and proceeded to grin so wide that Yoongi’s face muscles would surely ache later. He hopped and screamed, “this is so cool!!!!” before running out the door. Yoongi chuckled.
“What’s up with him?” Jimin laughed beside him.
“He’s just very drunk.”
Jimin shrugged and nodded.
“YAH PARK JIMIN! WHY DID YOU JUST BELIEVE THAT?”
“…because you said so?”
Yoongi stomped away to go sit in the car.
*********

After an hour of Taehyung screaming in the car and Yoongi uselessly trying to sleep through it, they were finally at the studio. Normally, Hoseok joined Taehyung in being noisy but today, the poor guy looked like he was afraid he was going crazy, watching Min Yoongi sing off-key to the girl group songs playing on the radio. Occasionally Taehyung would turn to Yoongi to scream in his ear, “Ohmygod hyung I can’t sing your voice hahahahaha.” And normally, Yoongi would’ve been offended but their situation right now was anything but normal and he made sure he was making the most out of it by capturing Namjoon, Jungkook and Hoseok’s priceless expressions on his phone.
“Namjoon…hyung, I think we should do baepsae for the fans at the concert, they seem to really like it. And we should totally do tomorrow. It’s been a while. I’ve already started working on cypher pt.4, (Hoseok barked out a laugh, Yoongi’s glare made him shut up- maybe not in fear but in confusion) maybe we can reveal it at the concert, just a little. And maybe we could have the dance line do a piece? Something different, like have them dance contemp to the run ballad version? I don’t know, Jimin would have better ideas, Hoseok, Jungkook what do you think?”
If Yoongi was to be precise, Hoseok and Namjoon looked like o.O and Jungkook snorted loudly, which is how he realized that he’d forgotten to add honorifics yet again.
“Umm Tae that’s not a bad idea. Sure, uhh, Yoongi hyung?” Namjoon looked surprised as he turned to face Taehyung (Yoongi-Taehyung, as in Tae in Yoongi’s body, ugh, this was really giving Yoongi a migrane)
All four of them, Namjoon, Hoseok, Jungkook and Yoongi turned to face Taehyung, who had his face squished against the glass windows of the room. Jungkook was quick to snap a picture of the boy as he muttered a little, “gotta show this to Jiminie hyung”.
“Uhh Yoongi hyung?” Namjoon muttered curiously.
“Ahh ah Jungkookie look! It’s snowing!! It’s pretty isn’t it?”
Yoongi cleared his throat and the boy turned around, eyes wide and most of his teeth bared as he grinned.
“Hyung you’ve got to look, it’s really pretty.” Taehyung tugged at his sleeves, face turning around yet again to look at the scene unfolding outside their little room in the company building.
Jungkook patted his hand and once Yoongi turned to face him, the boy mouthed, “What’s wrong with him?”
“Yoongi hyung had a little too much to drink last night and his mind has gone into cultural shock after watching a documentary on the duck-billed platypus online.” Yoongi deadpanned, just to check his friends’ reactions, who just stared at him confused before turning back to Taehyung. Yoongi sighed. They take Taehyung’s weirdness for granted these days, such brats. Taehyung was anything but weird. His thoughts were unique, he saw the beauty in everything, Yoongi could guarantee it as he walked over and stared out the window and watched the brilliant whitewash. Soon, his gaze settled on his own face, staring out the window in wonder. His face looked happy, he didn’t know if he was ever actually as happy as he looked now. He craved the peace and the optimism, but most times, he got none. The expectations were too much, Yoongi just couldn’t bring himself to care about these things. But Taehyung, It was who Taehyung was- He was bright. He was pure. He was beautiful.
“Tae,” he whispered moving a little close to the boy, “it’s beautiful.” He patted the boy’s shoulder and he turned around once again to face is hyung with a smile, but it faltered, once he saw that the older boy’s expression was almost sad.
“What’s wrong hyung?” Taehyung asked quietly. Yoongi smiled as he thought how wrong everybody was when they judged Taehyung as someone who was always loud. Yoongi wanted to scream to the world about how amazing Kim Taehyung really was, how perceptive when it came to the members and when they were facing problems. The concern in the boy’s eyes, though they were his eyes, made Yoongi’s heart flutter with warmth. He shook his head no and pulled the boy away from his window, “come on, we need to work now.”. Taehyung held his hand as he walked towards where the rest of them were watching them with open mouths.
Namjoon cleared his throat. And they worked for the next two hours- Yoongi( to them it was Taehyung) giving them ideas and the members responding with impressed expressions before looking at Taehyung(Yoongi), as if for approval. Taehyung absent-mindedly nodded to everything Yoongi suggested, occasionally muttering a “wow hyung good idea.” which was ignored by the members after the first few times they tried to ask him why he was calling him hyung. As if watching Taehyung give such ideas, Jungkook was inspired to share some of his and Yoongi was extremely proud, and a little conflicted, as he thought of why the younger ones were not generally included in the planning process. It was not intentional, but it almost always ended with Namjoon and Yoongi deciding these things, Hoseok helping them out occasionally. Yoongi was angry at himself, for not realizing this sooner. They were all equals in this after all.
It was with such thoughts he walked out of the studio with Namjoon- once they finished wrapping things up as the others waited outside (Oh my god Tae you’ve gotten so good at this! I’m proud of you. But I wonder what’s up with Yoongi hyung- he barely said a word). Namjoon was called away again and Yoongi walked downstairs alone, frowning when he spotted Taehyung standing at the door of the building, hands wrapped around his torso. He silently walked towards the boy and stood beside him, “Tae, are you cold?”
The boy nodded, eyes still intensely gazing at something in the distance. Yoongi took off the jacket he was wearing and wrapped it around the younger, who clutched it and gave him a brief, grateful look before turning away again.
“That sweater’s not very warm.” He muttered awkwardly and Taehyung nodded.
“Where are those two idiots?” Yoongi asked him, he did not really care but he was trying to talk to the younger who seemed determined not to say a word after about an hour or so into the planning session.
“They’re waiting in the car.”
“Why didn’t you go as well?”
“I was waiting for hyung.”
“Do…do you wanna talk about something?”
“umm hyung?” he faced him, “I just, I…”
“Just say it Tae.”
“I just felt pretty useless when they turned to me for suggestions, and I swear I had some ideas! I just, didn’t know if they were good enough…and if I said it while i’m you- I didn’t know how they would react, you’re always coming up with such nice things, I-“ he closed his eyes and sighed.
“I don’t know…” he ducked his head down to stare at his shoes.
“Tae, I’ve been thinking about something similar, I uhh noticed how we’ve never asked you all for ideas and even if we have, we end up going with our ideas anyway, and I’m sorry. I’m sorry if we- if I make you feel inadequate or something. “
Taehyung shook his head no before he could complete what he had to say, “It’s not your fault hyung. We look up to you. I realize that it must be a burden sometimes. But don’t worry too much, you’ll always be amazing.” He smiled a small smile, a redness appearing on his cheeks.
Yoongi smiled too, “Tae, tell me your ideas. We’ll definitely try something out.”
And at that the boy broke into a fully fledged smile.
***********************

Once they were all settled in the van manager hyung had got for the day, Jungkook poked his sides playfully from beside him, “Look who’s Yoongi hyung’s favourite.” Yoongi’s eyes wandered from where Taehyung was sitting in Yoongi’s usual seat (the passenger seat) to Jungkook.
Yoongi stared back at him dumbly as Jungkook continued
“ You must be so happy hyung. I’m happy for you too. And those ideas you came up with today, all of them were so good, and those lyrics! I bet Yoongi hyung can never call your songs childish again.”
Yoongi flinched as a distant memory appeared in his mind. He’d really said that to Taehyung, in a moment of extreme frustration. Damn him and his frustration for making the boy feel bad.
“ I was…really sad, wasn’t i?”
“Yeah, you wouldn’t sleep for days. Of course you remember.”
Invisible knifes stabbed his heart. Yoongi nodded along.
“I don’t hate Yoongi hyung…right?” Yoongi was just making sure of this, to be honest, he was prepared for Jungkook to tell him that of course Taehyung hated him, any sane person would.
Jungkook laughed a little, “what are you talking about, you love him.” The boy wriggled his eyebrows suggestively.
Yoongi was struck dumb yet again, “I…of course I do. He’s a hyung?” He said unsurely and Jungkook snickered playfully, “Hyung, really, back when you told Jiminie hyung and I was in the room too, I heard. I thought you knew, I wasn’t sleeping.”
“Told…what?” though Yoongi already knew.
Jungkook rolled his eyes, “That you like him. You like Yoongi hyung.”