Chapter 4 (Taehyung POV)

I Am You (You Are Me)

“Okay boys, we’re doing war of hormone. Positions!”,their dance teacher yelled and the boys had proceeded to go stand at their respective positions. When the music finally started, Taehyung by habit, entered before Yoongi did and it was completely normal for the two of them, but all the others noticed and much to the two boys’ confusion, the dance teacher instructed them to restart. They glanced at each other and Yoongi grunted and mouthed my part and pointed at him. Momentary panic seized Taehyung but he swallowed and nodded nervously. He knew Yoongi’s steps, he could do it. So they started practice again, and things were finally going smoothly-as smoothly as they could, since Taehyung and Yoongi were really struggling to do each other’s parts, occasionally bumping into the members, but their dance instructor let them off the hook probably because it had been a while since they had performed the track and the boys were allowed to be a bit rusty. But then it was Yoongi’s part.

As soon as Taehyung remembered what he was supposed to do at the beginning of the verse,( which was a second too late), he started gesturing wildly as he took a few steps forward, trying his best to look like Yoongi, breathed a sigh of relief when their instructor didn’t ask them to redo it. But then suddenly Jungkook was crouching in front of him, ready to hoist him up on his shoulders-and Taehyung froze but recovered just as quickly, positioning himself. Jungkook lifted him up, and all hell broke loose…. in Taehyung’s pants. 

To say Jungkook’s hair was messy was an understatement. His raven hair was almost always poking out at odd angles when it was not properly styled or gelled. Especially when it was not even brushed, like today. Damn Kookie and his hair, because now the strands were poking and invading his personal space through the pores in his pant and it was tickling Taehyung’s thighs. So so hard that he would’ve fallen down. He tried to push away the boy’s hair while trying not to fall at the same time repeatedly. But a particular shove at the boy’s head had been too hard and Jungkook stood still. “Put me down.” Taehyung whispered quietly in the boy’s ear. He let Taehyung down gently before standing up and rubbing at the back of his head, expression completely blank. Their dance instructor stopped the music and asked the question Taehyung knew Jungkook wanted to ask, “What’s wrong?”

“Um-uh I thought I messed up a little.” Taehyung squirmed under their gazes, pulled at his pants as subtly as he could and offered a small smile. Jungkook nodded quietly, “Yes hyung, please be closer to my neck or my back hurts trying to keep you up.” Jungkook had said good-naturedly. All the others were back to their positions, oblivious to a certain Kim Taehyung trapped in a shorter body, trying to stop his cheeks from reddening any further. Closer?

They started again and soon, it was Yoongi’s part again. Taehyung really did try to keep a straight face as he mounted the maknae’s shoulders but he could feel his control slipping and he stopped Jungkook again. As soon as Jungkook let him down, a bit annoyed this time, Taehyung shuffled backwards, “Sorry! I’m sorry!” Taehyung yelled as he tried to control the giggle that was threatening to burst out any minute now.

The members all stared at him with their mouths hanging open. Their dance teacher looked pissed.

“What happened?” he snapped and Taehyung finally let go, “Kookie…” he broke into a fit of giggles as he dropped down to squat on the floor, “Kookie’s hair….tickles.” and he brought his knees closer to his body, laughing so hard that his voice vanished and his jaws hurt. A look of understanding flashed on everyone’s faces which was soon followed by mortification on Yoongi’s(actual Yoongi) and Jungkook’s faces and one of pure joy on everybody else’s. All of them broke into an obnoxiously loud laughing fit as Jungkook pulled at his hair, trying to smoothen it out, a blush making its way to his face all the way upto the tip of ears. The laughing eventually got the best of their instructor too and soon he joined them on the floor. Taehyung wondered how Hoseok’s face could stretch that wide when he noticed Yoongi chuckling, a hand covering is face, at another end of the practice room. As if noticing Taehyung’s eyes on him, Yoongi dropped his hand down and looked at Taehyung with a grin so wide and with such fondness in his eyes that it warmed Taehyung’s heart. His cheeks would probably be tinting red but he looked at his hyung with a small grin. It was Yoongi who looked away first, cheeks reddening at an alarming rate, as if he could read Taehyung’s thoughts. Taehyung shuddered a little at the thought, no, Yoongi couldn’t know about his embarrassing crush on the elder. God, that would be horrible.

“Okay, okay boys. Back to work!” their teacher yelled and they got up, rubbing at their overflowing eyes. He patted Jungkook on the shoulder lightly and the boy muttered an apology, cheeks reddening yet again. Taehyung wondered if he would get the same reaction if he was in his own body. The answer was obviously no, Jungkook would probably punch his arm and it would hurt for an eternity because boy, was the maknae strong. That was what he did every time Taehyung annoyed him, which was very often but he just couldn’t help it, Jungkook was too cute. Taehyung shook his head and took his position again.

“You know what, why don’t we do something else for now?” their dance instructor said and the boys laughed yet again before agreeing to it.

They practiced for hours, perfecting every simple little thing because the A.R.M.Ys deserved the best. After dancing to fire one last time, their dance instructor gave them the day off and all the boys proceeded to collapse on the floor out of exhaustion. Yoongi- Taehyung noticed, with his body straight and an arm resting on his stomach, was lying down in a way that anyone would’ve thought he was actually asleep. Maybe he really was, you could never tell with Yoongi. He crouched down beside his body and stared at the older. Taehyung pretended that he was actually looking at Yoongi and not his own face and the thought made him smile. Yoongi was the cutest when he was asleep, not so much after that though. He chuckled quietly but the sound was enough to cause the elder’s eyes to flutter open and suddenly, he could feel the tension. 

Yoongi’s eyes (Tae’s) widened for a moment but then something in them changed. Taehyung could feel the intensity of the elder’s gaze. He looked at his eyes in an attempt to unravel the elder’s thoughts as the boy had always found Yoongi’s eyes to be extremely expressive and in such difficult times where their souls had switched bodies, he found it was the only way to look at his hyung-through his eyes. Most times, he looked completely bored, but his eyes spoke volumes and though sometimes, he could understand what the elder was thinking, sometimes he simply couldn’t. Right now there was something in those eyes, an emotion that Taehyung couldn’t quite put his finger on but it had captivated the younger and both of them were trapped in the moment. Taehyung didn’t mind; he loved having Yoongi all to himself, but it wasn’t like Yoongi to do this, to just stare for so long and not even ask him why the was he staring at him like that. His eyeballs shifted ever so slightly, quickly, he must be looking at his own features. That was probably it, maybe the elder was simply baffled by looking at his face in 3D, Taehyung thought. He detected confusion, frustration and something else that had made the elder’s gaze soften. But then the elder’s gaze dropped to what Taehyung could only assume were his lips and Taehyung let out an audible gasp. That did the trick for them to break out of their little time out and Taehyung scrambled up to his feet quickly. He looked around to see if any of the others had seen them and noticed Jimin eyeing them wearily from a corner in the room but as soon as he saw Taehyung(for him it was Yoongi) looking at him, the boy smiled a little and walked over to Yoongi(Taehyung’s form) before pulling him up with a “Come on Tae, let’s go! You know I’m tired, I was here with Seokjin hyung two hours before you guys got here. I’m really kind of hungry.”

“Jimin, how can you be ‘really kinda’ hungry? If you are hungry just say so. You need to eat well.” Yoongi said to the boy and it made both Taehyung and Jimin smile, though Taehyung did notice that his hyung spoke shakily and that his own cheeks still felt very warm.

“Aw Tae, you’re an angel.” Jimin giggled but stopped abruptly when he noticed Jungkook walking towards him. The younger boy simply held Jimin’s hand and started to pull him out of the room. Jimin yelped, “Kookie what are you doing?”

“I’m taking you out to eat Jimin, you can’t be skipping meals again.”

“Jungkookie I’m not skipping meals, it’s okay. Besides, its hyung to you.” Jimin hit the younger lightly but kept their hands intertwined nonetheless. Jungkook flashed him a grin and Taehyung could actually see Jimin turn red. 

Namjoon chuckled a bit, “Did they get married or something? They’re behaving like a couple.”

“I wish they would get together soon” he found himself speaking and Seokjin let out a high pitched giggle, “Yoongi I didn’t know you shipped Jikook.”

“Of course I do, that little has been eating my ear off talking about Jimin for about a year now.” All eyes turned to Yoongi (Taehyung’s body) and Hoseok laughed nervously. Taehyung was shocked, because of course Jimin’s side of the story was the same, Jimin had told him, but he had never thought Jungkook would speak to Yoongi about it.

“Really hyung? Jungkookie told you? Because Jimin too…” he’d finally found the courage to speak to the boy again and Yoongi looked a bit surprised but then nodded as if it made perfect sense. Taehyung found himself laughing nervously. He was happy for his best friend and his dongseng. The feelings were mutual! If only it was the same case for Yoongi and him, he thought about the events from earlier and cringed. But quickly shook his head to shake off the thought and smiled again. He found the others looking at him curiously.

“Okay Yoongi hyung that’s enough, why do you keep calling Tae Hyung? You’re calling us hyung too!” it was Hoseok who spoke.

He heard Yoongi cough a little, staring at him in a concerned way.

“because I am Taehyung and you’re all my sweet little hyungs~” he dashed forward and pinched Hoseok’s cheek before running out of the practice room. He could hear Yoongi laughing behind him.

They were home soon, lounging around the dorm as Seokjin busied himself in the kitchen and the others all tried to help him. Nobody came to him or Yoongi of course, they’d had enough weirdness for a day, Taehyung thought as he stared at the room’s ceiling, sprawled on Yoongi’s bed. A sudden thought made him sit up and turn around to face a mirror on the wall. He found Min Yoongi staring back at him curiously. Taehyung giggled. He could see Yoongi whenever he wanted too, maybe the idea of the soul switch wasn’t that bad, even if he’d banged his head on the bathroom walls multiple times while trying not to look at the elder’s body.

He stared at the face he fell in love with, softly caressing his cheeks and running a hand through his dyed gray hair that he’d always dreamt of touching. He puffed his cheeks out and giggled at the cuteness staring back at him through the mirror, but stopped to gasp because holy , Yoongi’s smile was perfect. He was beautiful. He hugged himself and watched Yoongi do the same in the mirror, but his happiness was short lived, as he realized he didn’t actually see Yoongi do all this. He made him do it. Whatever this was, it was all a lie, Min Yoongi could never be his. Without knowing that he had been tearing up, Taehyung pulled his hands back to lie limply at his sides. He turned back around and lied down again, looking at the ceiling with a blank look he wondered what the elder was doing as he fell asleep, completely oblivious to the presence of Min Yoongi at his door.