EIGHTEEN.

Runaway You

“Geez. You are such a light drinker, aren’t you?” Seungcheol groaned after gulping his last cup. You were in front of him, knocked off on your arms fighting headache after the amount of soju you drank. Even though you were in an urge to doze off, but you still heard him talking.

“I can’t get up; I want to sleep.” You mumbled, feeling your body was heavy and your mind became blur gradually.

Seungcheol stood up immediately from his seat. “don’t sleep here. Let’s go back to the hospital.”  He nudged your arm but you shrugged his hand.

“I want to sleep on a bed. I hate hospital smell, hurt my nose.” You said, half aware of what you had uttered.

He softened at your word but he didn’t know what to do to you. He knew you had been in the hospital for 3 days and didn’t even consider to leave your grandma in the hospital alone. He also knew how you always uncomfortably slept sitting next to your grandma’s bed or in the waiting room just because the chamber didn’t provide a couch for guardians.

Your eye bags proved how much you had endured from being lack of consideration of your own need. And that was made him adore you. You are just pure and kind, he hadn’t ever met someone so selfless like you and he didn’t want to take it for granted.

He kneeled beside you just to wake you up again, but you already fell into deep sleep. He could sense how hard you were drunk from the reek of your breath. He didn’t know why he couldn’t find it annoying, instead, he caressed your hair away from your face while thinking how naïve you were in front of Somi a few moments ago.

“You just wanted to show off in front of her, didn’t you? That you carelessly gulped the whole bottle.” He chuckled. You didn’t reply though and he didn’t want you to listen either. “come on. Let’s go back.” He told himself.

He slung your arm over his shoulder and leaned closer to get your purse on the other side but your soft breath brushed his left ear, this time Seungcheol tried his best not get his heart uncontrolled, he gulped eerily and focused on supporting you to get up. As he fastened your arm him, your head shifted and landed on Seungcheol’s neck.

His heart went wild at the moment. His eyes glued straight at the front while he hardly managed his crazy mind. He repelled the thought away as his other arm held on your waist to help you walk.

“slowly… slowly…please…” you opened your eyes when you felt major movement around your body.

He stealthily smiled, “noted.” and he walked you back to the hospital.

-

Your grandmother was discharged from the hospital the next day. The doctor allowed her after he made sure her condition was normal again.

“thank you, doctor Lee.” You met him in his room for the last time before you left the hospital. Both of you bowed to each other.

“Your welcome, Ms. Eunhee.” He smiled, “May your grandmother always be healthy and if you don’t mind, you can call me Jihoon, I think we were at the same age”

You tilted your head as you observed his looks. He indeed looked like a young doctor, but you didn’t expect him to be this modest towards her. But you were glad he said that.

“Oh well, okay, Jihoon.” She repeated.

“Maybe we can be friends too, I can give you advice for your grandmother.”

“really? I will be grateful if you prefer.” She beamed widely. Both of you ended exchanged contact and then you left his room.

Your grandmother was ready to go and Seungcheol drove two of you back home but Seungcheol seemed to have something to do somewhere after you escorted your grandmother back to her room you met Seungcheol outside.

“Thanks for helping me take care of my grandmother these days,” You looked at him and give him a lunchbox you had prepared quickly.

He accepted it happily, “anytime.”

Suddenly his hand reached your head and ruffled your hair gently while smiling, “thank you, Eunhee. See you at dinner.” He said and headed to his car and sped up.

You didn’t move an inch from where you were standing at. You just nervously nodded at his sudden contact. You couldn’t think straight, it was so quick yet so sweet, she couldn’t tame butterflies inside her stomach. He even said he would come at dinner and that meant he wouldn’t go for a long time again.

When he was gone, she could only have recalled the moment while fiddling with her fingers and smiled stupidly.


AUTHOR NOTE:

PLOT DEVELOPMENT. PLOT DEVELOPMENT. Only plot development in my mind now.