TWO.

Runaway You

 

You walked reluctantly, there’s obviously culprit of persecution 5 meters in front of you. You told him to walk ahead of you in case he had planned to harm you. That was thing you regret from helping a guy with an extra complex background like him. He was walking by your lead. You taught him when or where to go.

Sometimes you planned to secretly run away when he didn’t see. But your life could be threatened if he chased after you and kill you mercilessly before you could buy anything from your first salary. *tonight is supposed to be a very beautiful night for me and grandmother, but look at me now, met a random psychopath in my own neighborhood and got threatened to death…*

“Hey, where are we going now?” He stopped at the intersection. His monotonous voice wake you up to real life. You couldn’t see his feature because of the darkness.

“Turn right, we’re close to my house.” You replied coldly.

When both of you reach your house you told him to wait because you should check on your grandmother and keep him in secret tonight and great you haven’t think about where would it be.

“You’re allowed to enter if I say you can,” You commanded. He shrugged expressionlessly.

After you checked on your grandmother and ensure she’s already sleep you peeked from the door and told him to come in the house. When your house’s lamp illumined him from the above. Your world seemed to stop for few heart beats. You skipped a beat and almost lack of breath. He doesn’t look like what you had imagined. His raven hair fell on her forehead gave an innocent impression with his slender eyes and long eyelashes, he is look alike a little brother. But strong aura you felt before is probably coming from those strong jaw and arched eyebrows, now you thought he must be older than you. You couldn’t stop staring at these charms, now your heart moved a bit about the thought of him being a criminal. How could such a nice looking guy, beat someone until they suffer amnesia.

“Why are you looking at me like that?” Once again he woke you from your imagination. Your cheeks was burning hot after hearing his deep manly voice complemented all of the handsomeness.

“N-nothing,” He arched one of his eyebrow, “You will stay there, and I don’t want my grandmother get a heart attack, to see a serial killer inside our house. I might be expelled if it happen. So don’t come out until I say you can.” You told and show him a small hut next to your house.

“Objection, I’m not a serial killer.” He mumbled under his breath.

The tiny small building was usually used for guest to stay overnight, but since no one came for long time, the hut is now a storage room. You have no choice but to let him stay there because that’s the only place where your grandmother wouldn’t discover.

“You live only with your grandmother? Where do your parents go?” He found your shoes rack only has 2 pairs of shoes.

You blinked at him innocently, “They passed away in an accident when I was a baby. I never have a chance to know how they looked like in real life,”

He thought his guess was right, “Oh. Sorry about that.”

“Yeah, never mind. Anyways what is your name?” Your expression changed from tensed to normal one.

“Choi Seungcheol.” He answered shortly.

You kind of familiar towards the name, but you aren’t certain where have heard the name or know it.

“You aren’t planning to tell me your name, are you?” He asked back, hit the bingo button on you. You make a poker face, tell him that’s obvious that you don’t tell him your name yet.

“Fine. About the question you asked me earlier—” Before he could reveal all, he suddenly cut off by you.

“No, no. Not now. Tell me tomorrow instead because I’m going to sleep right now.” You yawned and felt your eyes become heavier. “I’m going in. Don’t do something dangerous or I’ll call police, understand?”

He smirked at you without you notice, found you cute when you are sleepy. “You can trust me,” and you closed the door.

On the next day, as usual, your grandmother woke you up. Today, you will help your grandmother harvest flowers uphill. Before you left your house you take a look at the hut where Seungcheol was staying but there’s no sign of life from the outside. Then, you decided to go.

When you were out, few minutes later Seungcheol woke up. He was sleeping with his back leaned on the wall, he can feel his back ached a lot. Then he peek outside through the door. When he was sure there’s no one outside, he stepped out the hut and greeted the sun.

He covered his eyes with his palm and immediately turned around. The sunshine was too intense. Then he looked down at the corner of the building, a wooden and dusty palette on the floor.

“Cho Eunhee,” he read out the dull kid hand written. *who is Cho Eunhee, is it that girl name?*. He thought to the palette that looked like had been thrown away.

He was hesitated to knock at the door, what if it is her grandmother, what if there’s no one there and you ran away. He ran his hand on his hair in frustration.

“What are you doing?”

Seungcheol jerked when someone voiced behind him. Fortunately it was you. He almost lost his one and only life if that was a person like police or other people who suspect him as a burglar.

“You scared me…” he sighed in relieve.

Actually he looks better at day, you wish every noon wouldn’t change into night so you could see his face clearly like that, moreover his pouty... snap! You came back to your sense about him being suspicious in front of your house.

You walked closer and squinted your eyes, “what are you doing in front of my house. Are you going to steal?” you suspected.

He immediately shook his head, “No, I didn’t. I just…want to check if your house is still occupied.”

“Why? You thought I ran away?” you chuckled at his ridiculousness.

His face is taut. Actually he was in terrible self, with purplish bruises on his face. Dry blood is also visible at the corner of his lips. He probably involved in big fight last night. He is so pitiful and make you want to take care of him.

“You scared me with that face full of bruises.” You protested, he didn’t realize that he looked that bad. “Wait I will take some ice and antiseptics.” You entered your house and took what you need.

You ordered him to press his bruises with cold towel first while you prepared cotton and a bowl of water. When you are done, it’s your turn to tap his face with alcohol and antiseptics. He cringed his nose, feeling the piercing pain all over his face. You noticed and ease your treatment.

“Sorry if it’s hurt.” You said.

Lastly, you covered the scars with plasters. He looked even better now. You smiled at him and he only replied with a twitch at the corner of his lips.

“So, your name is Cho Eunhee, am I right?” he suddenly bring up topic that startled you.

“How do you know my name?”

He chuckled a little, “So, it’s true right? I just found out when you’re away. From that thing.” He pointed his finger to the wooden palette behind you.

You whimpered like a small kid, “This isn’t fun. You mustn’t know my name yet. I don’t want you to bring my name to court later. Stupid.”

At last he get to know your name, and you were a little scare. He must have planned something you just don’t know what it is yet.

 


THANK YOU FOR SUBSCRIBING MY STORY. I APPRECIATED IT SO MUCH!! I AM CURRENTLY WRITING HALF OF THE STORY SO IT STILL ONGOING AND I PROBABLY WILL UPDATE ONCE OR TWO TIMES A WEEK. IF I CAN, I WILL DO DOUBLE UPDATE XIXI.

PLEASE LOOK FORWARD TO MY STORY. I WON'T SPOIL ANYTHING...YET. HOHO