Chapter 6

White Shirts
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 6:

“You know him?” Xianyu questioned Junjin.

Andy’s eyes bored into the eyes of Junjin, as he turned to his hyung and shook his head. “No, I…don’t…he just resembled someone I knew.” Andy didn’t know much Chinese but he knew when they were talking about him.

“Can you ask him why is he here?” Xianyu commanded his good friend.

“Xianyu-sshi wanted to know why you are here.” Junjin turned to ask the man.

Andy saw all the familiar faces of his company, plus, his ex-boyfriend and the man he wanted to do business with. He looked at Junjin and then the man called Xianyu and replied formally, “I came here to talk about business.”

The tall man turned to the Chinese CEO and whispered things to his ear. Andy earned a quick check from Xianyu and then a smile. “I am sorry,” Junjin interpreted it to the Korean men. “I am Xianyu.” Andy nodded and then shook hands.

“I am Sun Ho.”

“He is Sun Ho Lee, hyung.” Only word Andy could understand from the whole conversation. So Junjin knew this older man from somewhere? When had he become friends with such an important man? And most importantly, when had he learned Chinese? “We should continue with the tour,” Junjin whispered to the CEO.

“Yes, yes, let’s go!” The Koreans clapped their hands and followed the two men out of the room, while Andy was still gathering his thoughts about this confusing meeting.

 

 

Xianyu had invited everyone to his house to have a dinner. Junjin asked the Korean representatives to tell what each wanted to eat and his hyung would order it for them. Some went overboard and ordered expensive things – even though Junjin kept saying it was fine they did it since hyung wanted to buy anything to make the customers happy – but some told it was fine whatever the Chinese CEO ordered for them.

“I am not going to come,” Andy told to one of the people he called friend. “I am a little tired and I need to call boss. He needs to hear everything we’ve been talking about.” He continued. “You go ahead and maybe bring me something while you are out.”

The friend lifted up his thumb as they were all advancing the big house right in front of their hotel. Andy grabbed his bag and left with the others, when a kid, about 4 years old, ran toward all of them, and jumped into the arms of Park Junjin.

“Minghao!”

“Jinjin!” The little boy screamed.

Junjin ruffled the boy’s soft hair and put him down when his mother and father stepped outside and claimed him back in their arms. The guests were watching the show of people reuniting and chuckled happily, when the boy pouted at them.

“This is Xianyu-sshi’s son Minghao and this is his wife Xiaomei,” Junjin introduced. “They have prepared a fantastic dinner to all of you.” he gestured toward the house and went with the others.

“Come on Andy, you can call boss later. You must be starving!” One of the Korean representatives yanked the short man from his arm. “I am sure they can wait! Besides, they have amazing ingredients! Just come, please!” Andy heaved a long sigh, but nodded – it could not be that awkward with his ex.

Junjin sat down next to Minghao, who had saved a seat for his foreign hyung. The man smiled at him, ruffled his hair again and slumped down beside him. The Korean representative, who had convinced Andy to join them, sat next to his friend and beckoned to the other side of the table for Andy to sit down.

It meant Andy and Junjin were going to sit next to each other. They exchanged quick glances to one another but wordlessly accepted their doom. Hell, Junjin was bursting inside. He was happy to sit next to Andy. But naturally the feeling was not mutual. Andy moved beside his ex-boyfriend, and sat down, reaching for the can of water.

Something caught Junjin’s eye; the big diamond ring around the finger.

Andy was too late to hide it and even if Junjin had not noticed it now, he would have later so hiding such a big rock was pointless.

“Congratulations…” Junjin said and after a long second of staring, he smiled.

 

 

 

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

Junjin didn’t know it could hurt so much to see him again.

He had thought he had forgotten that face, but he could never forget the face of Andy Lee. Once their eyes had met, all the memories had rushed through Junjin’s mind. Their first meeting, first date, first kiss, first time, their first argument and their…breakup. For a year Junjin had not recalled he had had such a relationship. For a year Junjin had not remembered he had been in love once.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

Had Andy forgotten him already?

He must have since he was going to get married – possibly soon. There had been so many chances for Junjin to propose, but he had never done it. Thoughts like ‘Andy doesn’t want it’ or ‘what if he says no’ invaded the cluttered mind of the lead character. Of course…when they had broken up, all those thoughts disappeared and Andy with them.

It hurt.

It hurt so much.

All the feelings had returned as soon as those eyes had met Junjin’s. Did Andy not feel anything toward him? Most likely he had lost every single feeling toward Junjin once he had walked out of that door. Of course Junjin knew he was the reason for everything. But what he had said had not been what he had meant. He loved Andy. He had always loved Andy. He had bee

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter