No Escape

She's a Lady!

Minho was breathing frantically as Onew stared at him with disappointment.

“Does he know, who I am?” Minho thought to himself in concern about what would happen to their relationship. He didn’t want Onew to know about his reality.

“Who are you?” Onew stepped closer and MInho stepped back.

Minho’s mind was cleared with relief and finally gained control of his body.  

“Hello? Can you hear?” Minho realized the light switch behind his back and devised a plan for escape.

“Uhm, you’ll know soon enough?” Minho turned off the light switch and ran out of the restroom and found the nearest exit of the building. He ran and ran until his legs started feeling sore. He ended up in a colorful part of the city where bars and clubs were swarming with people. Drunk people stumbled around the sidewalks and neon signs blinked “free drinks until 11 pm".

“Where am I?” Minho turned back and felt certain he lost Onew. At least that was one less worry, but a new one surfaced. He barely arrived to the city and was definitely not able to find his way back home.

“I'll have to use my gps… Maybe call an uber.” Minho pulled out his phone and groaned at the realization his phone had died. “Great now I have to ask someone for directions.” Minho walked around to a line curving outside of a club and approached a guy standing alone.

“Hi, there. My phone's dead and I don't know my way around here. Could you tell me where I am and how to get back to the huge supermarket?” Minho felt insecure around the area and unfortunately showed it off in body language.

“No, I don't really wanna be bothered right now.” The guy shrugged him off and directed his attention elsewhere.

“Can you just tell me what street this is?” The guy pretended to not hear Minho.

“Ugh what a rude guy…” Minho stepped away and subtly scanned the line for someone else who might help.

“Excuse me, do you need help?” A soft voice asked from behind Minho.

“Oh, yeah.” Minho gave a soft chuckle and froze as he turned around.

‘It's that boy from before. Kim Jonghyun… with a bodyguard?’

“Well, I don't really know my way around here but my guy ‘Butch’ can probably help you. I'm new around here too and my mother had him show me around town.”

Jonghyun’s bodyguard stood at six feet and had really broad shoulders. He had no hair except eyebrows and patches peaking from under his sleeve cuffs. His appearance was very intimidating especially to Minho.

“Uhh… you'll be with him too, though, right?” Minho gave a very defensive chuckle.

“Oh yeah! I know Butch looks really mean but he's actually very nice.” Jonghyun laughed and asked where Minho lived. Although Minho was desperate to spread across his bed sheets he couldn't let Jonghyun know where he lived.

“Funny thing actually, I forgot what the name of the street is but if you can drop me off at the gas station next to the huge food market I'll know my way from there.” Jonghyun gave a look up to Butch and he grunted a small ‘okay’. “Alright, if that's what you want. And hey, let's say you owe me one.”

Minho agreed to the deal with a small nod and followed Jonghyun to the valet section of a prestigious restaurant. “Uhm, were you guys eating here?”

“Yeah, it's kinda why we got valet here.” Jonghyun gave a playful smile as he received the keys from the booth man.

“Isn't it, extremely expensive here? How did you-" Minho was completely confused until Jonghyun interrupted.

“My mother is chief executive officer of Reno Electronics. She's been traveling a lot with the company but hopefully… finally… we've found a good place to settle the HQ.”

Minho recognized a small sadness in Jonghyun’s eyes as he spoke of his mother. Minho had a great judge of character and could see that Jonghyun only meant well in his actions. After that spill of information the two sat silently in the back of the car. Butch had already driven almost halfway to the market in such a short amount of time.

“So what about you? How are you new around town?” Jonghyun broke the awkward silence but Minho didn't immediately respond. Instead he picked at his nails in embarrassment.

“Oh, it's fine if you don't want to speak about it. I know how hard it can be…” Jonghyun stood down on his floods of questions.

“Oh no, I'm sorry. It's just… yeah... I moved here alone. And I don't plan on going back.” Minho continued to pick at his nails and became subtly more aggressive with pulling out a hangnail on his thumb.

“Hey, it's okay,” Jonghyun reached over and grabbed Minho’s hands to a halt, “It's fine you don't have to tell me.” Minho smiled at Jonghyun and seemed to be lightly teary eyed.

“Thank you,” Minho relaxed his hands and Jonghyun released his grip.

“It's fine, really. I don't want you to remember things you obviously need to forget.” Jonghyun sat back and gave a reassuring smile. Minho felt relief and safety when Jonghyun smiled. It was as if his expression of happiness shielded Minho from the dangers of the world.

Suddenly the car came to a halt and was parked outside the dark empty gas station. “You take care of yourself… uh what's your name by the way?”

“Oh uh Minho! Choi Minho. Sorry about that!” Minho was sheepish about his rudeness.

“Oh it's fine I never introduced myself either. Kim Jonghyun, at your service Choi Minho.” Jonghyun gave a perky curtsey to Minho causing him to laugh. “Ah there we go! I'm glad I made you smile! Have a good night Choi Minho.”

“Thank you for everything! And you too!” Minho waved as Jonghyun drove off.

Minho walked off after he was sure the car was out of sight. He was actually about three more blocks away from his apartments but seemed like nothing with Jonghyun on his mind. Once Minho reached his room he knocked out in seconds. For Minho and Minjung there seemed to be no escape from the romantic life.


I'm sorry I have reverted to a short chapter...