Chapter 2

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jessica walked inside the school cafeteria together with her best friend Sooyoung, their arms linked, of course, because it was kind of their thing. They both knew that it didn’t really show everyone that they were best friend, because things like that are not that important in a friendship. It was their behavior towards one another and the trust they had in each other that was important, but still, to them linking arms was something special. They had done it for more than a couple of years ever since their first meeting back in elementary school.

The best friends made their way to get something to eat and looked around the place at the same time to see if their other friend Hyoyeon from their class had shown up. She was absent for the first two periods because she had overslept, typical of her, but had texted Sooyoung that she’d maybe show up later so they could eat together.

Hyoyeon was a slacker, very lazy, and didn’t care that much about school. She usually only came so she could hang out with her friends. The only reason she would probably graduate at all would be because of Jessica who often helped her out by doing her homework or other assignments. That was one of the reasons that the girl didn’t really like Hyoyeon that much and the two weren’t that close, but Sooyoung considered her one of her closest friends, so Jessica couldn’t refuse when the blonde asked her for help. 

“Over here, es!” Hyoyeon yelled from the other side of the cafeteria and began waving her arms in the air like some crazy woman that needed a one way ticket to the mental institution. Jessica rolled her eyes as soon as she noticed the girl. She couldn’t understand how someone could embarrass themselves like that. Sooyoung, on the other hand, just continued eating some chocolate bar without saying anything. Both girls each grabbed trays for their food afterwards and began waiting in line so they could get some delicious grub. Jessica had already eaten her mother’s waffles at home so she was just going to grab some dessert as she didn’t feel like eating anything else.

“What’ll it be today, Soo? What would my favorite student like to eat?” the cafeteria lady asked Sooyoung with a wide smile on her face. She absolutely adored the girl and her appetite because she’d always give her compliments like saying that the food is really delicious. The woman loved that because it made her feel good about herself, like she’s doing something amazing. She’d definitely be really sad when Sooyoung graduates in two years.

“Mmmm, I’d like a lot of rice, please, some of those mashed potatoes…” the tall girl began speaking with excitement, “Four sausages because they look absolutely amazing and I have no doubt in my mind that they taste that way as well. Also, I’d like that salad over there. Some of that adorable soup that’s in the back and mmm… for dessert, I’d like a big slice of that chocolate cake.”

“Coming right up, Soo!” the cafeteria lady said with a huge grin plastered on her face and winked at the girl. A few minutes later, the food that Sooyoung ordered was placed in front of her. She had to use two trays because one couldn’t hold that much food. Skillfully, like a professional waitress, the girl then picked them up and began making her way to the cashier so she could pay.

“I’d just like a piece of the strawberry cake, please…” Jessica told the woman as soon as Sooyoung was gone and it was her turn to order. The cafeteria lady looked at her a bit angrily because she didn’t really like Jessica. The reason was that she held a grudge against the girl’s mother and she was taking it out on her. Mrs. Jung had come to the cafeteria many times before to complain that her daughter shouldn’t eat that junk and since then, Jessica was treated coldly by the staff.

“Here…” the woman just told Jessica and handed her the food. A frustrated sigh escaped the brunette’s mouth and she was this close to lash out at the cafeteria lady, but she tried to keep it cool and not say anything. So, she just made her way to the cashier and then after paying, she went to the table where her best friend and Hyoyeon were sitting.

“Is that all you’re gonna eat?” Sooyoung asked Jessica and raised an eyebrow. The girl still couldn’t understand how other people could consume so little food and be satisfied. She’d die of starvation if she had their eating habits.

“Uhm, not everyone is like you, Soo… You can probably eat ten cows and still be hungry,” Jessica told her a bit coldly and rolled her eyes.

“Fine, fine… Eat your small piece of cake. I don’t care. Jeez…” Sooyoung just replied with full, a little annoyed by her best friend’s behavior. Jessica didn’t mean to act this way, she was just super pissed-off at that moment because she kept thinking of everything that’s wrong in her life.

“Awww, such a fluffy cutie pie you are! Yes, yes you’re so adorable, baby…” Hyoyeon suddenly yelled out with the cutest voice ever, making everyone in the cafeteria look at her weirdly for a second. “Check this out, Soo. Look at this little fur ball.” She then showed her the picture of the cutest cat in the world.

 

 

 

   

Hyoyeon had a huge obsession with cats which people would always find weird as soon as she tells them. The reason was her appearance mostly and some of her other interests. She looked badass with her leather jacket and ripped jeans. Also, she’d skip class and would often go behind the school building to smoke. The girl was definitely unique and Jessica thought she had split personality disorder or something. On one side, you have this scary badass person who breaks the rules and spends most of her time reading novels about murder and crime, but on the other side, you have a total softie who fangirls over cute fluffy cats and enjoys cuddling.

“Oh, it’s so adorable!” Sooyoung said with a cute voice as well and looked at the screen of her friend’s phone. She then tried caressing the kitty through it but before she could put her greasy fingers over the touch screen, Hyoyeon moved her phone away.

“Yah! Don’t touch my phone with your food-stained fingers, …” the blonde scolded her friend and the two began bickering after that, as usual. It was normal for them to act like that, all lovey-dovey one minute, in a best friend kind of way, and the next minute fighting like an old married couple.

Jessica rolled her eyes once again and took a small bite of her piece of cake. She was sometimes jealous of Hyoyeon, though, because she felt like the blonde was closer to Sooyoung. The girl knew that it was all in her head and that they would always be best friends, but sometimes it got to her when she would watch the two of them together.

The bell rang a few minutes later, which meant that they should head off to their next class. Sooyoung still hadn’t finished all her food, so she just pulled out a small bag and put everything inside. That allowed her to eat on the way and inside the classroom of course. The three girls then walked out of the cafeteria and towards Room 406 where their Literature class would take place.

 

 

“Hara, I think that we should put the balance sheet and annual report in this folder, so it would be easier for the judges at the forum to find them,” Jessica told one of the girls with which she was working on the Economics project. “There are way too many things in that other one.”

The girl was currently with her team in Room 109, preparing everything so that it would be perfect for when they go to Los Angeles. She was paired up with Goo Hara and Park Gyuri from Class C, which were two very smart girls, almost at Jessica’s level of intelligence. Of course, they were also daughters of two of her mother’s rich friends. That’s why Mrs. Jung had no problem that Jessica was hanging out with them. The team also consisted of two boys – Taecyeon and Wooyoung that were one year older t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter