Chapter 16

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was 6 PM and Jessica was waiting for her best friend to come over for dinner, then afterwards the two could have their sleepover like the good old days. Jessica really missed that, spending time with her best friend, laughing about dumb together. But this time she was really nervous because she was going to tell the girl about her and Taeyeon’s relationship. She thought that probably Sooyoung would be cool with it, because she’s the type of girl to read a lot of fanfiction and it was mostly , so Jessica thought that she’d be cool with her dating a girl. You never know, though. Jessica just hoped that the girl wouldn’t start hating her or think that she’s disgusting or something like Taeyeon’s brother had at first.

When Jessica heard the doorbell ring, she immediately jumped off the couch and went to greet her best friend. As soon as she opened the door, she flung herself at Sooyoung and gave her the tightest hug.

“hhhhhh...” both of them yelled out as they tightened their hold on each other and swung left and right.

“Come on, let’s go chill in my room until my mom makes dinner,” Jessica then said and then her and Sooyoung went to lie down on her bed.

“Man, I feel like we haven’t hung out like this in ages,” Sooyoung said and felt a bit sad.

“Dude, yeah… I know. I’ve just been super busy with the projects at school,” Jessica explained herself, making Sooyoung smile.

“Chill man, it’s fine. We’re best friends. Even if we don’t hang out for ages, nothing’s gonna change, you know that,” Sooyoung was getting Jessica all emotional and she felt like she was going to cry. “No, don’t cry on me, Jung. Be a strong !”

Jessica then laughed and playfully hit her best friend’s shoulder before saying, “I’m really happy that you’re here.”

Sooyoung smiled at those words. She was also really happy to be spending time with Jessica. Suddenly the girl’s stomach growled, making Jessica laugh.

“No surprise here.”

Jessica started laughing again and Sooyoung pouted before asking, “Ugh, when’s the food going to be ready?”

But before Jessica could reply with anything, Sooyoung hopped off the bed and decided to ask Mrs. Jung herself. Jessica followed her best friend in the kitchen soon after.

“Hey, Mrs. J, when’s the food gonna be done?” Sooyoung asked Jessica’s mother, making the older woman a bit annoyed with her attitude.

“It’ll be done in 15 minutes,” Mrs. Jung replied through gritted teeth. Sooyoung was a guest in her house. In her opinion, the girl has to patiently wait for the dinner to be ready without asking any questions. But Mrs. Jung couldn’t say anything because of Sooyoung’s mother. She couldn’t risk looking bad because she had said something mean to her stupid daughter. She had to keep up her image at all cost.

“Cool, well hurry it up, because I’m super hungry,” Sooyoung said without giving a , then stormed off the kitchen. Jessica followed behind her and felt so good at that moment because her mother couldn’t say anything back to her best friend. Oh how she loved when Sooyoung was around. It felt like torture to her mother and Jessica enjoyed every second of it.

 


 

When dinnertime came, Jessica, Sooyoung, Krystal and Mrs. Jung sat at the table. Jessica’s father wouldn’t be joining them because he was working late yet again. He usually works late almost every night. Jessica thought that it was a bit suspicious but she never really said anything about it and she didn’t ask him. It wasn’t like he was going to confess to cheating anyway.

“Sooyoung, how’s your mother doing?” Mrs. Jung asked her daughter’s best friend curiously. She needed to find out any additional information she could on the woman. What better way to get it than from her own daughter.

“Well, she’s currently working on some new project. There are so many people coming over to our house to speak to her,” Sooyoung explained as she stuffed her face with the delicious chicken stew that Mrs. Jung had prepared.

“Oh, and what kind of project is it?” Mrs. Jung asked and Jessica rolled her eyes at her mother. Of course she’s going to try and find out. Such a horrible woman. She’s probably trying to steal some ideas from Mrs. Choi… Jessica thought as she took a sip of her orange juice.

“Well, she thinking of designing some new clothing line. I don’t really know the details. I think it was about children’s clothes or something,” Sooyoung told the older woman while chewing with . Food fell from her it from time to time, but she didn’t care. She was having the time of her life while eating. It was her favourite thing in the world and she didn’t care how disgusting she looked.

Mrs. Jung looked at the girl in disgust but didn’t say anything. She just hummed and didn’t ask any other questions. She didn’t question her daughters about school either. That’s at least one good thing that came with Sooyoung coming over for dinner. Mrs. Jung wouldn’t ask them anything at all, which Jessica and Krystal were super happy about.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter