Chapter 18

Be My Dirty Little Secret
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was time for Jessica to have dinner with her girlfriend’s parents. She felt extremely nervous as she stood in front of the door, contemplating whether she should ring the doorbell. She hated the fact that she had to pretend to be her Taeyeon’s brother’s girlfriend. She wished she didn’t have to but there was no other option. They couldn’t risk Taeyeon’s parents finding out about them.

When she finally had the courage to ring the doorbell, the door was quickly opened and there in front of her stood Jiwoong and his mother.

“Hey, beautiful!” the boy said and leaned in to give Jessica a hug and kiss on the cheek.

Mrs. Kim just stood there silently with a stone-cold expression on her face. Jessica felt like the woman was going to murder her any second.

“Hello,” Jessica greeted both of them and then turned to his mother before saying, “It’s nice to meet you. I’m Jessica!”

She then put her hand out so Mrs. Kim could shake it, but the woman didn’t move. She just muttered a “Hello” under her breath. The older woman then turned to her son and said, “I’m going to take the steaks out. Go sit at the table.”

With that Mrs. Kim disappeared into the kitchen, leaving Jessica and Jiwoong standing there dumbfounded.

“Man, she’s so weird. I’m sorry that she was so rude to you,” Jiwoong apologized to Jessica.

The girl didn’t feel better, though. She felt like crap because of the way Mrs. Kim acted and she also remembered how Jiwoong had acted when he saw her making out with his sister on the couch.

“Let’s go to the dining room. Taeyeon and my father are waiting for us there,” Jiwoong continued and Jessica’s eyes lit up the moment she heard her girlfriend’s name.

“Okay...”

Jessica followed the boy to the dining room and was immediately greeted by a smiling Mr. Kim and her beautiful girlfriend Taeyeon. Jessica’s heart skipped a beat the moment she laid eyes on her.

“It’s nice to meet you,” Mr. Kim cheerfully said and Taeyeon could swear that she had never seen her father so happy. It was obvious though that this would make inheriting the company so much easier for Jiwoong. Of course her father would be pleased. Jiwoong having a girlfriend was a good thing for the family’s reputation.

“It’s nice to meet you too. I’m Jessica,” the girl said equally as cheerful and shook the man’s hand.

“That’s a beautiful name,” he told her and then turned to his son. “You’ve got a keeper here, Jiwoong!”

After he let go of Jessica’s hand, Taeyeon stood up and went to give her girlfriend a hug. She had been dying do to that all day. The moment she wrapped her arms around Jessica, it felt like time had stopped and it was just the two of them, no family issues, no problems, no nothing. Just them being together.

Jiwoong cleared his throat because the hug went on for a bit longer than expected and both girls immediately pulled away. Jessica then sat down next to Taeyeon. Mrs. Kim came in soon after and brought the food. Jessica mouthed a “Thank you” when the older woman gave her her plate, but Mrs. Kim once again didn’t say anything. She didn’t spare a glance the girl’s way. Once everyone had a plate in front of them, they all began eating. Jessica was sitting next to Taeyeon. Jiwoong and his mother were in front of them and Mr. Kim was at the head of the table. He was the master of the household after all.

“So, Jessica, what do your parents do for a living?” Mr. Kim asked the girl as he was cutting his steak.

“Oh uhm… My parents own the fashion brand Blanc and Eclare. Well, my father is the legal owner. My mom is the head designer there,” Jessica answered the man’s question immediately.

“Blanc and Eclare? That’s one of the most successful companies in South Korea!” Mrs. Kim suddenly said with a shocked expression. She had no idea that this girl’s family was rich. Here she thought that her son had brought home some gold digger that could take their money, but never in her wildest dreams did she expect him to bring someone whose family is just as wealthy as theirs.

“Indeed. I check statistics about companies in South Korea every day. Yours is at the top of the polls,” Mr. Kim said, making Jessica a little bit embarrassed. She didn’t really like it when people talked about her family and their wealth. She never liked being the center of attention.

Taeyeon immediately felt her girlfriend tense up, so she took her hand under the table in order to give her some reassurance that everything will be okay and that she’s doing great so far.

From that moment on Mrs. Kim’s attitude towards the girl drastically changed. Once she knew that she wasn’t a gold digger, she kept giving the girl compliments and telling her how wonderful it is that she’s dating her son. She even kept making hints about their long and bright future together.

“Once you and Jessica get married...” Mrs. Kim suddenly blurted out, making Taeyeon choke on her food.

“Woah, woa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter