The Plane Ride.

Love is a Mystery.

 

Chapter 2

Your POV

 The plane ride was torture. The child behind me kept on banging his head on my chair and the Korean boy by my side probably didn’t know anything about silence.

I was about to tell the child behind me to stop when the Korean said, “You really look like someone. You look like someone from television…” he said thoughtfully.

I stopped breathing. *Does he know? He can’t know. No one knows!* I couldn’t think straight. What if he knew? All I could do was look at him. I was about to deny it when he told me, “Are you a celebrity?”

I almost laughed from relief.

“No, I’m not a celebrity. Thanks for saying I look like one though.” I grinned at him.

“No problem.” He replied.

“Your English is fluent… Aren’t you Korean?” I asked him.

“Yeah I’m Korean but that doesn’t mean I can’t speak English fluently. English is a universal language, you know.” He told me carefully as if he was speaking with a ten-year old.

I blushed and said, “Of course I know that! I’m 16 for crying out loud. I was just asking. Sheesh.” I rolled my eyes.

“Okay, okay.” He said. “Can you speak Korean? When you get there, you are going to need to speak that language a lot.”

“I know how to speak Korean. Thanks for asking anyway.” I glared at him.

“So, what’s your name?” I asked him.

 “Seriously? You don’t remember me?” he asked me.

“Should I? It’s the first time I saw you.”I told him.

*I guess she can’t remember me. She was still young that time anyway. Oh well, it’s better if she doesn’t remember anyway.* he thought.

 “Nevermind that. Can I take you around? It’s your first time there anyway and I’ve lived there all my life. So, what do you say?”

“Definitely not! And how did you know it’s my first time anyway?” I asked him with suspicion.

His eyes registered shock for a moment but then it was gone like it hadn’t been there at all.

“I didn’t. It just looked like it was your first time. Isn’t it?” he asked me.

“Well.. Yeah, it is.” I replied.

“I knew it. Well, looks like we’re here.” He told me.

“Jeongmal?” I exclaimed.

“I guess you’re excited huh?” he asked me with a grin.

“Obviously.” I said while rolling my eyes.

“Well, good luck in Korea. Hope to see you soon, _______.” He said.

“How did you know my name?” I asked.

But he was already gone.

*Well, that was weird. How did he know my name? I didn’t even tell him that…*

I decided just to forget about it.

Maybe he was psychic. Yeah, right.

When I got to the airport, no one seemed to be shouting my name or looking for me so I just stood there. After a few minutes, no one still came for me and I panic began to fill my chest.

*What if they got into an accident? What happened to them? If not, then why aren’t they here?*

I was about to call for the guards when I heard someone call my name.

“____________! We’ve been looking everywhere for you!” the voice shouted.

*Wait, I know that voice! It couldn’t be…. Or could it..?*

“OPPA!”