Goodbye America!

Love is a Mystery.

 

Chapter 1

Your POV

 

“________ !! Wake up! You’re going to be late!” my aunt screamed.

“Ugh! I don’t wanna! It’s still early anyway, Auntie.” I replied while covering my head with a pillow.

“Early? Your flight is at 9:30 and it is already 8:45! Do you know how far the airport is?” she shouted at me.

“8:45? Well, why didn’t you wake me up earlier!” I said while panicking.

“Why didn’t I think of that?” she said while tapping her chin. “Oh wait. I DID. I’ve been waking you up for the past 30 minutes! Now, get up!”

“Fine. Sorry. I’ll take a bath now.” I said while smiling.

*Today’s the day..*I think to myself.

These past 15 years, I’ve been living with my aunt in America. I’m a full Korean though and I come from a wealthy family. You know who my brother is? Well, you might not believe me but I just have to tell. It’s…………………………………………… LEE JEONGMIN. You heard me. The one and only LEE JEONGMIN from Boyfriend. Never mind that though. The reason why I’ve been living here is that… well I don’t really know myself. Oh well. Today, I go back to Seoul and I get to see my family again. I’m so excited. Yay!

 

“Let’s go Auntie!” I shouted while closing my suitcase.

“Okay!” she replied.

*That’s weird… Her eyes are red. Does that mean she….?*

“Why are you staring at me like that?” Auntie asked me.

“Oh! Nothing! I was just… yeah.. Let’s go.” I said.

“Sure. It’s already 9:00! What if we don’t make it?” she said while panicking.

“Auntie, don’t ever underestimate my power of driving.” I said while grinning.

“Uh-oh.” She said while backing away.

“Oh no you don’t! LET’S GO!” I screamed.

 

 “How did you do that?” Auntie said with her face still white from fear.

“What are you talking about?” I just grinned at her.

“We’re still 10 minutes early and the airport is a 30 minute drive and we left the house at about 9:00! How did you—“

“I told you that I had driving powers didn’t I?” I said while interrupting her.

She sighed, defeated yet again at one of our many, many arguments.

* I’ll surely miss you Auntie.. I’ll never forget all that we’ve been through together.

Saranghaeyo.*

We sat down on the chairs and kept silent.

*This is really weird. When did she ever get silent?*

After a few minutes, no one still said a word. Oh, this is it. I can’t take it anymore!

“Why are you so silent, Auntie? Are you hurt somewhere?” I asked with concern.

“What? Oh! N-no.. I’m f-fine…” she said quite unsurely.

“Tell me the truth, Auntie” I said firmly.

“Alright.” She sighed. “I just… I’m really going to miss you.” She said while tears began to form I her eyes.

“I’ll miss you too, you know.  But we both knew that this day was coming right? I promise I’ll

e-mail you every single day.” I told her. Oh no. Tears are beginning to form in my eyes too.

“I know. I’ll miss you very much.” Auntie said.

“Me too. Don’t worry. We’ll see each other again.” I said while smiling.

“We will.  I guess that’s your cue to go.” She said while passengers for the Seoul flight were being paged.

“So.. I won’t say goodbye Auntie. Cause we’ll see each other again. America and Korea are on the same planet so when we want to see each other we can just call right?” I said while crying and smiling at the same time. Sounds crazy? Yeah, I know.

“Yeah. That sounds great. See you later.” She said.

“See you later.” I replied.

I turn around just in time to let my tears fall down my face and I head toward the gate of my flight.

 

Goodbye Auntie…… Goodbye America…

 

See you soon Seoul, Korea.