Flower Girl

Secret Flower

"The days have grown so long... so.. dull."

I sighed and rolled over on the couch, remote in my hand mindlessly clicking through channels. My eyes dismissed or otherwise veiwed the contents opaque. Nothing seemed to interest me...

My mood had fallen in stature over the last week. I had become sullen, and snappish around the other members, resulting in my further isolation. Some, however, failed to 'get the message' as it were.

"Onew Hyuuuunng~~!!"

Clouded eyes opened to meet equally lethargic blue ones.

"What do you want, Taemin?" I growled, flickering through the TV options again. I wasn't in the mood for the Maknae's games at the moment...

"I'm bored.... will you come play with me?" Tae pouted, bangs swishing in his eyes innocently.

I scowled slightly. How childish could he be? Even if he was the youngest in the group... Taemin was almost of age, not a little kid. Why couldn't he act like an adult for once? Or at least a teenager if he couldn't muster enough maturity?

I sat up, my voice harsh- I hardly noticed. "No, I don't want to play with you, Taemin. I want you to leave me alone for once! If you're so bored, go find Minho and play with him all you want!"

I blinked, my own words making me jump. I was annoyed, but still... The watering in the maknae's gaze quickly made me wish I could swallow my words from the air.

"Tae, I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to say such things--"

"No, It's alright Onew-" Ouch... Tae almost never called me by name. That stung a bit..."-I'll go find Minho, like you said." He stood up angrily, wiping tears with a secret palm. "He loves me enough to play with me!"

"Taemin!"

A door slam was my answer.

I longed to run after him, but I knew that would only result in more fighting. We we're both still a bit upset... Tae needed to calm down before he would accept an apology, and I needed to calm down before I could give one. Minho would help Tae... who would help me?

"The park," I decided, before I could dwell on the thought. "I'll go to the park."

----------------------------At The Park--------------------------------

January was relatively calm in Seoul this year... the air was pleasant and criss, with just enough cold to make one's cheeks bloom. Though snow littered the ground, the sweepers had kept the many pathways and squares relatively clear- people even ventured to drag forgotten bikes and scooters out of the garage to ride on the walkways.

I sighed blissfully. This was my place... This was where I could trully breath, relax. I loved the park. Even as a child, hugging to my mother's skirt, my favorite place to romp was the park across the street from my complex. There was just something calming about them... Inspiring.

My footsteps were slow, the need to rush absent in them as I strolled. My eyes remained opened, but they hardly saw the world infront of them. They were obscured by my imagination as it dance behind them, the bright colors and odd ideas swirling about fascinating them.

That is, however, until they found something more interesting to linger on.

There, hovering in the middle of  a small square, stood a girl- no older than myself- a cart of flowers at her side. The bauquettes fell atop each other in a parade of color, tied together with delicate ribbons of red and white lace, dew drops making them sparkle in the light. A string of bells adorned the cart, their innocent tinkling matching the drops figuratively. But their spells were not what caught me. Oh no, it was the flower girl herself.

Her features were the reincarnation of a fallen angel's, her face stolen from a singer from on high; her cheeks were plump and soft, perfect rose petals lacing each one. Her eyes, doe-wide and olive-laced, hid shyly under soft strings of flowing brown locks, untouched by the odd-colored dyes most girls favored these days. So natural, so pure. Her body was short, but lean- athleticly toned, but countered with an angelic softness rivaled by none. Though her height rivaled not even Jonghyun's, she stood tall and proud, filled with grace and a sense of being that came rarely to one so young. Has ever a more beautiful women existed?

No.

I stood, aghast, as she tended caringly to a mother and daughter pair- her soft hands handing them a rose each from a basket on her elbow. So tender, and delicate... I longed to study her further, to reach out and hold her. But how could I? Compared, I was so rough, so sparse. A plank of rotting wood in a meadow of Morning Glory's. How could I ever hope to touch her?

But watch her? Yes... I could do that. At least for a little while. Where was the harm?

Downcasting my eyes so as not to draw attention to myself, I made a wide arc around the girl, making sure to stay to her back so as not to be noticed. Finding a bench, I hastily wiped off the snow and sat down, my eyes searching the small square as if to admire it. It was barely any use. Who could admire simple stones and lonely trees when Heavan's light shown infront of your very eyes?

Daylight passed without my permission, and the park grew dark without my realizing. Before I knew it, the time so closely kept on my watch was 5:24. My eyes widened, though my surprise was little. Every moment supposedly 'wasted' had been more than worth it. My friends would be worried though...

I sighed, standing, eyes falling to my shoes once more. I was unwilling to leave as I started to slink around the girl once more, eyes searching instead for the pathway home.

"Sir?"

A chill ran through my spine. "She speaks. O, speak again, bright angel! For thou art As glorious to this night, being o'er my head, As is a winged messenger of heaven Unto the white, upturnèd, wondering eyes Of mortals."  I qouted Shakespear inwardly. I silently thanked the dead thespian.

I was frightened to turn. My heart beat irratically in my chest, palpating in an odd rythm, as if it following my thoughts into a pleasant turmoil. Simply standing was out of the question, though. She needed an answer, no matter how frightened I was to give it. I turned slowly, eyes wide. I only hoped she would mistake the feature for curiousity.

The beautiful creature I had watched by day became only more breath taking in the silent glow of the dusk. Orange and gold light dawned her features, and I swear I heard the cries of a woefully jealous Juliet sing somewhere far off as I gazed. 

I spoke not a word, untrusting to my trechorous mouth. I only locked my eyes with hers, in a hopes the silent message in my orbs would not give my longing away.

Her smile broadened as I stared, flashing teeth of ivory shrowded with glossy pink lips. I vaguely noted the resemblance to the bundled Drag Snaps on her cart. My eyes remained on her sweet lips, however, as she spoke the most enchanting five words I had heard, words that to this day make my heart fly with the birds.

"Would you like a flower?"

 

Yaaayyy!!!!!! 8DDD Merry-Late Christmas =DD I tried really hard to make this chapter great for you guys ^^ Though... I think I just came out as a corny-sort of poetic XDD But, whatevs, its for my Bias >W< Onew Spots and I guess technically meets Hana for the first time =DD He is a happy little boy ^^ Hehe, yea... owo ummm... thats all i really have to say XDD Bye~  II    Simply sss