New Years

Secret Flower

Seoul, South Korea : December 31st/January 1st, Solar New Years 2011

Onew's POV

Seoul was alive.

People flocked from every direction, feet stomping and voices a few notches past full-blast. Steady bass rhythms shook already-thumping chests haphazardly, the loud speakers blaring a chorus of mismatched music, tunes intertwining as the sounds fell out of street-side apartments and homes. But there was a sense to the chaos- a pattern bleeding steadily into the crowds; Ba-dum-dum-dum, Ba-dum-dum-dum.

Town Squares own little-big heartbeat.

So far, the annual celebration was going well. But the night was still young, and the drinks plentiful.

I glanced down at my watch; 11:47. 13 more minutes.

I stifled a yawn with  gloved hand, quickly recovering with a grin.

My tired appearance didn't go unnoticed, however.

"Hyung, are you tired already?" A child-like voice piped. I turned at the sound, barely heard over the cheers.

I couldn't help but laugh. "Taemin, what on earth are you wearing?"

The red-head glanced down at himself in confusion, as if he hadn't a clue what was wrong with his outfit. Decked out in multicolored tinsels, streamers, and beads, the Maknae looked much more like a rainbow decored Christmas tree than a New Years Celebritee. I had a notion that this was Key's doing.

Speak of the devil, and the devil will appear- as My grandmother once said.

"I think he looks positively festive!" Key cried out, weaving his way through the crowd toward us, a slightly flustered Jonghyun in tow. Minho was casually following after, sharing my humor as he caught sight of Tae.

"I think he looks like a parade float."

"Oh, you're just jealous that he can pull it off," Key pouted, fixing a loose end to a bead chain.

"Jealous, right. Whatever you say, umma," Goaded the charismatic teen.

As the two bickered, poor Tae caught hopelessly in the middle, Jong carefully picked his way toward me, offering me some caramel corn, popping a handful of kernels into his mouth.

"Would have gotten you some teriyaki, but Key didn't want to wait in the line and miss the ball-drop," he explained.

I gave a small pout. Damn, no chicken. On New Years. I chewed on the caramel corn prickly, willing myself to believe it was simply small pieces extra sweet lemon chicken. It didn't work very well. I gave Key a small glare that he missed amongst his arguing and fiddling.

"Better than nothing," I mumbled, slowly starting to enjoy the sweet treat.

"Mmm," Jong agreed, mouth full.

Suddenly Key broke away from the squabble, looking rather annoyed. Most likely because he lost. He grabbed Jong's arm like a child needing reassurance.

"Joooooooooooonnggggyyyyyy~ Can we go look at the shops? I want to get some new shoes..." He pouted. New Shoes always made the flamboyant boy happy. And there were quite a few sales going on.

Seeing no hope of winning an argument with a shopping-bound Key, Jonghyun agreed and waved me a hasty goodbye, giving me the rest of the caramel corn. I, in turn, passed it off to Taemin as he explained that he and Minho were going to go see what bands were playing in the plaza this year. I waved them off with a smile, noting the hands being held between the two. Cute.

Mist escaped my mouth in a delicate cloud as I sighed. I watched it with fascination, the world for a moment becoming quiet. Alone at last.

'Well... more like again.'

The thought starled me out of my daze and I blinked, looking about as if the words had come from one of the unknown people around me. No such luck- nobody was paying heed to me. Flustered, I searched for a quiet(er) place to think.

Finding an empty bench on the side of the square, I brushed off the light layering of snow and sat. Alone again...? Was me being alone so common that it deserved such a phrase? Surely not...

I searched my memories for events where I was accompanied by the others. 'During rehearsal, of course.... and... umm...'

I frowned. Huh.... Only during practice... with maybe a few moments inbetween? The frown deepened. Was I really that detached?

"Ten, Nine....!"

What about the others...? Well, Jong had Key- the two were almost inseperable now-a-days. Always galivanting off to some new sale, or else kidnapping Minho and Taemin to play dress up.

"Seven, Six....!!"

Minho and Tae too. They spent more and more sweet moments together. The 2Min fanbase was going crazy because of it. When they weren't Key's playthings, they were doing homework together, or else goofing off around the academy, or nearby Seoul.

"Four, Three...!!!"

The few moments they all shared together? Even then... I was often left unnoticed, only thought of when I spoke, or when my 'Condition' struck up humorous situations. The attention lasted only moments, however...

"..One..!!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!"

I jumped as the crowd erupted with screams, confetti and other colorful things pooring like a multicolored waterfall into the streets. All around me, champagne was popped, children screeched, couples kissed....

I remained on my bench. Alone.

Happy New Year.

 

Baawwww....... Poor Onew =P Dood, totally jacked the intro from an action i'm writting XDD So it it ends up looking familiar, dun worry!! I shall have it posted elsewhere XD Onew feels lonely DX

Sorry if the perspective changes .... Its suppose to be in first person, but I think I jumped around and messed up a little in some places... oops XD

Anyway, hope you like it! It'll get happier, I promise!