Names

Secret Flower

'How did I ever let them drag me into this...?'

The blush from last night remained permanent on my face, joined only by a nervous frown and bags of worry under my eyes. I couldn't beleive I was acutally going through with this... was I really that desperate? I swallowed hard. Perhaps...

'You're only finding out her name,' I thought, a small weight lifting from my back. 'Just her name. That's all.'

The idea didn't relax me much... nevertheless, I continued on through the park, a small roll of bills tucked in my pocket and a tick of anxiety present in my deatures. How in the hell did they expect me to do this?

I closed my eyes, deep in thought. I had never been good with girls, ever since I was little... getting close to them, or attempts of wooing them, had always seemed to evade me. When I was alone in thought, sure... I could devise many a scheme that would make any girl fall for someone as bland as I. But face to face was a whole different story... after all, how are you supposed to confess your love when your throat is swollen with fear?

I sighed, gittery and ill-content. What a stupid plan... I opened my eyes.

ba-dum-ba, ba-dum-ba, ------!! Ba-dum-ba. My heart skipped as I rounded the familiar corner, and I stopped in my tracks. There she was, my fallen angel... a diamond in the rough that hath sparkled ever brighter each day. Be still, my beating heart, or thou shalt give us away...

I gulped down thoughts of retreat as I stood at the edge of the square, as well as ideas of meager watching . I was on a mission after all... a ridiculous, assinine mission, but one none the less. For curiousity's, and my own sanity's, sake I would find out this beautiful creatures name. Today.

I gritted my teeth, and took a hesitant step forward. She was alone, for the moment, tending to her flowers- and, oh, her eyes... filled with a motherly love so tender as she cared for her blooms..- Now was the time to act. Wasn't it?

More steps..

She looks up at the sound, and I froze on the spot. Her olive eyes scorched my chocolate ones, and a faint smile- destined to forever send my heart thundering, no doubt- curved her delicate lips. Did she remember me? How could she... my face, so forgetful, surely must have blended into the parade of people she had seen throughout the day. Yet, her orbs flickered with a sense of recognition, and I found myself smiling back. My lips opened to say something, but no words came out... and if they had, I most certainly would not recognize them as my own.

Saved by the bell, as they say. They never told me the bell that peeled came so sweetly from these lips.

"You're the boy from yesterday, aren't you?" she smiled, stepping toward me.

"Y-yes," I answered, awkard. At least I was speaking. My voice tainted her angelic speech, however.

She only grinned warmly. How perfect that grin was...

"Aish! I almost forgot..." I reached hurriedly into my pocket, pulling out the bundle of bills. "My... my friends-- they liked the flower you gave me, and t-they wondered if, erm, you had some more?"

She giggled at my studderings, and I blushed hottly. Even she was teasing me...? Mm... I didn't care so much if it came from her.

"Of course! I'm glad they like them so much!" She beamed, heading back for her cart. I followed her like a dog.

Her skillful hands picked here and there, plucking the perfect blooms from each pile, swiftly pulling them together into four beautiful boquettes, each tied together with a silk red ribbon. I admired her talent with wonderous eyes that didn't go unnoticed.

"Do you like flower arrangements?" She asked, generally curious.

"It's, ah... a new hobby of mine," I admitted, not entirely lying.

"Ahh, I see. It's a very nice hobby-- and very soothing," She smiled, handing me the flowers.

"Mm, neh. And thank you! You arrange them beautifully, you're very talented," I chimed. I slowly noticed myself becoming more comfortable with this girl.. I was ready to ask her. "Eh... excuse me for being so formal, but... may I ask for your name?"

It was her turn to blush. The sight made me blush in turn. How cute she looked with red cheeks... I always did like it when girl's blushed, but hers.... it made others look like silly blemishes. Clearly she wasn't use to this sort of attention.

"My name...?" She smiled, eyes turning soft. "Eun. Eun Hana."

I grinned. Hana....~ How fitting.

"And yours?" she asked, feeling a tad flustered herself.

"Lee Jinki. But, everyone just calls me Onew," I told her.

"Onew... I like it~" She laughed. An adorable sound- like starlings on our window seal, singing just as the morning broke. I laughed along with her, unable to help myself.

Somewhere beyond a thistle bush, a camera flashed, catching us in out innocence.

 

It would seem that Onew isn't the only stalker in the park!! Ooohh~ Scary! =0 I wonder who the creepy picture taker is!

Lol... I spoil you guys with another chapter! Yaaaayy!!! They meet each other!!! =D Erm.... dont know what else to write... currently 5:11 am... sooooo tired.... DDDX Night~~~ =w=