Welcome Back

Secret Flower

"You look happy."

My smile only broadened at Key's comment, the bags in my hands rustling as I stepped through the door. A rose cluched delicately between my teeth. I placed the bags on the floor, and quickly went to the kitch for water and a vase.

"I am happy," I stated simply. I walked out of the small kitchen alcove, my rose held sweetly in a beautiful crystal vase. It had been a gift from my mother, after our first performance. Though the previous flourist of blooms had died long ago, the new rose filled the hole perfectly. I placed it on a small table next to the window, allowing it some sun. Key gawked at it, curious.

"What's in the bags?" the diva asked casually, though his eyes remained on the flower, hands itching to pick it up and inspect it.

"Just some gifts..." I coughed lightly, feeling embarassed, "I feel it's time I apologized for the way I've been acting..."

Now, seeing as I've known and been close to Key Kibum for a small majority of my adult life, you might have thought I'd be used to his... more than exaggerated forms of affection. Sadly, that is not the case.

The high-pitched squeal was my only warning I had to Key's assult. We both toppled to the ground as I was tackled from behind.

"Waaaahh!! Dubu!! You're back!" He cried out happily.

"Nehh! Key!" I laughed, attempting to push him off. A clingy Key is worse than a superglue on paper, I discovered. He remained attached to my waist. "You act like I've been gone for ages!"

"But you haaaaavvvee~!!" Key insisted, nuzzling my side like a child. "Angry-dubu isn't the same as Happy-dubu! And Happy-dubu hasn't been here since before New Years! I've missed hiiiiimm~"

I smiled fondly down at the boy. My arms tenderly wrapped around him in return.

"I've missed him too, Key-and I've missed you," I laughed.

Key's arms melted from my waist and we both sat up, smiling. He turned toward the bags next to us, eyeing a bright pink one curiously.

"Soooo~ What'chya get me, Hyung?" he grinned mischeviously.

----------------------A Little Later-----------------------

An hour or so later, the others entered the dorm to find me on the couch, smile still intact, and Key sporting a month's worth of new clothing. He had insisted trying everything on, making his own sort of fashion show about it. I had watched on in amusement, playing along.

After sincere apology's and many more hugs, the other gifts were passed around; Taemin cuddled a new teddy bear to his chest, already making plans to decorate and dress it up (much to Key's approval), Minho spun a basketball atop a skilled finger, exclaiming how it was just in time to replace his popped one, and Jonghyun flipping through a novel of new piano books, his eyes dancing happily as he reveiwed the many notes and cords waiting to be played.

"Thank you, Dubu!!" Taemin squealed, hugging me.

"Ne, thanks Onew!" Minho agreed, "But, I am curious. What has gotten you so happy all of a sudden?"

"Yeah, and who gave you the flower?" Key chimmed in, pointing out the rose in the window.

"Eeehhh...... No reason! And, eh, nobody! I found it and picked it myself!" I blushed. I had always been a bad liar.

"Aigyoo! You're lying hyung!" Taemin protested.

"I bet it was a girl," Jjong snickered, eyeing me.

"Neh, you think so?" Key gasped, clearly agreeing with this idea.

"Onew-Dubu has a girlfriend?" Taemin smiled, faking innocence.

"Ayah, its not like that!" I cried, my face becoming as red as the flower.

"Then why are you blushing so much, eehhh?" Minho laughed, pinching my cheek.

I broke away, rubbing the side of my face. There was no point in hiding it from them, was there? They would only pester me relentlessly for days until I gave them what they wanted. I should just tell them now and get it over with...

I sighed, "Alright! Aish... Ne, the flower if from a girl, happy?"

"Not entirely," Key laughed.

I bit my lip. Why was I so embarassed? It was just a girl..

"What's her name?" Tae pressed, curious now.

"I.. I don't know," I admitted, rubbing the back of my neck.

"You don't know..?" Key raised a brow. They all seemed generally surprised and confused at this point.

"I.. didn't actually talk to her-- Just... watched her for a bit, and she must have noticed... and gave me a flower. Thats all!"

"Heh," Minho busted, "Onew's a stalker!"

"Hush! I am not!" I protested, blushing again.

Key seemed to be in deep thought at this point, a sly smile creeping onto his face. Not entirely a good sign.

"I wonder.... Would Dubu be willing to assist in an experiment?" the diva snickered.

"Depends..." I murmered, only the slighest bit willing to hear what Key had to say. He obviously took my statement as a "yes".

"Perfect~~"

 

Dont kiiilllll meeeeee~~~!!! i KNOOOOOW it , you dont have to tell me DX But, please, consider the following *Bill Nye Mode* 1, i wrote this at, like 4 am... on new years. 2, I've had severe writters block lately... bleh. 3, I was really only on the computer so i could finish an animation someone wanted me to do for them. Herr. So i was working on two things at once =P Anyway... Lol, Onew-Stalker XD *GASP* and key has a plan? =o this cant end well.... or can it? XD

Ew... school starts again on Tuesday DX dont make me gooooooo~