Always Pay For Food

Their Story - HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

What? How? Why? Nayeon’s eyebrows furrowed. She carefully slowed down and tried her best to make sure the 4 guys were who she thought they were, because it seemed too random to be a coincident. When she was sure, her steps became so small and slow she was barely walking towards them. She had nowhere else to look at, so she took her phone out and pretended to be typing something.

She could have just kept her cool, come up to them, said goodbye and walked away, like a normal human being. But no, Im Nayeon had a habit of becoming immature almost instantly when it came to romance-relating situations. So she contemplated possible exits and finally decided with…

Okay I will slowly and CASUALLY  slip away to the other direction. Maybe they haven’t seen me or won’t even recognize me. I think there is a bus stop right around the corner, so Im Nayeon, act naturally and you will be fine. She thought and began stepping sideway towards the other side of the gate.

Her eyes glued to the phone and her mind was so focused on pretending, she didn’t realized that all the guys were watching her every movement. And moreover, she looked ridiculous walking sideways while frantically typing on her phone. It was a miracle she didn’t bump into anyone.

The guys were all really confused at her actions, except for Jaebum. This was not the first time she casually slipped away when they accidentally ran into each other. And the fake-chatting, every single time. He thought, finding her childish side quite cute.

Yugyeom was actually about to waved hello when Nayeon suddenly began her little “skit.” He took a quick glance at Jaebum. Yugyeom understood immediately, because the latter sighed, looked down to his feet and slightly nodded. Jaebum had bitterly accepted the fact that it may be long before Nayeon and he can have a normal conversation like before.  

On the other hand, Jungkook started walking towards Nayeon without much hesitation.

Actually on the way to Konkuk earlier, Jungkook couldn't help thinking about how he should have made more effort to approach her. Although they exchanged phone numbers, he didn’t know what he should text her about. He couldn’t just message her all the time asking random questions like what she was doing or how was the weather, it seemed insincere and annoying to him.

More importantly, Jungkook was not the type to get the girl through texting. He preferred direct interactions. Unfortunately, during the time both groups were not promoting, they rarely had a chance to meet. BTS was busy touring and TWICE was busy filming CFs. There was one occasion though, the special show called The Boss Is Watching, where many rookie groups were invited to compete against each other in front of their CEO.

Of course Nayeon did not show any sign that she knew him, it wouldn't be wise. He understood. However, because rehearsals were not supposed to be aired, Jungkook decided to stay and watch TWICE’s stage. Taehyung couldn't refuse Jungkook's annoying persistence, so he also stayed.

Advised by the variety-expert Wooyoung sunbae, TWICE prepared a gag dance for the special performance. When Nayeon unintentionally turned to his direction and practiced her solo part, Jungkook couldn't stop a smile creeping up his lips. He had to hide it by the back of his hand.

She is adorable, right? He leaned toward Taehyung and asked. It was a rhetorical question that didn't need an answer. It was actually more like a statement he said to himself.

I thought you said you like her because she was cool. Taehyung smirked and teased his maknae.

Yeah, right. I said that. Whatever.  Jungkook couldn't be less bothered by his hyung's remark. His eyes were busy following a certain girl with a bunny ear headband.

And now Im Nayeon was right in front of him, just a few steps away. Most importantly, there was no camera around, which meant he didn't have to worry about causing a scandal. So Jungkook ran to her, leaving the other 3 guys with a wave.

Hey there! Jungkook stopped in front of Nayeon and held up a hand to say hi. She was so focused she didn’t hear a thing. Her forehead ended up bumping right into his hand. She froze and took a step back.

Nayeon slowly looked up and Jungkook put his hand down. Sorry, I didn’t mean to… He nervously said. Oh my God, why did I always end up doing weird things whenever I met her?

It’s okay, sunbae. It was me who wasn’t looking. She smiled and bowed slightly.

Jungkook smiled back. He suddenly didn’t know what to say, so he spoke of the first thing on his mind. Um … It has been a long time, right? I see you have bangs now. Yes, Jungkook was a simple man. He touched her bangs so he talked about it.

Nayeon unconsciously touch her newly cut bangs. Yeah, it’s for the comeback, but I don’t think it suits me well. She shook her head, laughing lightheartedly.

I think it looks good on you. It sounded like he just said it to be polite, so he added. Really though, I think you would look good with any hairstyle.

Really? Thank you, but don’t you think it’s too much of a cliché, Jungkook sunbae? Nayeon joked to prevent herself from reading too much into the compliment.

Jungkook realized that it indeed sounded like a cheesy pick-up line. No, I meant your face shape. It seems like it will go well with many hairstyles. Jungkook said honestly, scratching the back of his head. He decided to talk about something else. By the way, did you just finish class?

Actually, I’m just here to turn in my assignment and ask for the permission to take some time off. I thought you’d know, because Suga sunbaenim also came to do so. Nayeon gestured back to Suga, and noticed that the other 3 were still standing there. Her gaze lingered on Jaebum, but on

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter