On Stage

Their Story - HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

30th Golden Disk Awards.

TWICE was beyond excited to know that they not only got invited but also got to perform a special stage this time, at such a big award show too. It was a dance performance, and the girls were divided into 3 groups: Powerful, Cute, and y. There was not much room for discussion, as they all knew each member's image and thus which group they belonged to.

Powerful: Momo, Mina, Jihyo.

Cute: Nayeon, Dahyun, Tzuyu.

y: Jungyeon, Chaeyoung, Sana.  

Nayeon was seperated from her closest members, Jungyeon, Jihyo, Momo and Chaeyoung. Of course all of them were close to each other, but there was always a different kind of bond between the original 6mix members, NaJungJi, probably because they had known one another for the longest, and had been through a lot more together. And Momo and Chaeyoung were Nayeon's favorite dongsaengs for no special reasons, they just got along with her better. The three of them liked the same movies, laughed at the same jokes, and they communicated more easily.

It was normal for a group of friends, especially when said group consists of more than 4 people, to have subgroups. It was not like they did not get along with the others or there was some kind of conflicts. Some members simply liked to hang out with certain members more than the others. All idol groups were the same. No big deal.

There were subgroups within TWICE, some more close-knitted than the others. Momo was certainly close with her Japanese fellow members, Mina and Sana, but the other two seemed to know each other better, and shared similar personalities, too. So Momo came to her favorite unnie, Nayeon. Nayeon welcomed her easily. Nayeon laughed at her silliness, but played along with her. Nayeon let Momo took care of her, and looked out for the younger one, too.

Jihyo, being the leader,  took the burden upon herself to take care of Tzuyu, their introvert foreign maknae. Ever since the Taiwan – China incident, Jihyo had been nothing less of a mother and a sister to Tzuyu, so the younger had a tendency to come to Jihyo for comfort and warmth. On variety shows, Jihyo always looked at Tzuyu to see if the latter was okay, if she was not understanding anything, or just to give Tzuyu a chance to talk. It was not random Jihyo was the usual choice to accompany Tzuyu in non-group activities.

The oldest in maknae-line, Dahyun, was kinda special. She was taught to be independent since very young. Independent, as in can handle herself properly and also in being a little bit distant from people who were not her family. Even the fans could see that Dahyun came from a different educational background from the others. Hers was more strict, more defined, and more demanding. Hence, she always seemed more polite, more in-control than the rest of the group, especially her fellow maknaes. She also had a competitive spirit within herself, the good kind, not the kind that fueled jealousy. But she tried to do well in everything, sometimes she tried too hard. Park Jin Young noticed this since her trainee days, and gave her the advice to be more relaxed, more open to others. Dahyun was still trying.

Chaeyoung was undeniably one of the most talented members of the group, despite her young age. They all knew this. Ever since she became a member of TWICE, it was almost like Chaeyoung had to suppress herself. She did not intend to do that, though. Unconsciously, she stepped away from the spotlight, and settled for being the cute and innocent but kinda swag maknae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter