A Mistake

Their Story - HIATUS
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Too bad, I heard she’s JB’s girl.

---

Jungkook is a “manly man”, his hyungs often joked, but it was in fact partly true. If he took interest in a girl, he would try to win her heart. What if Jimin said she was taken? He would need to confirm it before giving up. So he hung out with the GOT7 members more, from time to time trying to slip in a casual question about TWICE like a normal idol curious about a rising rookie group. Questions about vocal ability and behind-the-scene personality did not give his real object of interest away.

However, JB and Junior still had their doubts about the so-called innocent enquiries. Compared to them, BTS was more popular with girl groups, and was rumored to be a little bit too friendly towards them, too. GOT7’s overall image was nice and goofy boys who were fun to be with, kinda like the boy-next-door stereotype. BTS, on the other hand, had the image of bad boys and mischievous heart-throbs. So Mark, JB and Jinyoung, basically GOT7’s hyung-line with the exception of an overly-extrovert Jackson, unconsciously acted like TWICE’s over-protective brothers.

All BTS members were nice and sensible though. So when both groups ran into TWICE once in a cafe just outside JYP building, GOT7 kindly introduced the boys to them. TWICE, being the polite little sisters meeting friends of her brothers, bowed and smiled when saying their greetings. Jungkook did not miss the way JB and Nayeon seemed uncomfortable and avoided each other’s eyes.

One time, Jungkook decided to ask his fellow 97-liner Yugyeom, the one he was closest with out of the 7 guys, about the supposed couple. Hey, I know they are still young but are any of you guys dating TWICE? He needed to start slow in order to not sound suspicious.

What? Of course not man. I thought you would have heard about our company’s 3-year dating ban. Yugyeom was taken aback by the question and quickly denied although he wished it was not true. He himself had a crush on TWICE’s pretty rapper, Chaeyoung, but there was nothing he could do about the dating ban.

(You wouldn’t have the guts to tell her either way man. Bambam would say whenever he caught Yugyeom staring at Chaeyoung a little too long.)

Oh, but I heard some rumors about JB hyung and Nayeon-ssi though? Jungkook was happy hearing Yugyeom answer, but still wanted to know for sure.

Yeah, I don’t know if I should tell you this but... Actually they did date, it was way back in the trainee days though. Yugyeom sighed, thinking about his favorite couple, his JB hyung and Nayeon noona. You know how it is, too much practice and too little time, they must have fallen apart.

Yugyeom kept the fact that JB may still have feelings for Nayeon to himself, though. He did not think it was right to tell Jungkook about it.

Oh, is that so? Jungkook couldn’t hide his smile hearing the news, making the GOT7’s maknae a little bit suspicious.

Before Yugyeom could brush it off, his mouth was faster than his brain. Is there any chance you are interested in Nayeon noona?

Jungkook was quite shocked, he then contemplated if he should told Yugyeom the truth. He did. Yeah, she seems cool. I like cool girls. That’s all. It’s not like I have a crush on her or something. So there’s no need for you to tell her anything, right? Because that would only make things awkward between us. Not that there is anything between us though. Um... Okay, he may have said a little too much, he should  stop. After taking a second to breathe, he continued while trying to remain calm. Yeah, all in all, you should forget everything I’ve just said. I think she’s cute, that’s all.

OMG you totally have a crush on her, man. That’s the first time I’ve seen you being all flustered like that. Yugyeom laughed seeing Jungkook turned slightly red. He suddenly remembered something, a popular fanc

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter