⊙17⊙

My Strange Neighbor

“Dad, make me some food.” Youngjae sleepily says. Jaebum’s ears perk up and his eyes widen.

 

“What?” He questions. The younger pads his feet across the tile of the kitchen floor and makes his way to Jaebum. He grabs on to Jaebum’s arms.

 

“I said, dad make me some food.” He pouts looking into Jaebum’s very shocked eyes.

 

“Why are you calling me dad?” 

 

“The internet told me to.” Youngjae smiles brightly, only making Jaebum’s shocked face more shocked.

 

Jaebum claps his hands to alert the younger, like a dad would, “Alright, no more internet for you!” 

 

Youngjae whines loudly slightly jumping up and down to get his point across.

 

“Please? I can’t lose the internet. How would I watch Gfriend fancies without the internet?”

 

“Nope, sorry.” Jaebum walks out of the kitchen briskly, with a mission to get Youngjae’s laptop and hide it from his.

 

—-

3 more days went on like this.

 

“Dad, buy me food.” 

 

“Dad, can you buy me a dog?”

 

“Cuddle me, dad?”

 

“Dad…. do you not love me anymore?”

 

Jaebum couldn’t take it. How could his sunshine call him something so vulgar, in internet terms at least.

 

“Well,” Mark sighs deeply, “He isn’t calling you daddy so he probably isn’t hinting at a ual .”

 

Jaebum groans, throwing his head back.

 

“Why would he call Jaebum that in the first place though?” Yugyeom inquires, earning the nod of Jackson’s head.

 

“I don’t know! That is why I am asking for your advice, which isn’t helping at all.” Jaebum looks at his friends with desperation on his features.

 

“Maybe he just likes the sound of calling you dad?” Bambam shrugs casually.

 

“But why dad? Why not bummie or jae or something other than dad!”

 

“I honestly have no idea. Maybe he is opening up his ual fantasies.” Mark wiggles his eyebrows, earning a howl and whistle from Jackson and Bambam.

 

Jaebum shakes his head, “He is too innocent for that.”

 

“Hyung, figure it out yourself. I have a paper to write.” Yugyeom says, pushing his chair out from underneath him to leave the library.

 

“What a brat.” Jaebum mutters under his breath.

 

—-

“Dad! Welcome home!” Jaebum hears Youngjae’s cheerful voice once he walks through the doors. Jaebum brings his hands to his head to rub his temples.

 

“Hi, Youngjae.” He replies with a forced smile.

 

“What’s wrong?” Youngjae grabs Jaebum’s hands. His face shows concern for Jaebum making the older male smile genuinely.

 

“Nothing.” He replies, trying to seem chipper. 

 

“There’s something wrong. I can always tell when my dad is ups-“

 

“Youngjae, stop it.”

 

“Stop what?” Confusion laced his voice as he tilts his head.

 

“Stop calling me dad!” Jaebum’s voice rises unintentionally. 

 

“Why is it such a big deal to you?” Youngjae replies, his voice also raising slightly. 

 

“Why do you call me dad? Huh?” Jaebum looks at Youngjae, who is now looking at the ground.

 

“The internet told me to.”

 

“No it didn’t. Why do you call me dad?” Jaebum grabs Youngjae’s chin with his head so he can look into Youngjae’s eyes.

 

Youngjae gulps nervously, “Jinyoung… told me you liked being called dad.” 

 

Silence fills the apartment quickly. Blush creeps onto Jaebum’s face and Youngjae continues to look into his boyfriends eyes.

 

“I..” Jaebum stutters, “I don’t know whether to be angry at Jinyoung or embarrassed right now.”

 

“Dad,”

 

“No! Don’t call me that.” Jaebum shakes his head quickly, his face turning even redder.

 

“Why?” 

 

“It sounds weird coming out of an innocent mouth.” 

 

“Fine, I will stop calling you dad.” Youngjae pouts, crossing his arms and storming over to the couch to plop on it.

 

“Thank god.” Jaebum sighs a big sigh. “Let’s watch some Orange is the New Black, okay?” He walks over to the couch and sits next to Youngjae.

 

Youngjae smiles brightly, “Okay.” 

 

 

—-

hONESTLY I DONT KNOW WHAT THIS IS IM SORRY