◉16◉

My Strange Neighbor

Jinyoung jumps in shock, almost throwing the book he was reading, when his bedroom door swings open, hitting the wall beside it.

 

“What the , Jaebum? If you dented my wall you are paying for it.” Jinyoung bookmarks the page, walking over to the wall.

 

“All you care about is a ing wall?” Jaebum angrily says to Jinyoung, who is still looking at the dented wall.

 

“What the , Jaebum! It is so dented. The repairs are going to cost at least 400 dollars!” Jinyoung turns to look at Jaebum with a pout on his face. Jaebum rolls his eyes while reaching for his wallet. He pulls out 500 dollars and slap it on the desk behind Jinyoung.

 

“I said it was going to be 400 dollars, not 500. Thanks for the money though.” Jinyoung says, oblivious to the steam that is coming out of Jaebum’s ears.

 

“The extra 100 dollars is to stay the away from me!” Jaebum snaps and yells at Jinyoung. He turns around with his eyebrows furrowed. 

 

“Babe, what’s wrong?” 

 

“Don’t call me babe. You are a sick human being.” 

 

“Oh,” Jinyoung laughs sarcastically, “You are talking about the Youngjae thing, right? It’s only true. If you really did love him, would you have cheated on him multiple times?”

 

“I love that kid! You tricked me! You said that if I didn’t cheat on him you would run the relationship.”

 

“Aw,” Jinyoung pouts sarcastically making Jaebum’s eye twitch in anger, “It seems that you didn’t think that through all the way. I will admit it I did trick you, but do you think Youngjae would have believed me?”

 

“Of course, you were his best friend.”

 

“That’s right but you are,” Jinyoung laughs quietly, “Or should I were? You were his boyfriend and you know how much Youngjae was desperate for a boyfriend. He would have dropped me in an instant.”

 

“You are a ing .” Jaebum walks angrily towards Jinyoung, making him step back quickly in fear.

 

“If you hit me, I will-“

 

“ you, Park Jinyoung! You are a sad excuse for a human being. Don’t talk to me or Youngjae ever again.” And with that Jaebum walks out of the apartment with the urge to hit someone.

 

—-

 

Youngjae blankly looks at the TV screen, trying not to cry anymore. He hears the door creak open slowly but he doesn’t look up.

 

“If you are a murderer, just end me now. Don’t try to be all sneaky.” Youngjae croaks out, his voice rough from crying. 

 

“Youngjae,” He feels a hand on his shoulder.

 

Once he realizes it is Jaebum he shakes it off, “Don’t touch me.”

 

“No, listen I-“

 

“Just go live with Jinyoung! You don’t love me! Have you ever? Just go live with him and have all the you want because clearly I’m a ing prude a-and,” Youngjae starts to sob heavily. Jaebum leaps forward, pulling him against his chest and his head.

 

“I ended it, Youngjae. I will never be stupid like that again. I’m so sorry. I’m sorry.” Jaebum repeats ‘I’m Sorry’ like a mantra, until Youngjae picks his head up to look at Jaebum in the eyes.

 

“Promise?” Youngjae asks with a shaky voice.

 

Jaebum smiles softly, “Promise.” 

 

Youngjae cracks a smile, “Maybe promise will be our okay.”  Jaebum lets out a big laugh making Youngjae smile even wider.

 

—-

why is this story such like omg