I could feel it

Like a Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Sunbae stop laughing. I know it’s stupid and I know you don’t want to go.”

I did my best to control myself and stop laughing. “I didn’t say that I didn’t want to go. Your answer was just unexpected. But seriously, I really don’t mind going. Tomorrow?”

“Eh? Sunbae, you really don’t have to.”

“How about Friday? I think the weekend would be too crowded.”

“Sunbae, you’re not listening to me.”

“Friday it is then.”

“Sunbae!”

“What’s wrong? I’ll pick you up so give me your address okay?”

“I’ll come over.”

“You know I do have a car and I can drive you know.”

“Well, if I don’t give you my address you can’t do anything about it.”

I knew I wouldn’t win. I probably couldn’t get Ye Jin to give it to me either. But somehow ‘arguing’ with her like this made me feel like I was becoming my old self again.

And so here we were in my car with me driving to Everland. We didn’t really say anything except our greetings. From the corner of my eye, I looked at her. Wait, was she sleeping. Yes she was. Her eyes were closed and her head slightly tilted. I thought about waking her up since why should I be doing the driving while she sleeps peacefully. But, I spotted the eye bags under her eyes. She must be really tired. I wonder if it’s because of me. Having to come over almost every day and make me food and clean. She did say that she had other things to do. I couldn’t bear to wake her.

In about 35 minutes, I turned into the parking lot of the amusement park. I reversed the car accidentally going across a small bump which woke her up.

“Mianhe.” I said.

“For what?” she asked still half asleep.

“Nothing. Anyway, we’re here.” She then stared out the window like a kid looking at a big piece of candy before she composed herself. I wonder how someone could have such a dual personality. Well if I think about it, I too have a dual personality. I’m usually a fun loving guy but in the office I become serious and strict.

“Come on let’s go.” I said pulling my keys out of the ignition.

As we entered the park, we could see that it was quite busy though I think there would be a lot more people during the weekend. As she scanned the map and what rides to go for, I spotted the souvenir shop and outside they displayed all these animal hats and headbands. I found myself reaching for a bunny eared hair band and ended up paying for them. As I walked back to her, I found her looking around for me. I slowly walked up behind her and placed the hair band on her hand. I saw her jump in fright at the sudden unexpected action. She quickly turned to face me and said “Sunbae!” She raised her hand to see what I had put on her head. “What’s this?” she asked as she took it off her head. When she realised what it was she quickly said “Sunbae! Why did you buy this for?”

“I thought it suited you.”

She just gave a small pout in reference to my reply. “If I’m going to wear this you’re going to have to wear one too.” She said as she walked over to the shop to choose one for me to wear. I wasn’t really against it until I saw her pick up the one with antlers. Thankfully she placed it back down. She seemed stuck between the bunny ears and the dog ears. I quickly took the bunny ears and placed it on my head. “This way we’ll match.” She seemed a little stunned so I quickly paid for them and took her hand and pulled her along. Soon we were sitting on the Gyro Drop wait

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter