Regret

Like a Breeze
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I could feel the sun shining on me but I felt so tired and I just didn’t want to wake up. I dug my head deeper into my pillow as I turned my body to get away from the sun. Suddenly, I kicked something hard. That’s not right. My bed should only have pillows. Slowly, I opened my eyes to see her lying next to me. Everything started to come back to me. I quickly sat up trying to get of the bed but it was too late, she had already opened her eyes and was staring at me. Seems like she was still half asleep and hadn’t realize what situation we were in.

Then she went “Ah!” and quickly sat up and pointed at me. “Why are you on the same bed?”

“Erm…it was an accident. I went to the toilet and by habit, I came back to sleep on the bed. Sorry.” I said a little embarrassed as I scratched my head. But when I looked at her, she still had a little bit of doubt and caution in her eyes. “I swear I didn’t do anything to you.”

She still seemed a little distrustful but still she got out of bed and headed to the kitchen making breakfast. She didn’t really talk to me and I didn’t exactly enjoy the awkward silence.

“Are you angry?”

“No.” Looks like she was.

“I already said I was sorry.”

“I’m not angry.”

“Then why aren’t you talking?”

“I just don’t know what to say to you.”

“What?”

“I just feel weird around you now.”

“Erm…ok?”

“Just give me some time to sort myself out.”

“Will you let me at least send you home?”

“Alright.”

~Few days later~

I decided to take her out to dinner in return for causing that incident. I’d already booked a place at a nice restaurant in the city for tomorrow night. I was just waiting for her to reply to my invitation.

I heard my phone ring and I quickly turned it on. As excited as I was to get her reply, her message just made me kind of angry. ‘No. I can’t go.’ There was no explanation or anything. And having already prepared everything made me feel even angrier.

However, the two days later she sent me another message. ‘Do you want to have dinner tomorrow night? I’ll come over and cook.’ I was still angry that she didn’t say anything and I didn’t want to reply her at all. I know it sounds childish but I can’t help what I’m feeling.

Despite the fact that I didn’t reply her, she still came over with food she’d prepared. However, I just pretended to sleep until she left. I still didn’t feel like talking to her. As I lay on the bed pretending to sleep, it soon became real and I drifted off into a deep sleep.

As I

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter