Pet Phrase

F.I.V.R.
Please log in to read the full chapter

 

 

"Attack team, lead by Choi Seungcheol, members, Jeon Wonwoo, Kim Mingyu and Chwe Hansol.

Defence team, lead by Lee Jihoon, members, Yoon Jeonghan, Hong Jisoo, Lee Seokmin, Boo Seungkwan.

Offense team, lead by Kwon Soonyoung, members, Wen Junhui, Xu Minghao and Lee Chan." , read the words on the chalkboard.

After a very messy round of debating, the finalised groupings were finally written onto the chalkboard. Sighing, Soonyoung rubbed his hands together, dusting off heaps chalk from his palms. He had been frantically writing and then smudging words off the columns as Mingyu and Wonwoo had a heated debate on their groupings, with occasional ideas being thrown from the crowd. In the end, it was thanks to Hong Jisoo's handy guitar-turned-bat and Lee Jihoon's solid ideas that helped fixed the groupings.

"Nice one, Jihoon hyung, Wonwoo hyung, that was pretty awesome, to be honest." Mingyu huffed, planted onto the floor.

"Wonwoo, I can still trust you to guide him around for the rest of the day? After all, you both nearly bit each other's necks off” Soonyoung called from behind the chalkboard, taking a picture of the confirmed teams before erasing the disaster that had happened.

“Yeah I'm free. It was just a friendly debate, no harm done. Follow me.” Wonwoo shrugged as he gestured for Mingyu to follow him, to which Mingyu had grabbed the outstretched hand to stabilise himself while getting up. He had cowered to the ground when Jihoon nearly smashed Jisoo's precious guitar over his head in an effort to shut him up and get his own points across the floor. The 20 centimetre gap Jihoon had with Mingyu meant that Mingyu barely took glances at the midget while trying to stand his own ground against Wonwoo, who was conveniently at his eye level.

“See you guys later!” Mingyu called behind him, smiling brightly. “Nice meeting y’all! Especially you, Jihoon hyung!” His overly friendly attitude earned a hiss and a pillow thrown in return, plus a "Yah! Stop it you are so childish!" called by someone whose voice he wasn't so sure of yet. He followed Wonwoo down the stairs, hand still fitted snugly into the other’s.

"That was pretty awesome, hyung. The way you cooly fought back stupid ideas from the others, especially when you stopped Jihoon hyung's guitar with one hand!" Mingyu squeezed Wonwoo's hand excitedly, blabbering about how suave Wonwoo was while he was led down the stairs. Seeing the rooms all lined up down the hallway, Mingyu took the chance to glance into the rooms that did not have their doors shut.

Ohhh I see some Michael Jackson posters hung up! I suppose they belong to the self-proclaimed Korea's Michael Jackson? Haha! There is a 'Do Not Enter, maknaes only' sign on the door. How cute. Am i considered part of the maknae group? I hope so, Chan seems fun to be with.

Oh this one, this one. It looks messy as hell. Is it Seokmin's and Seungkwan's? Wait what is that? An air purifier next to a portable karaoke station? What a weird combination...

Mingyu was about to look into the next room when Wonwoo interrupted his thoughts. "You peeking into their rooms? I got an advice for you, you probably don't want to look into the next one." He ended with an almost inaudible giggle, making Mingyu's eyebrowns shoot up, curiousity bubbling over his head.

The next one, the next one. I wonder whose and what is in it? "OH. EW. WHAT. Why are there inappropriately dressed figurines in there!" Mingyu exclaimed, tugging onto Wonwoo's hand to pull him back. Having heard Mingyu's reactions to the room, Wonwoo was almost roaring with laughter, hand trying its best to cover his agape mouth. By this time, the rest of the members started streaming down from the second floor. Mingyu noticed Junhui, Minghao, Jisoo and Jeonghan walking off, while Chan and Hansol scattered into their room.

"Come on, come on! Hurry up, you don't want to be caught lingering outside this room!" Wonwoo pulled Mingyu forward, laughter subsiding into occasional fits of giggles. Mingyu was dragged ahead, still puzzled at what he just saw. I think i just peeked into an otaku's room...

He was led to the room furthest inside, mind still blank. Until he saw a small figure scurrying down the steps.

"Did you lock our door? Did you? I bet you didn't am i right. UGH! I knew it! Someone probably looked into it and saw your ertic collection inside! Ugh, I feel so embarrassed rooming with an otaku like you!" A sharp voice shrilled down the hall. By now, most members had either returned to their rooms or left to go some where else around the campus, leaving a second-hand-embarrassed Jihoon and a smug Seungcheol walking down the steps.

"Whatever. I'm a man alright. Besides, I'm the oldest here. I can do whatever i want." Seungcheol retorted, rolling his eyes so hard that even Mingyu could see it through the small crack he made between the door and its frame.

"Haha! Can you believe it? Seungcheol? An otaku? Its hilarious, isn't it!" Wonwoo laughed, hand smacking his thighs then coming up to wipe a stray tear from his eyes. Mingyu turned around to face him, closing the door gingerly behind his back. He blinked, a fuzzy feeling arising in his chest as he watched the raven haired boy sit by the window, under a stream of sunlight that made his face glow brightly.

“Here’s our room, go unpack your stuff. If you wanna go explore the campus I’ll bring you, don’t want a lost puppy in our campus.” Mingyu saw Wonwoo’s lips curl up into a slight smile as he muttered those slightly harsh words. Cute.

“Now if you need my help with anything, just call out. I’ll just be at my desk, reading.” Cute, real cute.

Wonwoo pulled pillows from the other side of the window bench, tucking one behind him and one under his book. He took one last glance at the boy who had flipped his luggage to the side, trying to unlock the said objects.

~

He had expected Mingyu to be done by the time he was done with his own book, since he had already been halfway through it, but he drawled on a deep breath, closing his book and looking up, all he could see was Mingyu still stuck with one luggage unpacked.

Checking the clock he had placed on his table, Wonwoo called out to Mingyu. “Are you not done yet? It has been an hour already.”

“Wait a second... I’m pretty sure they were both set to 406, to represent my birthday, April 6th! Why is only one unlockable with 406?!” Mingyu cried, having spent the last forty minutes fiddling around with the luggage.

The younger boy had clothes strewn all over his bed, closet swung wide open but only half filled. Wonwoo took a glance to Mingyu’s table, sighing as he saw that it was also messily done. He then watched Mingyu, top row of teeth gnawing into his bottom lips, eyes strained onto the lock as he continued to enter random numbers into the combination. Mingyu was sitting on the floor, surrounded by messily stacked books, legs straddling the silver luggage.

“Do you want me to help you with that?” Wonwoo asked as he pu

Please log in to read the full chapter