Inside The System

F.I.V.R.
Please log in to read the full chapter

Welcome to FIVR, Mr Kim Mingyu.

Damn... this looks sweet! Mingyu tried moving his legs but he was fixed to the spot. Turning his head around, he observed his blurred out surroundings. I guess I’m technically not registered in the game yet. This feels so real though... He thought, looking around in awe.

Please enter your desired username here ____, or would you desire to select the name we had reserved for you?

k-gyu97

Woah this system has got my information? How safe is this? Mingyu sighed deeply as he reached out to selected the underlined words, indicating that he would use the one saved for him. It will save me the trouble of thinking up new usernames, no wonder min also used his usual one.

Very well, we shall begin the tutorial for: k-gyu97

The scenery buzzed and changed again, this time a fully enclosed blue room.

Welcome to the tutorial room, I am your guide, T-Bot17. You may ask me as many questions as you would like to. When you are ready, I can start up the combat trials.

Here, he was brought through the basics of the game, from interactions with CPUs, the customisation of classes, which zones were strictly no-combat-zones, to the most important, the ranking system. Turns out, the ranking system was pretty similar to “arenas”, something Mingyu was familiar with.

After choosing to register, you would be pitted against other players whom the system has deemed similar in prowess. A continuous death match will be held until you have lost to an opponent. There, the system will calculate your scores and you will be ordered into a numerical list.

In this room, Mingyu was allowed to make modifications to his look, or character interface as T-Bot17 called it. He kept it almost exactly the same as his real look, other than changing the colour of his hair, originally black, to greyish-blue, since he had recently dyed it. Seems like the starting look was based how i had been two months back, even though its cool, still slightly creepy.

What fascinated him most was the class system though, the system had generated and handed to him a layout of the class system, starting from four basic classes; ranger, assassin, warrior and mage, it branched out so much that there were overlapping traits and abilities, adding on customizable attributes, there was infinitely many possibilities of classes.

Only a maximum of 4 characters can be created at once. The T-Bot17 had called out, seemingly sensing Mingyu’s desire to try everything.

“Thank you, there is no time limit to this tutorial, am I right? I would like to study the classes and familiarise myself to combat and upgrading before I start out.” Mingyu called back into space, still grabbing onto the layout he was given, eyes fixated on it.

Yes, you may spend as much time as you want here. Other players had desired to jump into the actual playing system as fast as they could, only a handful of people had stayed to familiarise themselves like you.

A handful hmm? Seems like Min could have been one of them. Ah that reminds me! “By the way, how would i be able to contact another player in game?”

Through the buddy system, sir. You may manually enter their in-game name or choose to use their ID, if you have them at hand.

Mingyu made a mental note and merely nodded, before getting back to studying the endless possibilities of classes and their respective systems.

-2 hours later-

“Alright, I’m done! Sorry for the wait!” Mingyu called out. With his years of gaming experience, he had already managed to foresee the path he was most interested in taking, making a number of notes through the character interface. He didn’t think he could re-access this blue room, thus he made sure to jot down all information deemed necessary for his path to the top. All I need is a bunch of friends to grind with now.

Okay, sir. I will teleport you back to the city. Have fun and good bye, you may contact me through your character interface.

Please log in to read the full chapter