Drowning

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

{\__/}
( • - •) Hehe sorry for the wait, here's a bunny for you
/つ <3 It's not a sad ending, I promise TT
I just didn't get to upload the next chapter together TT I'm so sorry ~ Thanks for subscribing and reading!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I knew from the very first day Julia, or should I say Naeun-ssi."

"H-how could it be.. M-miss P-park"

"I-I recognized your voice and that bracelet of yours.."

~Flashbacks to time of the accident~

Upon completing her 12 hours shift, Chorong hopped on her bike and was ready to head home. She paddle slowly as she enjoyed the cool night breeze lightly blowing against her cheeks, she took a deep breath of the cool air as she huffed out her worries with a light sigh of defeat. It was a really rough day at work, with multiple complaints and scoldings lashed at her, Chorong was more than weary. She continued paddling along the sideway, enjoying the street lights that accessorize the landscape of the city. Slowing down and enjoying the little things was what kept her sane, for she is weary of the life she is having.

Most people surrounding her only saw the shining glamour her life displays, ranking first academically, top 3 in hapkido, contemporary dancer and even musically talented. A girl with multi-talent and comes from a rich family, her future is so promising. No one sees the darkness and emptiness that. No one knows about the price she paid to keep her dreams; she left her family, never taking a single cent from them since. But who is she to complain? She's just that girl whose parents are labelled as Crazy Rich Asians.

The number 1 highly sought after girl in school, number 1 in every single thing she does. But no one ever understands the emptiness that fills within her small frame. She never felt love nor did she feel sincerity from anyone. People merely try approaching her with the intent of extorting benefits by making use of her grades or fame. She has witnessed way too many betrayals and fake connections, that's why she chose to distance herself from everyone, never to let anyone in her heart anymore. Because isolation seems easier as one can only hurt this many times before they can never piece the broken pieces together again.

The negative feeling sinks in and for a split second she felt like giving up. But the smile of a special someone came into her mind and just the thought of that warmth she felt within her, she thought to herself maybe there was still that little ray of hope in her life, Yoon Bomi. When she first came into Chorong's life she was like a warm sunlight, Bomi's warm gaze and pretty smile melted Chorong at once. This warmth has become so familiar to her that it was the only reason she's still hanging on, for that girl that comes every Wednesday without fail ordering, haha water with sugar cubes. She shook off the thoughts of giving up as she forced a small smile on her face, the thoughts of  meeting Bomi tomorrow was sufficient.. Little did she know, her only will that's hanging off the thread will soon snapped into nothingness. Another girl would soon make an incorrigible and compulsive decision that would ruin her life forever....

On the other side of the streets..

"Don't you ever spare a thought for others? Or even me? "

"I WANT YOU TO CALL HER RIGHT NOW!"

"You embarrassed me on a day of celebrations in front of all my friends! Just for a baseless accusation of me cheating! How could you be so unreasonable.." the hurt was evident in Eunji's voice.

"BASELESS?? AM I SUPPOSED TO CATCH BOTH YOU AND YOUR SO CALLED BEST FRIEND IN BED TOGETHER BEFORE YOU ADMIT YOUR DIRTY ACTS OF CHEATING WITH THAT BITC-"

"You're being unreasonable!" Eunji buried her face in her hands before ruffling her hand in frustration.

"You know what? LET ME SHOW YOU WHAT'S UNREASONABLE!"

Catching her off guard, Naeun snatched the keys of Eunji's car and roughly entered the driver's seat. She quickly locked the car doors before throwing her things aggressively to the side, Eunji was desperately knocking on the windows pleading the younger girl to step out of the car.

"SON NAEUN!! " These calls fell on deaf ears as the other girl was too spiteful to even listen to her, she watched as  the younger girl gave her one last glare before speeding off dangerously.

She desperately called out to her again and again, her cries echoing in this cold night before falling on her knees. With one hand cupped over her and the other holding onto her chest, she finally let the tears she had held back through their relationship pour. Her body trembled as tears fell uncontrollably in silence, as her hands muffled the cries she desperately wished she could let out, but it was too much to hold for her.

It was never enough.


Throughout their relationship, Eunji tried her best to give Naeun a sense of security. She thought that by complying and being by Naeun's side was sufficient to build the trust she needed. Wasn't telling the whole world you're mine enough?  Anyone that knew the couple, knows that as much as Jung Eunji was charming and well-liked by others, she would never cheat on the girl. Because she loves her so much that she could give the world up, she even gave up on her scholarship to study music in a prestigious university overseas, just to stay by Naeun's side.

Music meant the world to Eunji but Naeun was her world.

Only to Naeun she was ever so gentle and warm, she never hid anything from her. Yet it wasn't enough for Naeun to trust her. Eunji was not allowed to hang out with her friends, neither text them because Naeun would get so mad. Because

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter