Truth

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
Please feel free to leave a comment below on your thoughts about the chapter, I reply and I don't bite. Thank you all for reading and subscribing! :) 

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eunji  POV
"Eunji, please help me.."

I watched as her eyes started glistening with tears, as they threatened to fall from her eyes anytime. The agony through her trembling voice made me flustered and all I wanted was to hug away her pain. Her small frame started trembling as the tears she has bottled up the whole time finally came pouring down. I reached out to her and enveloped her in my embrace. With my arms wrapped around the helpless girl, all I wanted to do at this juncture was to ease her pain because it hurts me to see her put on a strong front while she utterly shattered within.

"It's okay now, Unnie. I don't know what happened to you before I came by, but you don't have to go through everything alone now. I'm here for you."

Bomi POV
I stirred in my sleep as I heard melodious piano music coming from the second floor. I got up and quietly walked towards the room at the end of the hallway. The sound of the music was apparent but soon quieten down as I approached the room. A little ray of light escape the door left ajar and the curiousity within me did not falter as  I peer between the little gap.

"Eunji, please help me.." her voice was almost pleading and I felt the panging in my heart.

I desperately wanted to run to her and whip her into a tight hug but I halted in my steps as I watched Eunji wrapped her arms around her. It was almost the world moved in slow motion, everything rerun in my mind as I watch the girl I love is in someone else's embrace.

My world came slow crashing down. 

The close proximity the two of them had made me feel like I was redundant and I didn't want to interrupt such an intimate moment. It was as though someone had stabbed me in my chest and twisted the blades within me. I stood rooted to the ground and held my breath as the scene before me unfolds.

"It's okay now, Unnie. I don't know what happened to you before I came by, but you don't have to go through everything alone now. I'm here for you."

I chuckled bitterly to myself, it felt like I was a part of an epic joke. She wasn't even mine to keep to begin with, what rights did I have to tell her I'm jealous or hurt. I thought that simply being by her side was sufficient to make her love me, but little did I know that I was easily replaceable. And I have clearly lost to my opponent with arms wrapped around her, who am I to get mad, Eunji is a great person. I'm just a nobody compared to her. I turned around as I fought the urge to cry, I forced a smile on my face before going back to the sofa and pretending I was asleep. Because it's easy that way isn't it, to play along and act like nothing happened. It didn't take long before I heard the both of them, I quickly wiped away that lone tear that I had failed to hold back and pretended I was sound asleep.

"Seems like she's still asleep, but her fever has subsided" She said as her tender hands caressed my head.

This familiar touch used to bring me the warms happiness in my heart but today it felt like every touch was burning a hole in my agonizing chest. My heart is wrenching in pain, yet I can only muffle my pain by shutting my eyes tightly together.

I shall not see more that might shatter me further.

"Sure thing, are you sure you'll be good on your own though?"

"I'll be fin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter