Warmth

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chorong POV

"Come by anytime Eunji-ya~" I waved to her as I heard her footsteps lighter than before. 

When her footsteps was no longer heard, I called out to my hiding friend whom I noticed long ago.

"Pabo I may not see but I can hear and smell those chips you're munching away."

I was laughing inwardly and true enough that child of satan and her loud whines were heard.

So predictable. *flips hair mentally*

3. 2. 1. Bingo~

"Uhhh~ Rong unniee~ no matter where I hid and how quiet I was you can always find me! Hmph~ TT"

I can already imagine that girl pouting with her cheeks puff and arms cutely crossed. I laughed at the thought but quickly composed myself before she noticed and with my all so cool aura I cleared my throat lightly and said.

"I'm pretty sure you've been hiding and trying to eavesdrop on our conversation haven't you?" I questioned before sipping off my tea slowly.

"Hehe~ you know me so well Unnie ah~" she cheekily cooed as she took the sit beside me and playfully tugging at my shirt sleeves like a little child.

The warm steam from my cup of tea warmed me but her touched was the warmest. My heart fluttered at this familiar warmth. Her soft hair laid carelessly on my shoulders and some gentle strands brushes lightly against my face. Her warm arms s around mine as she leans on me.

This was my definition of a perfect afternoon.

Sometimes I wonder if she was really not lying to me about being an adult. I would have mistaken her for a 10 year old child with the constant need of my undivided attention and yes having to deal with her never ending antics of comedic acts. But it's her innocence and pure heartedness that healed me back then when I was in my lowest, she was my light...

~Flashblacks~

"I am so sorry Miss Park, your blindness caused by the accident was a result of trauma. You have only a mere 15% of recovering from your loss of vision..."

The sudden helplessness of being in complete darkness when I opened my eyes was devastating. That emptiness was indescribable and my pain was uncontainable. I could feel the eyes of pity on me and I hated it. I hated the world. I hated that drunk driver who knocked into my bike. I hated that I can no longer dance or do martial arts again. I hated everything.

"WHY DOES IT HAVE TO BE ME?!!! WHAT HAVE I DONE OH GOD! Take me." I was throwing everything I can grab around me while shrieking desperately my cry of frustration and hate.

When I was throwing a fit and hurting myself, a pair of arms wrapped around me. As the intimate warmth touched me, it was her words that saved me.

"Heyy.. It's okay I'm here, I'm here. The world is dark for you now, but let me be your light."

Without myself noticing, tears well up at my eyes as I recalled that incident. And the pain in my head amplified as snippets of the culprit's face flashed in my head but it was still blur.. As I was struggling...

"Unnie, stop it." She gently called out as she grabbed me in her warm embrace. Upon her touch everything felt okay again. It was like magic, like how the pain vanished immediately and how I felt safe in this darkness. I only had the courage to walk in this darkness because of her. But my cheeks were already wet with tears, no matter how hard I tried to make it stop they just kept flowing and i detest myself or being so weak. This weakness I'm experiencing felt so wrong but it felt so right at the same time. This warmth and security I'm feeling in this embrace of her's.

Maybe home is really just a pair of open arms, ready to piece you together when you're falling apart and ready to hug the brokenness back to a whole.

"Stop hurting, please." Her husky voice cried out firm yet gently. "You don't have to remember anything, just think of me."

WIth her words lingering at the tip of my ears, I allowed tears to flow to my heart content as I'm in my fortress of security. I liked how I can freely be myself with her, all vulnerable, all shaken, all happy at the same time. I don't have to hide behind a facade of happiness or put on a strong front, I just had to be me.

And her warmth completes me, Yoon Bomi.

Bomi POV

Bad day. BAD DAY. I gotten into a fight with this new kid in class yesterday and she did not appear in class today. I was wondering if my words was that harsh? I feel so guilty huehue TT So I just transferred to this high school nearby Rong Unnie's residence last week, probably uncommon for any students to transfer in their last year of high school to somewhere so faraway from where they lived, but oh wells I'm Yoon Bomi! Any not weird or embarrassing is not my style *snaps fingers in a zig zag manner* Hehe truth is, I stay at the other end of the city but tranferred here for... Chorongie~ Well don't get me wrong I'm not love sick, maybe I am but I've been travelling back and forth daily for the past 6 months ever since Rong Unnie has been discharged. I am not tired doing it for Unnie who thought that I lived in the same town but I am worried of her and not being able to come quickly when she need me.. I want to be a heartbeat away! I AM NOT LOVE SICK ALRIGHT! Okay fine, I am hehe. Oh right, I was talking about that new girl. Turns out she isn't new! She was away because she was suffering from depression, aigoo if I knew earlier I wouldn't have been so nasty...

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter