Light

Crossroads
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Day by day.. 
I miss you a little more, maybe a little bit more today.
Naeun ah, it's so hard now. 
I wished you were here.
-Eunji

Text sent!

It's been 276 days and my heart felt as empty as my life without you. I spent every night, screaming,  yelling in silence, I wished someone would hear my loudest cry of desperation.  It's another night I'm texting to the number you used to own,  except I know there will never be a reply again. I curled my body into a tight ball hoping that I can hold on to myself a little longer and hoping, you would be right next to me and telling me it's okay.

But those are just my endless lies to myself, I act like you're here but touch no warmth.  I'm so broken. I clenched my teeth tighter as I let my eyes well up with tears, I tried to hold back my tears but my gaze landed on that photo of us by the mirror and just like shattered glass of the frame, my heart has fell apart into a million bits and I can never be restored of who I am.  My tears fell endlessly and my shriek out loud this time as though it's enough to shout my misery off. I cry and cry till I finally fell asleep.

Just another night...

As usual I woke up and looked at my disheveled self, trails of tear marks all over my face and puffy eyes from crying and needless to say the messy hair. I smiled bitterly because I knew it well that faking a smile is so much easier than the endless questions of the world. I brushed my hair put my make up on, it's time to go out to fool the world I'm happy with my facade of smile.

*buzz buzz*

The buzzing sound from my phone caught my attention, I looked at it and it was a call from..

Naeun's number.

~Flashback~

"Pabojiiii~ You know you can always count on me! I'm just a text away!" Naeun yelled back with a shy smile. Her jet black wavy hair flowed in perfect synchronicity with the light evening breeze and the lilac sunset behind her back made it look like a perfect movie scene. I captured that moment in my heart all so picture perfected. 

 

I smiled at the short moment of happiness till the buzzing of my phone hit me back into reality.

The emptiness knowing that you're no longer here sinks in as I swallowed the lump of bitterness in my throat.

The buzzing continued as I stayed hesitant on picking the phone up. My fingers lingered about the green button only to find no courage to pick it up, the line went dead and i threw my phone on the couch. I sank on down heavily on the floor as I stared blankly at the TV, my reflection was clearly reflected on the clear black screen but no, I didn't recognized myself at all. When did I became such a stranger? I chuckled bitterly as I ran my fingers through my hair in all annoyance. Maybe my ref

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter