Namjoon

Not like the movies

Namjoon took a deep breath as they moved closer and closer to the front of the line. He smiled at his girlfriend as she just about started bouncing in excitement beside him. “Isn’t this great?” she asked excitedly. He nodded, his gaze following the Ferris wheel to the top. He couldn’t work out why it needed to be so damn high.

 

Finally, it was their turn. The attendant closed the door behind them and they slowly started moving upwards. She snuggled in against his side, pointing at things out of the window, but he kept his gaze firmly on his feet. It was no secret that heights made him uncomfortable. He had thought that when he had gone bungee jumping with the boys for their episode of BTS Run that it would help him face his fear, but he now realized, a bit belatedly, that it hadn’t helped one bit.

 

“Isn’t this romantic?” she asked as she turned to face her boyfriend who was looking rather pale. “Joonie? Are you ok?” she asked worriedly as she gently cupped his cheek so that he was looking at her. He shook his head. “Not really.” He admitted, his gaze dropping once again. “I’m sorry Joonie, I didn’t think you'd be scared of the Ferris wheel.”

 

“I’m not scared.” He protested, annoyed with himself for ruining her happy moment. He knew that it was one of her dreams to kiss at the top of the Ferris wheel, but he just couldn’t focus on anything other than the fact that he was suspended hundreds of metres in the air in a glass and metal bubble. She slipped her hand into his. “Hey. Its ok to be scared. Everyone’s scared of something, right?” she said.

 

He listened to her as she continued chatting, trying to get his mind off of the fact that they were so high up. Before he realized it, they had already come back down. The door swung open and she pulled him to his feet. “Come on.” She said as she tugged on his hand, pulling him onto the safety of the solid ground. He gave her an apologetic look. “I’m sorry Jagi. I know you really wanted to ride the Ferris wheel properly.”

 

She shook her head. “It doesn’t bother me. As long as we can spend time together I’m happy. Although I do have to admit, your nervous expression was kinda cute.” He nudged her, a pout on his face. “I’m a man, I’m not supposed to get scared.” He said sulkily. She chuckled as pressed a kiss to the corner of his mouth. “Why not? Like I said, I thought it was kinda cute.” She said as she skipped off, him close on her heels.