Kitty Kitty

Unexpected Things Happen

Joshua rolled over letting out a tiny moan. Feeling around for his phone on the side table, he grabbed it, eyes still closed. He checked the time, dropping his phone on the bed after seeing it was too early for him. He had the day off since he had no classes and he still woke up at 9am. Joshua nestled back into his pillows, only to open his eyes ten minutes later unable to go back to sleep. Frustrated he got up and stomped sulkily to the bathroom. He grabbed his toothbrush putting some toothpaste on. Looking up at the mirror, he screamed as he took in his reflection, dropping his toothbrush.

On the top of his head sat cat ears, and they moved. They stood at attention thanks to his screaming.  He turned his head to look down at his rear, letting out another scream at the tail that moved. Joshua gripped the sink as his knees threatened to give out. He breathed rapidly opening his eyes slightly to peek at the new appendages.

They were a mixture of black and white fur. The tail bearing the same colors, sleek and soft and he lightly poked at his…own… ears and tail. Joshua pulled gently letting out a yelp at the pain. They wouldn’t budge. It meant they were real. But how in the world did he get them. This was weird and he had no idea what to do.

He stumbled out the bathroom in his haste to get to his phone remembering his boyfriend. Jumping on the bed, he grabbed and dialed Jeonghan’s number. Joshua bit his lip waiting for him to answer his damn phone. He knew the other man had classes but he’d skip for Joshua. He had too. His cat ears perked up as he heard Jeonghan say, “Hello,” in a slightly groggy voice.

Rapidly he started to explain, “Jeonghan Hannie somehow over the night I got ears. I don’t know what to do. Jeonghannie you have to get here. I’m freaking out.” As the words tumbled out, his voice got higher, the stress evident.

“Whoa whoa, wait what? Baby slow down.”

“Ears! Cat! Tail and ears!” Joshua yelled into the phone.

“It’s honestly too early and I’m still half asleep. You need to explain this to me.” Jeonghan said yawning into the phone.

“Get your over to my place! Now! I need help Jeonghan!”

“All right, all right. I’ll be over in ten.”

Joshua sat on his bed, head in his hands. This day was just turning to crap. How in the world would they deal with this? There was no way he’d be able to go to his classes tomorrow, or work with his new appendages.


He laid on his bed, brain slowly coming up with depressing thoughts on how his life would be ruined if these things didn’t go away, when he heard the door open. Jeonghan’s voice rang out, “Babe? Where are you? I’m here now.”

“I’m in my room.”

He waited sitting up, legs akimbo and the ears waving back and forth.

“All right so what’s the big troub—“ Jeonghan stopped, surprised. He let out a croak. “Sh—Shua what are those?”

Joshua looked at him with a deadpan look. “What do they look like Hannie?”

“Ears,” he said faintly. “Cat ears and a tail…” Jeonghan shook his head. “Are you wearing a headband? Is that something to freak over? Or did you act all panicky to get me here for ?”

“They’re not fake! Feel them!” Joshua yelled, offended that his boyfriend would think he called him over faking a panic for . Please, not in the morning. Just because Jeonghan had on the mind a lot didn’t mean Joshua did.

Jeonghan walked over, raised his hand and started to caress the ear. Bending it back and forth feeling the softness of the fur and the pink skin on the inside of the ear. Joshua let out a small purr, placing his hands in front of his mouth in shock. Jeonghan ignored the noise, intent on figuring out the ears. But Joshua felt tingles up his spine. He wasn’t a cat but the stupid ears. His tail rose, moving towards Jeonghan’s wrist wrapping around it. His boyfriend seemingly fascinated by the feel, kept the ears eliciting more purring from Joshua’s lips. Jeonghan ran a fingertip from the point of the ear down to the base rubbing gently, surprised at the fact they were indeed attached to Joshua’s head and it wasn’t a headband as he assumed.

“Jeonghan,” he whimpered. “Stop,” batting his hands away from the cat ears. It felt really weird. Nice but weird.

“Why? You sound really cute when you purr. And they’re super soft,” he said reaching out once more.

Joshua backed away from him but his tail still held his wrist taking Jeonghan with him. He grabbed at the tail trying to make it let go.

“Ah, see baby it doesn’t want me to go.” He said looking at him smirking, eyes glinting with that holier than thou look.

“Stop touching the ears and I’ll stop moving away,” Joshua said with a pout and an eye glare.

Jeonghan stared down at him. He nodded. “Ok, ok. No more ear touching.” Looking him up and down he asked, “So how did this happen?”

“I don’t know!” He cried. “I woke up and started my morning routine and then I looked up and there they were!” The ears fell flat on his head, forlornly as if feeling his despair. Even the tail drooped, falling off Jeonghan’s arm.

Jeonghan sat down on the bed, reaching out to hug Joshua. “This is something straight out of a manga or an anime. Like one the ones you like to watch.” He wrapped his arms around him and started to pet his hair.

Joshua wanted to cry. “My life,” he moaned. “What am I going to do? How am I supposed to keep going to school and work?”

“You can become my kept man,” Jeonghan said, smirking against Joshua’s hair. He kissed him gently. “My pet. You’ll just stay at home, take care of the house, and be my cute house husband with ears.”

Joshua pushed at his chest. Glaring at him, he bared his teeth, “You’re not funny. I don’t want to be your house husband.”

“Why not? I’d take care of you. Financially.” He leered at him, “And ually. You’d be living the grand life.”

He smacked Jeonghan in the gut, who let out an oof. “I want a life. These ears need to go. The tail too,” he said looking at the offensive thing.

Jeonghan looked at him, looking contemplative as he scrunched up his face, “I heard that if you have they’ll fade. Or that’s how it’s like in the books, animes, and movies.”

“?” Joshua asked, completely skeptical, even if he watched anime and read manga more than his boyfriend.

“Yea babe. It’ll be ok. We’ve done it plenty of times. We’ll just see how much we need to have before they fade.” Jeonghan gave him a dirty smile, clearly enjoying the idea of lots of .

Joshua backed away, into his headboard. He protested. “But I have class tomorrow. Work. I can’t go if I can’t even walk from all the .” While was nice, lots of would kill his ability to walk for a good few days.

Jeonghan caressed him softly with intent. “It’s ok. I’ll be sure to be gentle baby,” he said, moving to cage Joshua in, giving him a light kiss as he slid his hands underneath his t-shirt.