Who are you?

Our Vow (Short Story)

 

After an hour of waiting outside, the nurse open the door for Taecyeon, Yuri, and Nichkhun to come into the room. Taecyeon quickly walk up to the doctor, asking him about Yoona. Seeing her awake and sitting again, Taecyeon felt happy.

“How is she?” Taecyeon ask.

“She fine now, she have recover from the accident. There is no negative sign from her. She can be check out by tomorrow.” Said the doctor.

“Thank you.” Taecyeon, Yuri, And Nichkhun said.

“No problem.” The doctor smiles, he begin to leave the room.

“How are you feeling Yoona.” Taecyeon ask her.

Yoona rub her head lightly, “my head hurt doctor.” Yoona answer Taecyeon.

“Doctor?” Nichkhun look dumbly at Taecyeon.

The doctor stop as soon as possible after he heard Yoona said Doctor, he turns around to look at Yoona.

“Doctor?” Yuri said confusedly. “Yoona, are you okay?” She worriedly look at Yoona.

“I’m fine, Yuri.” Yoona said as she looks at Yuri, and then she look back at Taecyeon. “Doctor, do you have any pill to get rid of this pain?” she ask him.

Taecyeon stood froze, Yoona does not remember him.

“We do.” Said the doctor as he walks up next to Taecyeon. “Do you remember anybody you know?” he ask her.

“I remember my sister, family, Nichkhun and his daughter, almost everybody I think.” Yoona said.

“Wh—what about him?” Nichkhun said as he point as Taecyeon.

“Isn’t he a doctor here?” Yoona asks.

Taecyeon heart broken into pieces, Yoona does not remember him.

“Yoona…it’s me Taecyeon. Your husband.” Taecyeon said.

“Taecyeon?” Yoona said as she close her eye.

“The name sound familiar. Who is he? Why does it felt weird thinking about him and the name.” Yoona thought as the blurry flashback flashing in her head.

Flashback: (This is all blurry so Yoona only know the voice but not the face)

“Yoona, will you be my girlfriend?” Taecyeon said.

“I would love too.” Yoona smiles.

“Marry me.” Another of Taecyeon blurry flashback. “I vow to be by your side as long as I breathe.”

“Saranghae Yoona.” Taecyeon said.

“Promise to love me forever.” Said Yoona.

“I promise.” Said Taecyeon, “Even if you don’t tell me too, I will still love you.” He smiles.

End

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“My husband?” Yoona said confusedly. “Wh—who are you?” she ask him.

Taecyeon when up next to Yoona and held her hand, “I’m your husband, Ok Taecyeon. We got married a year ago.” He said in frighten tone, “Yo—you don’t remember me?” he look into her eyes.

Yoona look at him as she tries to remember him, but she can only feel this special connection between him and her. “I don’t remember you.” Yoona said as she withdraw her hand from him.

Taecyeon step back a couple step as her words hit him in the heart.

“Yoona, you don’t remember anything about him?” Yuri ask.

Seeing him standing there shock, Yoona watch his expression tell her his broken heart. She suddenly feel sad, guilty, and an unbearable pain rushing into her heart as she look at his sad face.

“I only remember my family and a couple friend but him. I can’t remember anything.” Said Yoona, holding her hand together. She feel a ring on her marriage finger.

Yoona look at the ring, “I remember a guy name Doojoon.”

“Your ex-fiancé?” said Nichkhun.

Yoona look at Nichkhun dumbly, and back at the froze Taecyeon who is still looking at the floor.

“Yoona, his you husband. Doojoon is your ex-fiancé. Well, you two never dated or any relations happen. It was set up by our parents anyway but still Taecyeon should be the one you remember not that guy.” Said Yuri.

“I kept having blur vision in my head but I can’t recall who is who.” Yoona said, she look at Taecyeon, “I’m sorry…I don’t really remember you.

“Okay, let get you a check-up to see if there is any negative sign beside the severe memory loss.” Said the Doctor. “In the mean time, you guys try to talk to her. The nurse will bring in pain reliever pill and then they will bring you to the check-up room.”

They all nodded except for Taecyeon, the doctor then leave the room.

Nichkhun went up to Taecyeon, “Taec..Taec.” Nichkhun calling for Taecyeon, “Are you okay?” he asks as he shake Taecyeon a little.

Taecyeon look up at Yoona and then back at Nichkhun, “I……I’ll go you a drink.” Taecyeon said shakily.

Taecyeon look at Yoona again before he walks out of the room, Yoona, Yuri, and Nichkhun look at him worriedly.

“Follow him, oppa.” Yuri ask. Nichkhun nodded.

After Taecyeon left the room, he immediately went to look for the doctor. From one room to another, Taecyeon quickly take a look around the place until he sees the doctor walking up the hallway.

He ran up to the doctor and stop, “Doctor, when—when you said severe memory loss. Wh—what do you mean by that?” Taecyeon shaky tone.

“It seem like the accident have cause her to loss her memory, but she will be alright. To make sure it better if we do another check up.” Said the doctor.

“What do you mean she’s alright?” Taecyeon said, “She doesn’t remember be. My wife who is in the room does not remember me.”

“I’m sorry.” Said the doctor as he look at the frustrated Taecyeon. “Her memories will come back in times. I don’t know when or how long…but in time she will remember you.” Said the doctor as he tried to comforted Taecyeon with a pat.

“Times……” Taecyeon said sadly. “How long would that be?”

“Just give her time.” Said the doctor before he walk off.

After the doctor left, Taecyeon went to the corner of the hall where the vending machine are. He stood in front of it spacing out as he thinks of Yoona and the times they spent together slowly vanish into mid-air. Taecyeon tears slowly flows down from his eyes.

“Yoona…..” Taecyeon silently said her name as he slide down against the side vending machine.

Crying, tearing, Taecyeon wrap his knee together as he cries. Nichkhun from down the hall sees and heard everything, seeing his best friend cries really hurt him. Nichkhun wanted to walk up to Taecyeon but he stood there letting Taecyeon cries everything out. About 5 minutes later, Nichkhun walk up to him with a smiles as he greet his friend.

“Taec.” Nichkhun said.

Taecyeon look up at Nichkhun. He stand on his feet again as he face Nichkhun.

“I thought I should check on you.” Said Nichkhun, “Don’t hate yourself for it. It’s not your fault.”

“She can’t remember me.” Taecyeon said sadly. “It’s all my fault.”

“You can’t blame everything on you.” Said Nichkhun. “She will remember you somehow. Just try to spend more time with her.”

“She only remember her ex-fiancé.” Said Taecyeon.

“That doesn’t mean anything, you can’t just give up hope right now.” Said Nichkhun, “If you both love each other dearly, then hold onto it tightly and don’t let go. You give everything for her, it won’t go to waste for nothing.” He smiles, “Come on, lets get the ladies some drink.”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back in the room, Yuri have been talking to Yoona, trying to help her refresh her memories but Yoona still could not remember anything. Yuri then jump into the families and how they were kids, Yoona smiles as she remember a little bit of their childhood. The boys then walk into the room with drink, Nichkhun walk to Yuri while Taecyeon hesitate a little before he walk to Yoona who is looking at him. Taecyeon walks up to Yoona.

“Here is you drink.” Taecyeon said as he handed her a warm-hot tea.

“Thanks.” Yoona sad softly as she take the cup from his hand yet kept her eyes on his red eyes.

“What took you guys so long?” Yuri asks.

Taecyeon look at Nichkhun, giving him the eyes signal not to say anything.

“Th—there was a long line in the cafeteria so we decided to go to the vending machine instead.” Nichkhun said as he nodded like he is telling the truth.

“Oh really, then why is Taecyeon eyes red?” Yuri question became curious.

“He….he…um..” Nichkhun nervously look at Taecyeon as he tries to think of a reason to explain to her. “he…..had..”

“Dust!” Taecyeon said, “I had dust in my eyes, the by passer was carrying something old and dusty.”

The nurse then walks into the room with pain reliever pills for Yoona, after she drink the pills the nurse push the bed to the check up room. Leaving other waiting at the room for Yoona. After half an hour have pass, the nurse push the bed with Yoona on it back into the room.

“I can’t seem to find anything else beside the severe memory loose and the headache she had describe to me. She can check out a week from today, and I will give her prescription for her headache. Only drink it when you feel the pain.” The doctor said.

“Thank you doctor.” Said Taecyeon.

“For you, we also need another check-up since both of you were in the same car and accident. Although you show a positive sign of your health but its better to check than regret later on.” Said the doctor. “I’ll have the room ready in five, the nurse will come back to get you.”

“Okay doctor.” Said Taecyeon.

The doctor left the room. The room became silent again, no words coming out of anybody mouth. Later the nurse came back to get Taecyeon, during the check-up for Taecyeon, the doctor found a negative sign in his body. Taecyeon put his shirt back on as the doctor walks to him.

“We find something that will dis-benefit you. As a result from the accident, your motor nerve is damage. Luckily is not really that bad to cause you paralyze but it will cause your body movement not to function probably. To prevent it from happening I will give you a prescription and recommend physical therapy.” Said the doctor.

“Wait why am I on prescription if it a Motor nerve damage. Physical therapy is good enough for me.” Taecyeon said.

“The prescription if to help you relieve from pain and just incase your loss control of your body. Take a pill and relax for 30 minutes then your body can recover back to normal again. The pill you have to drink it twice a day and if necessary when you feel your body is about to fail, you take the medicine right away.” Said the doctor, “I will give you two set so you can keep one at home and one with you.”

“Thank you doctor.” Said Taecyeon sadly, “Can you not tell anybody about this?”

“I won’t but it best to let your family know about it.” Said the doctor.

Taecyeon didn’t say and left the room after the doctor wrote him a prescription.

“Thank you Dr. Hwang.” Said Taecyeon.

Taecyeon left the room and walk back to Yoona soullessly. The days continue as Taecyeon, Nichkhun, and Yuri spent their time with Yoona in hoping to regain her memory. It works on some part but to Taecyeon, her memories still remain blank. Taecyeon did not give up, he continue to tell her their past and time they spend together. Taking care of her day and night, he stays by her side not leaving her once second. Her parent heard about the accident and calls her immediately, they were happy and ease that their daughter is okay. A week soon weekly pass, Yoona was check out Nichkhun family when to pick Taecyeon and Yoona up from the hospital and bring them back to Taecyeon luxury house he bought before the wedding. Nichkhun park his SUV by the Garage, Yuri help Yoona to the house while Taecyeon enter the code to open the door. The walk into the house, faith went to sit in the couch. Taecyeon and Nichkhun then carry the bags into the house.

“This is your and Taecyeon house.” Said Yuri as Yoona look around the house.

“It looks familiar.” Said Yoona. “But I still can’t recall much about this house.”

“It’s okay, you will remember. This house was yours and Taecyeon dream house.” Yuri said as she walks Yoona around the house.

From one picture/frames on the wall to another, Yuri shows Yoona from the living room to the kitchen and up to their bedroom. Yoona still could not remember must but she feels a special connection with it. Yuri seeing Yoona looking around consciously, she decided to leave her in the room privately for a moment.

“How is she?” Nichkhun ask as he watch his wife walking down the stair with his hand out for her.

Yuri grab his hand as she take her last step from the stair, “She still does not remember anything, but she her looking around the room seriously I decided to let her have some time alone.” She said as they walk to the kitchen to reunite with Taecyeon.

“Did she show any sign of headache?” Taecyeon asks worriedly.

“No she’s fine right now.” Said Yuri. “I’ll make dinner tonight. Why don’t you bring her a cup of warm water?” she suggest to Taecyeon.

“Thank you Yuri.” Said Taecyeon before he leaves the kitchen with a cup of warm hot light chocolate with caramel syrup for Yoona.

Taecyeon walk up to the room gently with the cup in his hand, with Yoona still distract by her vision. He enter the room and up to her.

“Are you okay, Yobo?” Taecyeon ask.

Yoona jump in shock a little, she turn around and give a soft smile. “I’m fine. I was just trying remember……..” Yoona said in stutter.

“It’s okay, you don’t have to explain. I brought you your favorite drink.” Taecyeon said as he handed her the cup.

“Light-chocolate with caramel syrup?” Yoona ask as she take the cup from him, he nodded. “Thank you.”

“No problem.” Taecyeon said. “You can sleep here, I will sleep in the living room.” 

Yoona just smiles as she look at him, an hour later they came down to join Nichkhun and Yuri along with their daughter for dinner. After they finish eating dinner, Taecyeon cleans the dishes while other chill in the living room. The sky is fully dark, Nichkhun and Yuri decided to head home.

“If you need anything just give me a call or let me know. I live just down the hill.” Yuri said before she leaves.

“ I will.” Said Yoona.

After Nichkhun and Yuri leave the house along with their daughter, the house became quiet as they sat on the couch with him glancing at her secretly. Yoona not wanting the atmosphere to feel any weirder, she look at the room with the door close tight.

“Who is that room?” Yoona ask as she point to the room next to their master bedroom.

Taecyeon look at where she point, unhappily he does not want to talk about it.

“It’s a room reserve for someone.” Said Taecyeon not wanting Yoona to remember their unborn baby.

“Oh.” Yoona let out a disappointed tone. “Umm then I guest I should go take a shower and rest.”

“Yeah you should.” Said Taecyeon as he nodded.

Yoona left to the room and grab some cloths before she head to the bathroom. Taecyeon grab a pillow and blanket from the closet next to their room.

Too be continue..............

P.S. Taecyeon and Yoona house.

7145.jpgwpid-Seongbukdong-Residences8.jpg