The Year-End Party

Our Vow (Short Story)

 

Three day have pass, Taecyeon have brought work back home and working in the other bedroom. He tried to finish work early so he can spend time with Yoona, taking her to the movie and out to eat. The next day, at the end of the day he purposely left the house early so he wouldn’t be drag along with Yoona or Nichkhun. Yuri drove to Yoona house with her daughter, all wearing dresses, Yoona notice Nichkhun is not in the car.

“Where is Nichkhun?” Yoona ask.

“He have to go somewhere for a little bit.” Yuri said as she begins to drive away.

“Oh.” Yoona said as she remembers Taecyeon. “ Why are all men so busy?” she ask.

“You’ll see what I mean later on.” Said Yuri. “They all have a purpose of being busy.”

Yoona just smiles as Yuri drive, 15 minutes later, they have arrive at the ballroom of her parent mansion. The ladies walk into the mansion and greeted their parent.

“Yoona, Yuri.” Mrs. Im calls them happily as she walk to them. “I miss you girls.”

“I Miss you too omma.” Yuri said after they break the hug. “Yoona this is omma.”

Mrs. Im worriedly looks at her daughter. “Yoona?” she said.

Yoona look at her for a while before she speaks, “Omma. How are you?”

Mrs. Im smiles happily as she held Yoona hand, “I’m fine, omma heard about the accident and was worried dead about you. I wish I could have gone back to check on you but appa and omma were really busy. Please forgive omma and appa.”

“It’s okay.” Yoona said.

“I’m glad you still remember us.” Said Mr. Im. “Where are husbands?” he ask.

“Nichkhun is coming soon.” Said Yuri.

“Taecyeon said he’s busy, he couldn’t come.” Yoona answer unhappily.

“Grandma, grandpa don’t forget about Jin-soo.” Jin-soo said as she jumps up and down.

Mr and Mrs. Im smiles sweetly as they watch their little granddaughter jumping around the place. Doojoon then walk into the ballroom up to Yoona and greeted everybody.

“Annyoung auntie and uncle.” Doojoon smile as he greeted Yoona parent. “It have been a long time since I last see you. How was France?” he ask.

“It was great.” Mr. Im said.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at home, after Yoona left the house Taecyeon head back home in suit after his last business meeting. Nichkhun walk over to Taecyeon house 30 minutes later.

“Nich—Nichkhun.” Taecyeon shock as he speak. “What are you doing here? I thought you left with Yoona and Yuri already.”

“I didn’t because I knew you would do this so I told Yuri to go first.” Nichkhun said. “You’re coming with me to the party.”

“I told you I’m not going.” Taecyeon said.

“Haha no bro, that’s not the answer I came here for. I came to get you to go with me and that is final.” Nichkhun drag Taecyeon into Taecyeon car.

“Wa—wait.” Taecyeon resist but it was too late. Nichkhun have already drives the car.

20 minutes later, they arrive at the party.

“Here’s your key.” Nichkhun handed him the car key.

“You had to force me to come here using my car, I told you I did not want to come.” Taecyeon said.

“Well, you are here now.” Nichkhun said as he walks Taecyeon into the party.

Taecyeon stop when he sees Doojoon standing next to Yoona and her parent, Nichkhun push him forward. Nichkhun give Yuri a kiss on her cheek while Taecyeon and Yoona stare at each other.

“I thought you say you were busy.” Yoona said.

“I was but Nichkhun drag me here.” Said Taecyeon. “Annyoung omma, appa.” He greeted her parent.

“Annyoung Taecyeon and Nichkhun.” Mr. And Mrs. Im said.

“What took you so long?” Yuri ask.

“I had to drag him out of the house.” Nichkhun answer her.

“Hi taec.” Doojoon smile as he said.

Taecyeon just give him a fake smile.

“You kids enjoy yourself, we’re going to greet the guest.” Mr. Im said.

They all nodded.

“Can we have talk, privately?” Doojoon ask Yoona.

“I…..” Yoona look at Taecyeon who is worriedly looking back at her.

“It’s something important.” Doojoon said.

“You can say it here.” Yuri said.

Doojoon ignore Yuri, “Please Yoona.” He said again.

“okay.” Yoona said before she follows him out into the garden leaving the worried Taecyeon behind watching her.

“Taecyeon, you can’t let him take her away like that.” Yuri said. “What do you expect me to do?”

Nichkhun and Yuri can only sign. Out in the garden, Doojoon took out a ring and show it to her.

“Marry Me.” Doojoon said.

Yoona in shock state, “Wh—what? I’m already married.” She said.

“I already told you that you marriage with him was fake, he stole you from me.” Doojoon said. “Marry me, and I promise you the happiness you get.”

“I don’t know.” Yoona said.

“Yoona, once you are marry to me. I’ll tell you the truth about everything. And what Taecyeon can do I can too.” Doojoon said. “You in there earlier, you father like me and know me better.” He lied. “Once we get married, just gave me two week and I promise you will know everything.” Doojoon convincing her. “Please Yoona.”

Yoona hesitate as she look at Doojoon serious face, “Okay but I don’t want to wear the ring yet. I’m still a married women.”

“It okay, I’ll wait until you divorce.” Doojoon said. Yoona nodded, he smiles as they walk back into the party room.

Once they are in the room, Yoona follow Doojoon around to greet people with uncomfortable smile. Taecyeon hurtfully helplessly watch Yoona next to the man his dislike. Doojoon on the other side enjoy the time with Yoona as he make her believes his lied. As time pass and standing in the crowd, Yoona feel something is missing in her heart, an incomplete hole without Taecyeon by her. She could not stop thinking about Taecyeon since she accepted Doojoon proposal.

Doojoon looks at her, “I’m going to get some drink. Do you want more?” he asks.

Yoona nodded, Doojoon give her a smile before he walks to the bar where Taecyeon is seating. Yoona see Taecyeon miserably sitting on the couch alone with many empty glasses, he can tell his face expression is not happy.

Doojoon walks pass Taecyeon, “You’re enjoying this huh?” Taecyeon said coldly.

Doojoon stop and turn around to looks at him. “You can say that.” Doojoon smiles, “Actually I am really enjoying this. She doesn’t remember you but me her ex-fiancé.” He said, “I can get back to plan for her family business and money.”

They talk not knowing that Yuri was near by and recording their voices.

“Why?” Taecyeon said as he stand up to face Doojoon. “Is money really important to you? Do you even care or love her?” he asks.

“I do love her but I’m more into her family wealth.” Doojoon said.

“Ho—how can you do this to her?” Taecyeon said angrily.

“Don’t you love her more?” Doojoon say, “That’s why I will gave her back to you once I have everything in my hand and enjoy her a little.”

“You bastard.” Taecyeon scream angrily as he sent a surprising punch across Doojoon face.

Yuri scream, everybody attention went to them. Yuri stop recording and shout for her husband. “Nichkhun oppa.” She shouts in fear.

Nichkhun quickly run to Yuri after he heard her shouting for him, checking on his wife Yuri point at Taecyeon who beating Doojoon up badly. He went up to Taecyeon and pull his back, holding him tightly away from Doojoon.

“Taecyeon oppa.” Yoona shout as she stood in between the guys.

Taecyeon anger still rise in him as he try to release himself from Nichkhun.

“Stop it Taec! You’re loosing yourself.” Nichkhun said loudly.

Yoona went over to Doojoon and help him up. “Are you okay?” she ask him.

“I’m fine.” Doojoon answer her calmly as he wipe the blood off his lips.

Yoona look back at Taecyeon, “Ok Taecyeon!” she exclaimed furiously. “What was that for? Why did you punch him?”

“He’s an , a bastard.” Taecyeon angrily said.

By the looks in his eyes, Yoona can feel his anger in him, it was also the first time she sees him really angry.

“He's using you.” Taecyeon said in a loud tone. “He only got close to you because he wanted get back on track to steal your family wealth.”

“I’m not. He’s lying to you.” Doojoon lied, “He’s trying to steal you away from me. Yoona you have to believe me. Everything I told you is the truth. He’s the one that want to steal your family wealth.”

“I’m lying?” Taecyeon angry tone, “You just ing admitted yourself earlier.”

“Don’t listen to him Yoona.” Doojoon trying to convinced Yoona to believe him.

Nichkhun still holding onto Taecyeon, “Let me go!” Taecyeon demand, and Nichkhun loosen his grip.

“I’ll show you who’s lying.” Taecyeon angrily walk up to Doojoon as he get ready to beat him up again.

Before Nichkhun could stop him, Yoona step in between them and grab him by the hand. She storm out of the ballroom unhappily with Taecyeon. Doojoon was about to go after them but Yuri stop him.

“You should stay and give them their time alone.” Yuri said.

“Why should I? Yoona is going to be my wife soon, she had agree to marry me.” Said Doojoon stubbornly.  “Move aside.”

“You better listen to my wife and give her some respect before you end up on the floor like crap again.” Nichkhun said as he glares at Doojoon.

Doojoon frighten by Nichkhun, he back off and sat on the couch impatiently. While outside in the front of the ballroom, Yoona drag Taecyeon to the valley by the parking lot and stop.

“Why did you drag me out here? I was about to beat him up again.” Taecyeon in loud tone.

“That’s the reason why I had to drag you out here with me.” Yoona said. “You can’t just beat him up in front of the guest.”

“Why can’t I? He deserve it.” Taecyeon said.

“Still, you can’t do that to him.” Yoona said. “I don’t know what happen between you two or what he said to you but you still can’t punch him in front of the guest.”

“I did it for you, I wanted to rip him apart for you. He’s using you, Yoona. He doesn’t even love you.” Taecyeon said.

“I really appreciate you helping me and love me even when I suffered a severe memories loss but its my life not you.” Yoona said uncontrolled.

“You’re my wife.” Taecyeon said.

“By law I am, but the truth is there a lot of things going on and what people around said. I’m not even sure if this marriage is even true or lied. I really can’t tell.” Said Yoona.

“But Yoona……” Taecyeon try to speak.

Yoona cutted him off, “Forget it, I’m tired I want to go home.” Yoona said.

Yoona walk to car and spotted their car, leaving the angry and confused Taecyeon behind following her. Taecyeon drove home, on the way home was quiet. Not a single word from either sided as Yoona look out the window while Taecyeon manage to glance at her once in a while. Ten minutes of silent in the car, they finally reach home. Taecyeon was able to calm himself as he follows Yoona into the house but before she can go into her room, Taecyeon grab her back.

To be continue……………